It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Benefits Britian all welcome

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
An average worker from Spain coming to Britain will see their weekly wage go up by nearly half compared to what they would earn at home. A worker from Poland can double their basic pay and new arrivals from Bulgaria will increase their pay by 250 per cent.

And who can blame those people who live in countries that have 0 chance of work or where the Government will only pay benefits for a year then stop , in some countries they even show them how to make the claims and what to ask for once they arrive here .

In Britain, a worker on the minimum wage would earn £196, 314 $ but that is increased by tax credits and other benefits to £527 $ 845 .

Tax credits were introduced by Gordon Brown to top up the incomes of low-earning families, particularly those with children. Families can claim up to £10,000 a year $ 15,966

Housing costs have shot up 50 % in the last 6 years because the market cannot supply the demand for housing in most areas , it has gone back to Victorian numbers living in homes in a lot of the country , with 12 people living in a 2 bedroom 150 sq m property to keep the cost of living down

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 24/11/2014 by douglas5 because: SPELLINGSSSS

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5
An average worker from Spain coming to Britain will see their weekly wage go up by nearly half compared to what they would earn at home. A worker from Poland can double their basic pay and new arrivals from Bulgaria will increase their pay by 250 per cent.

And who can blame those people who live in countries that have 0 chance of work or where the Government will only pay benefits for a year then stop , in some countries they even show them how to make the claims and what to ask for once they arrive here .

In Britain, a worker on the minimum wage would earn £196, 314 $ but that is increased by tax credits and other benefits to £527 $ 845 .

Tax credits were introduced by Gordon Brown to top up the incomes of low-earning families, particularly those with children. Families can claim up to £10,000 a year $ 15,966

Housing costs have shot up 50 % in the last 6 years because the market cannot supply the demand for housing in most areas , it has gone back to Victorian numbers living in homes in a lot of the country , with 12 people living in a 2 bedroom 150 sq m property to keep the cost of living down

www.dailymail.co.uk...

£527 ? Wrong

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

Douglas, there is a very real reason that we let people into Britain in such numbers.

It fuels the real estate market very well and makes their big houses keep going up in value.

The economy in general does BENEFIT. It is larger and has proved to make a general profit.

So in one sense you are right it is BENEFIT BRITAIN, but not in the way you suggest. Britain's economy really does BENEFIT from migrants.

Honestly, if you are looking to the poorest of the poor who have to rely on benefits and welfare as the cause of all your financial woes you are very mistaken. I know the government and media want you to have disdain and blame poor people because it is pointing the blame in the opposite direction away from those who are really accountable and you must surely know who that is.

Personally, I am not worried about migrants. I am more concerned about the recent very right wing backlash in the UK and how bigoted, played and silly people are and how they always fall for every manipulative trick thrown in their faces by the media.

All I can say is we are being squeezed at every angle in every which way. It is don't trust Muslims. If you see a middle eastern guy and you think he is suspicious report him. Hate those on welfare, they are no good cheaters and scavengers. Obese people are the scum of the earth. I am quoting here from The Media Bible. Disgusting and total mind games control talk.

Careful you don't get played and squeezed into some narrow minded trap of hatred for a particular group.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
The reason the country is in an economic mess is more to do with the mal practices of the banking and financing industry and the tax avoidance and evasion of the rich, but we are not meant to bash bankers or the rich, just the poor, the disabled and immigrants. Much easier targets for our ire. Fight amongst yourselves and let the real crooks off.
How many articles do the daily mail do on tax evasion by the rich or the practices of RBS that have destroyed hundreds of small businesses throughout the land. The labor rigging and foreign exchange manipulation
edit on 25-11-2014 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-11-2014 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
If I were a single mother I would get £1200 at least in benefits and with no pressure to find work or worry about bills. (That's more than I ever earned working full time on minimum wage)

But I'm with my partner and he works full time and I am struggling to find work that could fit around childcare. I used to work full time mainly evening work for 5 years but can't do that now as my partner works away most of the time and I have no family near me to look after my child.

I have done every benefit calculator on the planet and all we are entitled to is for me to go on contributions based job seekers allowance (£72 week) Which I was on for two months but they are not sympathetic people, a woman told me I'd have to apply for evening work or face seeing job seekers cut and they also wanted me to do this get back to work thing for a week (where am I going to put my baby? I was an assistant manager for a pizza restaurant, I'm not retarded or work shy I am willing to do any type of job)

We haven't got a penny, and I've reached the limit of my overdraft and the interest charges have brought it over. I don't have milk or bread, no washing powder, I'm on emergency electric/ gas on the meter. I do not splurge on anything and currently down to one pair of jeans.

If my partner just decided to stop working then we would have a warm house and food in the cupboards but we will not do that.

I can't even leave this country because I have been denied a passport due to my Danish mother not marrying my English father (If I was born before or after a certain year this rule would not apply and I have a British birth certificate and only speak English) Which is just another thing bringing me down as I can't get a provisional driving licence without a passport which would greatly expand my job prospects.

Sorry for the rant but when I see families who are on benefits talking on facebook about all the stuff they've bought their kids for christmas and how they've just had a nice new kitchen installed in their council houses for free....well I feel sick.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

It's to benefit corporations, pure and simple.

British people do seem to be waking up finally though.

I find the current resurgence in UKIP both interesting and amusing.

Evidently the immigrants are settling in the leafy suburbs and quaint little villages, and the locals don't like it. LOL

Nimbyism is alive and well and thriving in the UK.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyTrick

You'd get £1200? a week? a month?There is a limit now.

As for the anecdotal evidence of feeling sick that kids of people on benefits get gifts and presents
is one of the worst things I have read on this site.

You should reevaluate your life and try understand why is it you feel so sick? Sounds like you're almost jealous.

