It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC Ferguson protesters arrested en route to Thanksgiving Day Parade

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Looks like things escalated quickly. Can't some of these people just take a break and let families enjoy a day a peace?

The Thanksgiving Day Parade was barely under way when about half a dozen protesters were handcuffed Thursday morning after they ignored police officers and tried to march toward the parade route on Sixth Avenue.

People screaming, cops shouting...

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!

“There is no business as usual on Thanksgiving Day because there’s nothing to be thankful for while the cops are killing our children,” said Travis Morales, 62, who massed with about 100 protesters in front of the New York Public Library shortly before the arrests.

Now that is just sad and completely wrong. Just goes to show you the one track mentality that some of these protesters have. There are so many things to be thankful for and these people are letting their own emotions blind them to that fact.

Reporters are saying that protesters are "pumped up" due to the lack of arrests made in the last few days. I don't understand, lack of police response leads to more violence, increased police response leads to more violence. Anyone have a suggestion on how to deal with these barbarians?

May everybody have a peaceful Thanksgiving and if you do know anyone looking to cause trouble, please try and talk them out of it. At least for today. You can't solve violence with violence.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

Looks like things escalated quickly. Can't some of these people just take a break and let families enjoy a day ? Anyone have a suggestion on how to deal with these barbarians?

Well barbarians is certainly the right mental capacity for those wishing to continue the pointless drama.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
As usual these FOOLS will demand to have their voice heard anyway possible. They are endangering themselves and others who want nothing of their agenda.

1). NYPD should just drag them off and jail them for Public Stupidity.
2). Club them down like Baby Harp Seals
3). Charge them for a Parade permit.
4). Ask them what happened to their Al Sharpton parade Balloon

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
So, no concerns about their Constitutional rights to assemble and express themselves via their Constitutional rights to free speech?

So, the only time the Constitution matters is when we agree with what people are doing?

Why am I not surprised.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: scattergun
As usual these FOOLS will demand to have their voice heard anyway possible. They are endangering themselves and others who want nothing of their agenda.

I see you're in favor of a Totalitarian Police State then? Let's just forget the US Constitution?

Or does the Constitution just not apply to these folks? Are they not "real America" enough?

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Lil Drummerboy

Well barbarians is certainly the right mental capacity for those wishing to continue the pointless drama.

The sad thing is, some of these barbarians are the most vocal and most aggressive out of the bunch. There mental shortcomings cause them to run ahead of the pack, inciting violence and rousing members to follow their actions.

There is a simple science about rioting. Few want to cast the first stone, but after someone has, forget about it. Mob mentality sets in and it's hard to single any one person out to make an arrest.

On a positive note, the smaller and crazier the group, the easier it is to scoop them up like a lump of kittle litter. They are doing us a favor and removing themselves from the equation. To bad they have to spoil the moment in doing so.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
hahahahahaah

good. im glad theyre coming down on them, holiday or no
---------------

after they ignored police officers and tried to march toward the parade route on Sixth Avenue.

----------------

cant protest whenever and wherever you want.
its a big ole city. they didnt have to have their voice heard on 6th avenue during the parade...

guess theyre eating turkey in the can this year.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
So, no concerns about their Constitutional rights to assemble and express themselves via their Constitutional rights to free speech?

So, the only time the Constitution matters is when we agree with what people are doing?

Why am I not surprised.

They do have the right of free speech.
Free speech is talking.. not disturbing the rights of others

They do have the right to assemble, not to impede the assembly of others.

I have used my right of free speech here on ATS, I didn't impede or infringe your rights at all did I. Nor did I block the street in front of your house, throw fake Blood on your elected officials, toss rocks and bottles at cops. or loot and destroy business and public property...

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Why am I not surprised.

Police officers told the protesters they couldn’t turn around and the agitators started growing angry, leading some to start pushing against police barricades. At least 5 people were cuffed.

Since when is angry touchy feely protesting protected by our constitution? Should the officers have allowed them to pass through freely? What would that achieve?

edit on 27-11-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

If they were fighting for a cause you believed in they wouldnt be barbarians.

Ok, thanks, bye.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Why am I not surprised.

They do have the right of free speech.
Free speech is talking.. not disturbing the rights of others

They do have the right to assemble, not to impede the assembly of others.

I have used my right of free speech here on ATS, I didn't impede or infringe your rights at all did I. Nor did I block the street in front of your house, throw fake Blood on your elected officials, toss rocks and bottles at cops. or loot and destroy business and public property...

