It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Just Created Crystals That Make Breathing Underwater A Possibility

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: N3k9Ni

They don't have to remove the oxygen faster than the fire can burn, they only have to reduce the oxygen level by five or six percent and the fire can't burn.
They have to remove oxygen faster than the surrounding air can replace what is consumed.

The fire consumes oxygen. That oxygen is replaced by air. In order for the fire to be extinguished oxygen has to be consumed faster than it can be replaced by air.

I didn't mean to get your panties in a bunch.
I don't wear panties but if I did they would not be in a bunch.

edit on 11/28/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You're absolutely right, it won't work. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to a steak and lobster dinner. TTFN

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Interesting discussion... Now I'm thinking of a rebreather with an isolated perflorocarbon loop-back circuit with some transfer medium device between it and a seawater separator. Something like running a nasal tube halfway to the lungs and actively pumping the oxygenated fluid. Seawater is still kept physically isolated from the breathable fluid. However some other aspects of human physiology still aren't suited to deep water conditions even if the compressibility of air is ruled out. (I suspect your skin and other tissues would saturate and peel off in a bad way with enough exposure, not to mention some other stuff with blood chemistry at high pressure, etc.) However this would reduce the pressure differential compared to a suit that used air instead of a breathable fluid, and a less robust and more flexible suit might then be usable for deepwater work.

For non deep-water use as a regular air supply, this thing may have a lot of potential compared to scuba or existing re-breathers for extending dive times.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Seeing People are Discussing about A Breathable Liquid for Deep Sea Diving or a Possible Use for Space Travel

Something Like what you May have Seen in the movie ABYSS

So here's about Liquid breathing

Liquid breathing
en.wikipedia.org...

The Crystals are Interesting !

The Natural breathing expanding of the Lungs would be Difficult not too.. Unless a partial Breathing

Kinda Reminds me of the Pill that the Visitors ( Reptilians ) in the TV Series called V ( Original early 80s )
So they Could Breath Earths Atmosphere

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join