It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things people get wrong all the time!!!

page: 1

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
1. " I think GMO's should be labeled " is NOT " I think science has no business in crops and could never be beneficial. "
- I believe in labeling foods so us consumers know what we are buying, regardless if GMO have been proven good or bad - The NLBS talks about GMO being generally safe - I don't care if it's safe, I want it labeled.

2. Average citizens of America whom are democrat/republican, liberal/conservative are NOTHING like the people in charge. The average republican doesn't want billionaires to become richer and the average democrat does not want this nation to become a communist nation - Stop generalizing.

3. Equality also means accepting christians/straights/whites/males JUST AS MUCH as anyone else. We are trying to move in a forward direction but demonizing certain social classes, ethnicity, religions is going to get us no where, it just created more contention. No need to celebrate a specific ethnicity, or sexuality, no need to claim atheism or agnosticism to be superior in any way - Equality is equality, and shouldn't be selective.

4. STOP telling people that if they don't vote, they don't deserve a voice/shouldn't complain, or that they could have made a difference but that it's their fault they did not... There's WAY too much proof showing voting is rigged, and that everyone that gets presented to us are corrupt and just another evil.

5. Being right about one thing does not make another person wrong about a different thing - Often people try to "one-up" other people by presenting facts that may be similar, or have to do with a certain topic, but doesn't actually prove the OP wrong. I don't get why people have to act all macho and king supreme online, but this is really dumb.

Anyways.. That's just a few things that bother me!

Cheers ATS-

Deadlyhope

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Good rant!, with ya on all the facts, the last on your list rang a bell with me, some people get brave when theres a keyboard and screen infront of them. S&F.a reply to: deadlyhope

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I will agree to disagree on #2.

What you say is correct to a degree... But in American politics and to a lesser degree, the same can be said for other "democratic" elections, pigeon-holing yourself into a "party" means you tow the "party" line.

You can't be apart of Group A and want what Group B wants... You see it all the time.
If you do so, you are told to go make Group C and get the hell out of Group A.

This is how modern western democracy works.
The system as a whole is flawed, and not to our benefit.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Sovaka

People vote for politicians based on more common ideas, like Gay rights, abortion, separation of church and state, gun rights, legalizing different drugs or marijuana, and vote for, and may identify with a group, but I live in Utah in a very republican/conservative area and I don't know anyone who roots for monopolies, tax cuts for the rich, and profiting from wars - Just my personal example

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

I agree with all but 4. I didn't Vote for a couple of years, but I'm Voting again, and I'm voting for 3rd Parties that aren't on the take (yet, and when they are I hope there is someone else to Vote for that is not). By Voting for The Independent Party in Massachusetts they are now an Official Party and must be included in Debates, which was not the case in the past election.

Kim Jong Un is "No Voting", want that? Better to Vote for the lesser evil and may like the idea of"Pubic Vote Counting" can happen.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

In a different way I agree - I think it's important to vote locally, because I don't believe for the average city, things are bound to be as rigged, and against the people - I just think voting on the national level doesn't mean a thing, with such low voting turnout - Or what we are told is low voting turnout, they can play with numbers all they want. For all we know, Romney won 90% the last election ( Not likely ) I definitely don't think true numbers are shown, though, nor, no offense, that your third party vote shows up - A third party makes us feel at ease, but is it really something that should, when even if they were voted in by numbers and ballots, the media would likely rig it and report it incorrectly?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I don't get why people have to act all macho and king supreme online

because if they dont cass sunstein will cutoff their cognitive infilitration checks.

and take away their proxy software.

and then they have to move back into moms basement...and get a real job...

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I agree with #3 in spirit but not in practice as the way you phrased it basically says "us straight Christian white males are tired of hearing you uppity minorities and atheists talk #".

The best way to not get demonized is to not demonize others. If straight Christian white males didn't want to be demonized they shouldn't have been such assholes. You can say " that's not me " but how about you rein in your brethren and teach them tolerance. There can't be nobody in that demographic doing anything wrong, because it happens.

So much like how Americans say that moderate Muslims should rein in the extremist Muslims, the moderate straight Christian white males need to rein in the extremist ones.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

There's extremist everywhere. People of all ethnicity racist against people of all different ethnicity. Extreme asshole atheists that cram their beliefs down everyone's throat. There's a lot of white christian people in the USA, and sure, a lot are jerks, but so are people from every other group.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
We're only using like 10% of our brain capacity.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Wow this is one rant I agree with (mostly). I don't see why equality doesn't apply to Christians. And the ones in charge aren't true democrats or republicans, they're just tools lol. S + F

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Well yeah, everyone up top is corrupt, but often the different sides will force different things down our throats/control us in different ways, and these tactics don't apply to every day citizens, that is my point

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I found number three to be very true.

I am a supporter of Gay Rights and Abortion Rights, but I don't actively support the gay lifestyle and am opposed to people getting abortions. I also support the legalization of a certain substance even though I myself have never used it nor do I plan to start. On the other side I am a strong supporter of Christians simply because they are so vilified in todays world and because I have more in common with your average Christian than I do with your average atheist.

I can be for the right for someone to do or have something despite being against that thing in my personal life. All human beings have a right to exist and to their own happiness. I can agree to disagree and still let my fellow humans have a happy life doing what makes them happy.
edit on 2014/11/24 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Yeah, words like tolerance and acceptance come to mind. You don't have to participate in things you don't agree with, you don't have to fight for things you aren't passionate about, but you should accept other people that have good character in general I think.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

It's the old wrong-polarization hype thing.

When you want 'controlled opposition', you raise a bogus threat, and make everyone argue about that, so no one focuses on the real threat.

Global warming? How about friggin' POLLUTION? How about starvation? Wars? The very existence of standing armies? Ever-expanding garbage dumps? No one knowing how to raise kids or dogs properly? The very existence of predators and carnivores as PETS, while eating peaceful animals for food?

No, we just talk about 'global warming', because that's obviously the only thing that could be wrong about this world, and the exhaustion fumes. No health risks from the pollution, no radiation from the nuclear plants, etc.. just polarize that, and everything will be fine. They will discuss endlessly whether global warming even exists or not, and so on.

The other example is of course the Large Hydron Collider, or whatever it's called. They only talk about the black hole issue, and nothing else. No one cares about a huge supercomputer build for probably sinister purposes to help control the sheeple of the world (they didn't build it for fun, and with THAT much money, there has GOT to be a deeper purpose than finding some friggin' boson that most people don't even understand anything about, especially when so many millions are starving (even to death)). No one wants to investigate it further.

I was in a presentation, in which someone talked about there being a huge supercomputer in France in the future (this was in the nineties), that would store everyone's all data, and then process it, and it would be linked to the microchips that would control everyone, and so on. I didn't believe that back then, but now that the supercomputer has been built, I have to wonder a bit.

They have _HUGE_ amounts of space in their harddrives (why do they need that much? Informational data is text, and text doesn't take up much HD space), incredibly big networks of big harddrives.

There's also the issue that a regular human being on the planet can only dream of such equipment, and yet, this project just gives it to certain elite people. What the heck? ARE WE ALL EQUAL?

But no, black holes are all we talk about.

Just a couple of examples this time .. but I am sure it's easy to figure out more. They always control every debate by presenting some heated issue that the whole battle focuses on, and the actual truth or the deeper issues get buried.

The wrong polarization.. a powerful, and a typical tool.

top topics

join