It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US policy - number one driver of terrorism in the Mideast, around the world

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

These weapons?
Iraq

The United States recovered thousands of old chemical weapons in Iraq from 2004 to 2009 and destroyed almost all of them in secret and via open-air detonation, according to a written summary of its activities prepared by the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons, the international body that monitors implementation of the global chemical weapons treaty.

The 30-page summary, prepared after quietly held meetings between the organization’s technical staff and American officials in Washington in 2009, was provided to The New York Times by the Pentagon on Friday.

It included a table disclosing limited details on 95 separate recoveries and destructions of chemical warheads, shells or aviation bombs, for a total of 4,530 munitions from May 2004 through February 2009 — a period of often intense fighting in Iraq.

The United States later recovered more Iraqi chemical weapons, pushing its tally to 4,996 by early 2011, according to redacted intelligence documents obtained by The Times via the Freedom of Information Act.

RELATED COVERAGE
More Than 600 Reported Chemical Exposure in Iraq, Pentagon Acknowledges NOV 6, 2014
Q. and A.: Investigating Abandoned Chemical Weapons in Iraq OCT 27, 2014
The Secret Casualties of Iraq’s Abandoned Chemical Weapons OCT 14, 2014

You are welcome for our terrorist actions. Enjoy breathing awhile longer and good day sir.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

The operative word in that entire article is the word "Old". Those weapons were known about, accounted for and already dismantled before America went on it's path of destruction through there.

Im out of here, the amount of nonsense being spewed out by a few certain patriotic posters is too sickening for me to read any more.
edit on 24/11/2014 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

By all means provide your own poll. You asked for evidence I provided it. It's hilarious how you ignore what you do not like.

Blinders indeed. You obviously can not help but act like a child so I will be the grown up and ignore you.

Icing on the cake:

Where do the world’s migrants go?

The top destination for migrants may come as no surprise: The UN data show that the United States claims the top spot, with 45 million people born overseas.

www.theatlantic.com...

Bye.
edit on 24-11-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

You obviously can not help but act like a child so I will be the grown up and ignore you.

Is calling people who disagree with you "children" a common American thing to do? You aren't the only one that I've come across that resorts to ignorant insults when things don't go your way. I'm almost expecting a full-blown tantrum next....

Toodaloo. I'm gone. I won't be a part of this nonsense any further

edit on 24/11/2014 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blister

originally posted by: Thorneblood
a reply to: Blister

You seem to think Iranian or Russian media wouldn't lie to its readers or use the US as a convenient scapegoat.

Think what you want.

Most of the world ain't yankee, in thinking or desire.

You didn't read that properly. do YOU think the Iranian or Russian media wouldn't lie to its readers or use the US as a convenient scapegoat.

I'm not "yankee" and I most certainly not a blind supporter of US foreign policy. But the statement that everything in the world that goes wrong can be traced back to US foerign policy is utterly ridiculous. However that stance has to be followed the US haters otherwise they would need to think, observe, read and realise the majority of problems worldwide are cause by greed and blind faith. The most dangerous being greed coupled with blind faith.

Greed : all those companies run by billionaires from all countries (that includes russia and china and india DUH!) that corrupt individuals and governments to do their bidding.

Blind Faith : (the most topical at present being) Kill the non believers and when I die I will go to paradise with hundreds of virgin brides.

Both together : rich imams corrupting the minds of youthful followers to blindly lay down their lives to keep the cause ticking over which is creaming of millions from captured resources into the bank accounts of the people running the show (imams).

Unless you have never read a history book (or choose not to because of it's inconvenience to your twisted world view) you will find that history is full of these two causes of conflict and much of it long before the US even existed.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
America is going to be the most hated country around in our life time.

Going to be?

It already is.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I don't think you can lay all the ills at America's door simply because America has allies like the UK and other European countries.

However most of america's actions has been to hel; the ingtroduction of central banks into countries that didn't have them which puts a group of unelected bankers are the helm of arerica's forces and not the american people through their elected politicians. That's the problem that makes american's so unpopular.

To be honest it was an eye opener being a Brit to find out how many people hated the brits because of our government's foreign policies and the rape of resources that my government has tried to carry out - again on the behest of so few people, dictating policy using their pet puppet politicians and british tax payers money.

The OT is right in that we need to stop our countries armed forces being manipulated by this tiny group to grab power and financial gain which others see as coming directly back into american and british coffers - but we all know that is not the destination of what has been grabbed from abroad. Its what is done in our names that gets me and also how its done with utter ruthlessness.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

America is going to be the most hated country around in our life time.

Well hold on a second because Israel will always take that pride of place if it still exists so how about second place please.

Another 12 year old black kid was killed the other day by cops and many blacks now realize that they are little more than slaves in the country so I might agree that the USA is the worlds most hated state by it's own people who are all watched and treated as terrorists.

