It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC Ferguson protesters arrested en route to Thanksgiving Day Parade

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
a reply to: Gryphon66
So answer the question: do these protestors have the Constitutional RIGHT to riot, destroy property?

Please tell me how you find it justifiable.
Won't hold my breath on a rational answer.

You won't get an answer to this question.

This particular question exposes light on the thinly veiled racism that is being displayed by all the rioters and looters.

As long as the agenda is progressing - any excuse for destruction is acceptable - in the name of justice and civil rights.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
a reply to: Gryphon66
So answer the question: do these protestors have the Constitutional RIGHT to riot, destroy property?

Please tell me how you find it justifiable.
Won't hold my breath on a rational answer.

Are you referring to the protesters in NYC today, or the protesters in Ferguson, MO, or the criminals who committed violence and theft in Ferguson MO, that so many are trying to tie directly back to the protesters?

Protesters in NYC today may have been in the range of "civil disobedience" as they didn't have the appropriate permit if I understood correctly. Their actions, if that is true, were illegal, but were not in any way unconstitutional, in fact, I'd say the opposite in terms, at least of the "spirit" of the Constitution; they assembled, they spoke their minds.

Protesters in Ferguson were protesting in a manner not unlike those in NYC today. Again, technically, they may have needed a permit and didn't have one.

Rioters, looters, destroyers and purveyors of violence in Ferguson or anywhere else are criminals and should be dealt with according to the law.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

In regard to your OP, I do have a question:

You post two videos from Youtube about the protests/civil actions in NYC today.

Is the third item you post, the still photograph with folks rocking the police car, also from what happened in NYC today, or is it from something else?

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: wanderingconfusion

No need to reply anymore.apparently someone is acting intentionally obtuse and trolling us all.

COnstitutional lawyers themselves will tell you your rights end when they violate another persons rights. But some people here will not admit that and just dismiss it.

FErgusons looters deserve no rights but the miranda rights.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
So, let's review what we've learned in this discussion thus far ...

1. It's a-ok to pretend that all Ferguson protesters are also looting and doing violence (as OP does so subtly by the placement of videos from New York and a photograph from Ferguson) as long as we feel strongly or believe that to be true.

2. The US Constitution, while strangely not guaranteeing all Americans the same rights of assembly and freedom of speech, does however state that "your rights end where they infringe on anothers rights." Also, the statements of "Constitutional lawyers" are just as good as anything, you know, actually written in the Constitution.

3. Anyone who insists on facts rather than beliefs and misrepresentations is actually only trolling the thread.

edit on 6Fri, 28 Nov 2014 06:18:25 -060014p0620141166 by Gryphon66 because: Added flair, and vomiting icon.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
So, let's review what we've learned in this discussion thus far ...

1. It's a-ok to pretend that all Ferguson protesters are also looting and doing violence (as OP does so subtly by the placement of videos from New York and a photograph from Ferguson) as long as we feel strongly or believe that to be true.

2. The US Constitution, while strangely not guaranteeing all Americans the same rights of assembly and freedom of speech, does however state that "your rights end where they infringe on anothers rights." Also, the statements of "Constitutional lawyers" are just as good as anything, you know, actually written in the Constitution.

3. Anyone who insists on facts rather than beliefs and misrepresentations is actually only trolling the thread.

Yes we do insist on facts here at ATS, and so should our legal system however flawed it seems to be.

So your spin ain't workin here no mo...... Read the facts and come back another day!

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: scattergun

Why don't you demonstrate what I said that wasn't factual rather than a pointless posting drive-by?

Facts, remember, not opinions. Take your time.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Why don't you demonstrate what I said that wasn't factual rather than a pointless posting drive-by?

Facts, remember, not opinions. Take your time.

a). Please become informed and read the US Constitution
b). Then read page 37 of the Ferguson Indictment that explains how it applies
c). Read it again just in case you missed something
d). That is the written law, so your just going to have to head back to troll central and re-group.
e). Fact. Embrace the horror

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
It is true that our roots, as Americans, are indeed founded on protest and property destruction, but the important thing to remember is, violation of the rights of others were kept in a much greater regard.

Many of the Boston Tea Party participants fled Boston immediately after the destruction of the tea to avoid arrest. George Hewes remembered, “We then quietly retired to our several places of residence, without having any conversation with each other, or taking any measures to discover who were our associates… There appeared to be an understanding that each individual should volunteer his services, keep his own secret, and risk the consequence for himself. No disorder took place during that transaction, and it was observed at that time that the stillest night ensued that Boston had enjoyed for many months.” Only one member of the Sons of Liberty, Francis Akeley, was caught and imprisoned for his participation. He was the only person ever to be arrested for the Boston Tea Party. No one died during the Boston Tea Party. There was no violence and no confrontation between the Patriots, the Tories and the British soldiers garrisoned in Boston. None of the members of the crews of the Beaver, Dartmouth, or Eleanor were harmed. - See more at: www.bostonteapartyship.com...

Source: The Boston Tea Party

We seem to have lost a very important part of our heritage: Respect.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I have read the US Constitution, have you? Because you haven't quoted anything from that document at all. Here's a helpful link for you. Constitution of the United States

Why not be specific and address what I supposedly don't understand if you actually have anything of substance to say rather than merely making silly quips.

There's a lot of material on page 37 of the Ferguson documents ... why not just cite what you're referring to and back up your claims?

I am a member of this site participating in discussion on its forums; I would distinctly appreciate that you drop the name-calling and address factual matters in regard to what I post. Thank you.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join