So, Constitutional rights exist as long as you agree with how they are exercised? Check.

So, in the agenda that you're speaking on behalf of here, all protests by American citizens are to be conflated with riotous and illegal behavior? Check.

So, "clubbing folks like baby seals" and jailing them for "public stupidity" is your idea of the rule of law and governmental non-interference? Check.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Why am I not surprised.

Police officers told the protesters they couldn’t turn around and the agitators started growing angry, leading some to start pushing against police barricades. At least 5 people were cuffed.

Since when is angry touchy feely protesting protected by our constitution? Should the officers have allowed them to pass through freely? What would that achieve?

So, Americans citizens should check with you to make sure their concerns are not "angry touchy feely" before they exercise their Constitutional rights?

Check.
edit on 10Thu, 27 Nov 2014 10:50:34 -060014p1020141166 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

If they were fighting for a cause you believed in they wouldnt be barbarians.

Ok, thanks, bye.

They're not "fighting for a cause", they're just fighting. Do you remember the original Ferguson riots? They are destroying for a cause. Ruining other peoples lives for a cause. And thanks to them, we may never be able to protest peacefully again. Do you even know the difference?

Don't try and tell me what I would do. I do not side with boneheads whether they're fighting for something I believe in or not. And the underlying cause has been officers abusing their power and using excessive force, which is a cause I do believe in. Somewhere the message got lost amongst all the violence and chaos. You won't find me apart of it.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I see you're in favor of a Totalitarian Police State then? Let's just forget the US Constitution?

Or does the Constitution just not apply to these folks? Are they not "real America" enough?

LOL, Yes I'm a supporter of the "Totalitarian Police State" as you call it when these FOOLS pull crap like this and disregard the Constitution.

Police officers need to keep the people safe. And yes when folks are committing criminal acts our laws will be enforced.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
When did protestor rights allow them to destroy other people's property and infringe on those people's rights also.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
When did protestor rights allow them to destroy other people's property and infringe on those people's rights also.

Excellent point! I just don't get why they're doing the way they are. In the 60's the best protests had a song! jeez guys grow up and put some brain effort into what you want us to listen to. Busting up Cities and hurting people just turn us off. More people listen to the message of a song than watch fools on the TV screaming at each other.

These protests mean nothing without support, and issues will never be solved through tearing stuff up.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

LOL, Yes I'm a supporter of the "Totalitarian Police State" as you call it when these FOOLS pull crap like this and disregard the Constitution.

Police officers need to keep the people safe. And yes when folks are committing criminal acts our laws will be enforced.

Right, so let's summarize your stated position here:

1. Totalitarianism and police state tactics are fine with you as long as they are directed at the right people.

2. Protests which depend on the Constitutional freedoms of speech and assembly are actually unconstitutional when exercised by the wrong people.

3. Opposition to government overreach, police state tactics, and the establishment of totalitarian interpretation of the law is only applicable when you agree politically with the espoused positions, but not when you disagree. Bring out the tear gas and dogs and water cannon if they aren't chanting the right rhetoric.

I see.

EDIT: Oh, forgot one

4. All protesters are really rioters destroying property and all rioters are equivalent to protesters exercising their civil rights.

Thank goodness you believe in truth, justice and the American Way!

/heave
edit on 11Thu, 27 Nov 2014 11:10:43 -060014p1120141166 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Why am I not surprised.

So, Americans citizens should check with you to make sure their concerns are not "angry touchy feely" before they exercise their Constitutional rights?

Check.

I'm not quite sure what you mean. They should be checking themselves to make sure their intentions remain peaceful. Angry is one thing, but there are no rights that allow them to destroy property and incite violence. What's the difference between protestors beating down an innocent person or police beating down an innocent protester?

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

The difference is that the rioters and the protesters are not automatically the same people, as you and others here keep trying to suggest.

Why do you want to conflate the issue? Why not refer to the acts of rioters as separate from the acts of protesters?

Unless, you really do see them as the same thing ...

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

people have a right to protest and have their voice heard.
that does not mean they have a right to protest wherever and whenever they want to.

you cant just decide youre gonna march and protest in the middle of the street or at the parade and get away with it cause its 'their right'

we have protests on various things in cleveland all the time...
permits need to be issued. theyre allowed to protest and have their voice in certain designated areas.
you cant just decide you want to protest and stand in the middle of public square disrupting everything else.

you dont seem to get that

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join