Time for the USA to be kicked out of Europe, we don't want or need them over here, nothing but trouble they are.
edit on 24-11-2014 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

That is an OUTRIGHT LIE.

The simple FACT the number 1 driver of terrorism is Saudi Arabia, and Iran.

ISLAM that has two sects within it vying for regional/world dominance. Sunni/Shia.

The mid east has been the same snip different day for over 2000 years.

The US has been around less that 3 centuries.

But hey who cares about WORLD HISTORY there right.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

That is an OUTRIGHT LIE.

The simple FACT the number 1 driver of terrorism is Saudi Arabia, and Iran.

ISLAM that has two sects within it vying for regional/world dominance. Sunni/Shia.

The mid east has been the same snip different day for over 2000 years.

The US has been around less that 3 centuries.

But hey who cares about WORLD HISTORY there right.

neo69, its good that you care about history. Kudos for your idealistic view of America, but your perspective is a bit naive. The US has supported terrorist states and terrorist groups from the post WWII era. The US supported and protected murderous dictators such as Pinochet, Qaddafi, Saddam Hussein and Hosni Mubarak, in conflict with America's value system of democratic principles. Our government ostensibly supports democracy in America but not in the third world.

This duplicity took a dramatic turn in the two front war of Iraq and Afghanistan. It caused widespread suffering and death for millions of innocent people. It set in motion a historical chain of events that catapulted the Middle East into a conflagration of anger and hatred toward western hypocrisy. Western governments also have benefited from the threat of terrorism. It has increased government authority by allowing them to use public fear to usurp the rights of their own people. We've willingly handed off our freedoms for an alleged security - only to find that our government was 'secretly' accruing a vast database of American profiles. Study the infrastructure of the KGB's central national intelligence database and that of other security states, you'll see the pattern we now know exists in America thanks to Mr Snowden's treason.

Have you ever read the Patriot Act? Its a legal instrument that effectively nullifies the Constitution and Bill of Rights. In the event of a presidential state of emergency declaration and/or Martial Law, the president becomes your dictator. The Pentagon becomes your police force and justice is administered not by civilian courts bound by strict rules of evidence and human rights, but by military tribunals. Let's not forget the tribunals that kept enemies of the US incarcerated at Guantanamo for years without evidence or due process. These people were released due to political pressure and lack of evidence.

If you're interested in history, great, take a closer look at the larger picture before diverting blame to others. Arab society is reacting to unmitigated and unprovoked annihilation of their nations, economies and families. Every fanatic on the planet will use the American hypocrisy as an excuse to behead anyone in their path. The greed and destruction perpetrated by the western war machine has gone much too far and I think at this point the agendas and deceptions are so arrogantly exposed, one should be compelled to define his own humanity and say, "this is who I am".

edit on 24-11-2014 by Gianfar because: grammar, arraingement, and context.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   

The operative word in that entire article is the word "Old". Those weapons were known about, accounted for and already dismantled before America went on it's path of destruction through there.

And yet they were still in Iraq, where you say they weren't...Imagine that?

Im out of here, the amount of nonsense being spewed out by a few certain patriotic posters is too sickening for me to read any more.

SO you just came here to bash the US and when called out about your claims you run home and complain because the mean people who support the US don't like your posts that you can't back up...amazing.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

And yet they were still in Iraq, where you say they weren't...Imagine that?

The UN knew about them, had already inspected them and had deemed them inoperative.

Imagine that.

SO you just came here to bash the US and when called out about your claims you run home and complain because the mean people who support the US don't like your posts that you can't back up...amazing.

I wasn't "called out" on anything mate, my statements can be backed up with FACT not flag-waving patriotism.

Amazing. Much Wow.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gianfar
The US supported and protected murderous dictators such as Pinochet, Qaddafi, Saddam Hussein and Hosni Mubarak, in conflict with America's value system of democratic principles. Our government ostensibly supports democracy in America but not in the third world.

And when the US does support democracy in the third world it's blamed for imperialist cultural intervention.

And when the US gives up on its dictators and supports their opposition, like Qaddafi, Saddam and Mubarak, the US gets blamed for every bad thing which comes later. (When did the USSR give up on Castro or Communist Poland and support a popular revolution promising to install democracy? Sometime about never.)

And when the Chinese ALWAYS support dictators without any pretense as long as it's financially profitable for them, and have authoritarian one-party rule with no political freedom at home, they get a free pass.

And when Russia/USSR can't even imagine of ever supporting the pretense democracy unless it's a sham to undermine Western values, they're somehow praised as standing up for something or other noble ideal contrary to every observable fact.

This is a great example of a bizzare acceptance of the "manifest destiny America" idea---that only the US has agency, will, actions and moral responsibility, and everybody else are robotic amoebas only acting in stimulus-response to the US and hence without responsibility.

Nyet!

In reality, 99% of what goes down in any country is a consequence of its own domestic politics and choices and culture of people there. Outsiders have much less influence than supposed.

