It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abraham Virtue (Man or Myth)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I call myself Abraham Virute. Why???

Well I am a huge fan of Benjamin Franklin. As a young printing press operator for his older brother's newspaper, Benjamin learned that his views and opinions could be heard under a false name. He realized that the truth and freedom of the truth was forever oppressed so as long as the King of England persacuted those who spoke aganist him. Franklin learned that if the King couldn't find the culprit then he couldn't stop the messanger of truth and freedom so as long as he, the King couldn't find the writer. Since Benjamin was working for a press agency he could always make sure the word of his alias was known.

So basically Abraham Virtue is inspired by Franklin's fear and disgust with the system. I tried to make my alias resemble the name and ideals of one of Benjamin's propagating puppets. That puppet being one, "Silence Dogood"

Silence Dogood preached the good silently. Silence Dogood wasn't allowed to be known. Silence was the inspiration of this ideal. Dogood, as in: Do Good, was meant to represent the wisdom and beliefs that are held within the one who created Silence Dogood.

So I used Virtue as a representation of that ideal, of doing good.

I used Abraham for more complex reasons.

Abraham is the symbol of brotherly love. Abraham is a person that many people can agree on. Abraham is a person many people agree with, and have reverence for.

Especially Jews and Arabs.

That is why I used Abraham.

Because I wanted to reach out to the waring Jews and Arabs in Palestine.

Abraham Virtue probably wouldn't have ever been known if I hadn't of ran into a web discussion board called Mother Jones. Mother Jones is some magazine. I found a web discussion board on the Mother Jones website and soon found myself reading some of the members' posts. One of those members was called "Bundoo".

If it wasn't for Bundoo, Abraham Virtue would have never been born. Bundoo is the person who drove me to start the crusades of Abraham Virtue.

For I saw that the situation is Palestine was worth my attention. I saw that the men and women who lived in Palestine were oppressed by their own oppressive ways. I saw that there was a major situation that needed to be solved in Palestine, and I was eager to solve it. Abraham is all about situations and their solutions.

Yet like I told Nans, Abraham Virtue isn't real. Abraham Virtue is only who I strive to be, not who I neccasarily am. Learning who I am through Abraham Virtue has allowed Abraham Virtue to grow up and mature in many ways. Therefore Abraham Virtue has changed in many ways, and continues change. Abraham Virtue is not a person. Abraham Virtue is a faith. Abraham Virtue is a moral. Not a mortal. Yet everyday I strive to make the mortal in me the moral of Abraham's ways.

Ways that know no other ways than that of God. Abraham Virtue is a servant of God. Or at least he tries to be. I am not Abraham. But I want to be.

You See?

Abe

[Edited on 2-6-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Huh? What? Oh, nice to meet ya. The situation in Palestine is pretty bad. I have to side with the Palestinians mostly. If people from Israel came to America and said "God promised this land to us 7,000 years ago so we are taking it from you." Then there would be one helluva fight. We would probably do the same things the Palestinians are doing to defend our homeland.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The Prophet Abraham is the only cure for the disease that plagues the Muslims and the Jews.

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 02:50 AM
link   
...Abraham VIRTUE is an alias you invented, inspired by the way Abraham LINCOLN or Benjamin FRANKLIN invented his newspapers writing aliases ?

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
The Prophet Abraham is the only cure for the disease that plagues the Muslims and the Jews.

He never died for either, but I know One who died for all.

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
He never died for either, but I know One who died for all.

If one were to come back to life, were you really dead, or just asleep?

XAOS

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
...Abraham VIRTUE is an alias you invented, inspired by the way Abraham LINCOLN or Benjamin FRANKLIN invented his newspapers writing aliases ?

Lincoln was just another reason why I chose Abraham. He wasn't actually the intital motivation. The initial motivation was Benjamin Franklin's alias Silence Dogood.

Abraham is used because of his fatherly love, compassion, devoutness, faith, wisdom, and love of God.

Abraham is used for many reasons, Abraham Lincoln is just ONE of those reasons.

You See?

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Abraham Virtue
Silence Dogood. It sound like Snoop Doggy Dog...

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by xaos
If one were to come back to life, were you really dead, or just asleep?

That depends, its been under many names forever. Ressurection, Reencarnation, Born, people have came back in morgues and such. I have read a little bit about this phenominon and find it interesting.

top topics

join