It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dassault Neuron

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Does anyone know anything about the Dassualt Neuron stealth UCAV?

Here's the wikipedia link: en.wikipedia.org...

I find it rather cool that it will (assuming they can deliver... but Dassualt and EADS seem to be to the level... frenchness aside *cough*) be both land and carrier-based. Seems like a good way to reduce total operating cost if you standardize your airforce... less money spent on training people to fly these things (at least until they fly themselves

So, at the risk of repeating myself, does anyone know anything more about it, like tech specs maybe?

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The neuron looks very much like a scaled down version of an american stealth bomber.,

The pilot of tomorrow will be 13 year old kids in the loop with high rankz in Counterstrike and Unreal Tournament (beware of the south Koreans
)

[edit on 12-12-2004 by Countermeasures]

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
If this project goes through it will be one of the biggest leaps in aircraft history. The Neuron is supposed to take place of the Mirage aircraft by 2012.

More info and a video.

Out,
Russian

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
France learning how not to fight in a whole new way!

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
No way in all creation will that plane be in service in 2012. I would be suprised if they had a fully operational demonstrator by then. Yes, yes I know they will have something flying by then, but not what they are anticipating. They are stating this will replace a MANNED FIGHTER by 2012? No way.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
That's the sexiest UAV I ever seen...sadly, I have been very attracted to French cars and aircraft lately, shame on me...

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Why couldnt it be ready by 2012?
Its not really that much of a jump in tech we've had remote control technology since at least WWI this is just taking things to the logical conclusion.
Heck in my opinion if America had really wanted an RC fighter we could have had one decades ago but because of an ingrained belief that a pilot must be in the plane we never pursued it until recently.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Either your signature is a lie or you are joking - it cannot be operational by 2012 because it is French.

new topics

top topics

join