If you're interested in history, great, take a closer look at the larger picture before diverting blame to others. Arab society is reacting to unmitigated and unprovoked annihilation of their nations, economies and families.

Unprovoked?

Arab nations exist today because of the money and blood of the U.K. and France who liberated them from Ottoman occupation.

More recently, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia wasn't looted to the sand and turned into a slave colony for Saddam, thanks to USA's will and power and Saudi jet fuel.

edit on 25-11-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

originally posted by: Gianfar
The US supported and protected murderous dictators such as Pinochet, Qaddafi, Saddam Hussein and Hosni Mubarak, in conflict with America's value system of democratic principles. Our government ostensibly supports democracy in America but not in the third world.

And when the US does support democracy in the third world it's blamed for imperialist cultural intervention.

And when the US gives up on its dictators and supports their opposition, like Qaddafi, Saddam and Mubarak, the US gets blamed for every bad thing which comes later. (When did the USSR give up on Castro or Communist Poland and support a popular revolution promising to install democracy? Sometime about never.)

And when the Chinese ALWAYS support dictators without any pretense as long as it's financially profitable for them, and have authoritarian one-party rule with no political freedom at home, they get a free pass.

And when Russia/USSR can't even imagine of ever supporting the pretense democracy unless it's a sham to undermine Western values, they're somehow praised as standing up for something or other noble ideal contrary to every observable fact.

This is a great example of a bizzare acceptance of the "manifest destiny America" idea---that only the US has agency, will, actions and moral responsibility, and everybody else are robotic amoebas only acting in stimulus-response to the US and hence without responsibility.

Nyet!

In reality, 99% of what goes down in any country is a consequence of its own domestic politics and choices and culture of people there. Outsiders have much less influence than supposed.

If you're interested in history, great, take a closer look at the larger picture before diverting blame to others. Arab society is reacting to unmitigated and unprovoked annihilation of their nations, economies and families.

Unprovoked?

Arab nations exist today because of the money and blood of the U.K. and France who liberated them from Ottoman occupation.

More recently, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia wasn't looted to the sand and turned into a slave colony for Saddam, thanks to USA's will and power and Saudi jet fuel.

Sorry, I didn't understand exactly what your concise point was.

BTW, the Europeans didn't 'liberate' the Arabs from the Ottoman empire. They broke up the empire to make Arabs vulnerable western exploitation. They divided the empire into states that would adopt individual governments and ideologies, so that they could be controlled by western economics. The Arab Spring arose out of resentment toward governments that were beholden to Washington for their power.
edit on 25-11-2014 by Gianfar because: grammar, arraingement

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Excellent thread, and it is a very sad truth today that the US government may very well be the largest purveyor of terror in the world.

I just finished Jeremy Scahill's documentary "Dirty Wars", and I am not happy about what the government I served in the US Army has become.

Cynical as hell, but it seems many "terrorists" actually wear business suits with American flag lapel pins.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Salander
Excellent thread, and it is a very sad truth today that the US government may very well be the largest purveyor of terror in the world.

I just finished Jeremy Scahill's documentary "Dirty Wars", and I am not happy about what the government I served in the US Army has become.

Cynical as hell, but it seems many "terrorists" actually wear business suits with American flag lapel pins.

Scahill's documentary and the book by the same name are well researched. Seymour Hersch (IE the My Lai Massacre) more recently wrote about how the US govt. supports terrorist groups, even as Pakistani intelligence has for decades. There was a good interview about 5 years ago on NPR in which he explained how the CIA was raising Salafi extremist groups (Sunni) in Lebanon to be used against the Hezbollah (Shiia), who are anti-American/Israeli. So, when you hear the US news media critical of Pakistani duality in the war on terror, you can scoff at the counter intelligence used to distract you from the hypocrisy. You can be certain that much of the anti-Democratic happening in the world is the result of Western agendas aspiring to control regional politics and economy.

Also found some reports regarding an incident involving two SAS operatives arrested by Iraqi security agents in Basra in Sept '2005', apparently dressed as Arabs, brandishing weapons and explosives in an unmarked car. The speculation was that they were conspiring to have Shiite mosques blown up as provocateurs to further incite sectarian conflict as the war became increasingly unpopular. In the context of this incident, journalist Robert Fisk in an article on September 27 (The Independent) correlated how the SAS in the course of fighting against IRA (Irish Republican Army) terrorism, went about the countryside conducting assassinations to stir up sectarian conflicts between Protestants and Catholics, using the chaos of murder as a means of control.

As the West has become more aggressive in fanning the fires of revolution and resentment for its own benefit the Jihadists in turn have adjusted by ramping up the violence and the puritanical ideology. The situation has become a regional threat to oil on various levels. If the west cannot contain the new Jihadist frenzy (which they alone have caused), it could spread far and fast enough to threaten Saudi and Iraqi oil prices. The world's petroleum economy could be directly threatened with annihilation, and this would inevitably lead to a convergence of the superpowers' militaries.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join