It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Telephone of Tomorrow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This article of 1956, about the future of phones is remarkable because virtually everything in it has come true. Worldwide Direct Touchtone Dialing, Transistorized Switching, Audio/Video data compression, Voice Recognition and rampant miniaturization.

blog.modernmechanix.com...

I remember about dreaming with this one from Space 1999 when I was a kid almost 40 years ago

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I like the plier add, i never imagine that thing was "new" at any point of history to be advertised

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I remember the space 1999 telephone. That looked so cool and futuristic back in the 1980's, that just about everything was that style. Even the early "luggable" computers: oldcomputers.net...

I've always been fascinated by this picture from the 1930's

They had the idea of 2010's mobile technology with headphones and a flat screen. Though the microphone and battery/electronics pack are more 1980's.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CosmicDude

I am thinking that at that time they had the technology...they just didn't share it with the public until 1983.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Gosh I do remember that young damsel in the photo. I forget her name now - something beginning with a "C". Such things do bring back memories - oh great, now you've gone and opened the floodgates!

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: CosmicDude

What a great article to have been brought up. I really enjoyed that, thanks for sharing!.

top topics

join