This is what happens when you read the daily Fail, or assume because some kid who's parents are on benefits got
a new computer game or mobile phone it was paid by YOUR tax right? not Grandparents, uncles, aunties, hell if it is paid by benefits,
the family won't be eating. Get it?

No different to an average sized gal looking at glossy magazines of posh spice and wishing she was a twig.

You're being played like a fiddle and you can't even hear the tune.
edit on 25/11/2014 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Hold your horses !

I was working picking up 350 a week !
Had my 4th kid , so had to move to a #ty area for the extra bedroom .
I had 3 months out of work since I left school some 20 odd years ago .
And I was amazed what everyone had who was on benefits round were I moved .
They was on about 250 a week tax credits free rent and council tax , free school meals , clothing grants , free dental care , free prescriptions , free stop smoking patches , free baby milk , free swimming lessons !
All added up I was getting about 20 pound a week more !
And I was getting up at 4;30 and on the late shift not seeing my kids for a week !

Who's the dumbass !

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyTrick
If I were a single mother I would get £1200 at least in benefits and with no pressure to find work or worry about bills. (That's more than I ever earned working full time on minimum wage)

But I'm with my partner and he works full time and I am struggling to find work that could fit around childcare. I used to work full time mainly evening work for 5 years but can't do that now as my partner works away most of the time and I have no family near me to look after my child.

I have done every benefit calculator on the planet and all we are entitled to is for me to go on contributions based job seekers allowance (£72 week) Which I was on for two months but they are not sympathetic people, a woman told me I'd have to apply for evening work or face seeing job seekers cut and they also wanted me to do this get back to work thing for a week (where am I going to put my baby? I was an assistant manager for a pizza restaurant, I'm not retarded or work shy I am willing to do any type of job)

We haven't got a penny, and I've reached the limit of my overdraft and the interest charges have brought it over. I don't have milk or bread, no washing powder, I'm on emergency electric/ gas on the meter. I do not splurge on anything and currently down to one pair of jeans.

If my partner just decided to stop working then we would have a warm house and food in the cupboards but we will not do that.

I can't even leave this country because I have been denied a passport due to my Danish mother not marrying my English father (If I was born before or after a certain year this rule would not apply and I have a British birth certificate and only speak English) Which is just another thing bringing me down as I can't get a provisional driving licence without a passport which would greatly expand my job prospects.

Sorry for the rant but when I see families who are on benefits talking on facebook about all the stuff they've bought their kids for christmas and how they've just had a nice new kitchen installed in their council houses for free....well I feel sick.

1200 quid?

£232 pm per child tax credit
£82 pm child benefit thats for the first child
£72pw income support

And as soon as you're child is 1 you do have to look for work

Dont take this the wrong way love but you have to be feckin mental to work in your case.

I dont want to hear well its better to work not in you're case love.

You do whats best for your child and if you are better off on the dole then go on the dole.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

Britain needs those migrants to help pay for the pension time bomb that will go off very shortly as the western world ages rapidly , the 15 people who were paying tax to support a pensioner are now retiring themselves and it is down to 3.5 people getting taxed .

They were needed as the locals will not work well for slave wages but on one hand you pay £ 100 ? or so a week tax but they give you back working tax credit / family allowance / housing benefit / council tax benefit

That is why they are loosing a £ 100 billion a year , and are still paying of interest from the Boer war and ww1 ,the new schools for all the new wage slaves were all supplied by private money with laptops that cost 3-400 in the store being leased to the school at a cost of £4000 over it's contract .

it is a false economy really where only the rich portfolio owners benefit

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyTrick

I am sorry to hear how hard up you are and off the struggle you are having , i have been there myself and know how hard it is sometimes ,

I work at a food kitchen sometimes my advice to you would be look for a food bank in your area respectable people with good cars and jobs are so do not be embarrassed by it and enquire about help with gas / electric from Charis Grants @charisgrants.com they have funds for people in need .

best of luck
LadyTrick

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
dp sorry
edit on 25/11/2014 by douglas5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

Sorry I forgot to put that would be £1200 a month at least. You are right I am jealous I won't deny that at all because I want to be able to spoil my child once in a while. I am in no way against children getting presents and I think you've got me completely wrong.

My rant was emotionally fueled as money issues are causing me great anxiety and sleepless nights at the moment. But I am not hateful to anyone on benefits, I say good on them. I feel sick that I am in a position where splitting up with my partner or my partner quitting work would mean we would be better off. Do you not think that is wrong/backwards?

I'll dig us out of this hole though everyone goes through hard times and I think life would be pretty dull if I ended up in a council house for the rest of my life.

"Calm sees make poor sailors"

edit on Wednesdayam261430Wed, 26 Nov 2014 04:45:23 -0600452014-11-26T04:45:23-06:00k by LadyTrick because: (no reason given)

edit on Wednesdayam261430Wed, 26 Nov 2014 05:07:38 -0600072014-11-26T05:07:38-06:00k by LadyTrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5
Tax credits were introduced by Gordon Brown to top up the incomes of low-earning families, particularly those with no
children. Families can claim up to £10,000 a year $ 15,966
www.dailymail.co.uk...

That is only the tip of the problem ....

# Then there is the demands being made on an increasingly broken NHS.

# Over subscribed schools where *English* is a foreign language, if spoken at all!

# The housing needs of those who have lived in this country all of their lives

being overlooked to the benefit of 'new' overseas settlers.

# And the hidden cost of 'translators' in all of these areas.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

It is not a level playing field we have if we go to another country we have to pay thousands to access the health service in most European countries and the same with interpreters , you are asked to pay for them , and try getting a £ 150.000 new home if you are not a local

new topics

top topics

join