It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New expedition climbs into mysterious Siberian crater

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
In Montreal, this week, there was an article in the newspaper about this hole, saying it was 70 meters deep with a diameter of 30 meters, and that it was a methane pocket that exploded.

The date of publication of the article is of this last Tuesday, the 18th.
edit on 21-11-2014 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: NowanKenubi

Come on man your a member here long enough...
How about putting up a link for us?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

I'll try to find one, otherwise, I'll scan the article and post it.

Here's a link showing a portion of the article but we need to pay to access it... www.journaldemontreal.com... :/

Reading back the article I have on print, they say it is a hypothesis, but they also say Russian scientists measured, in the hole, a level of methane one million times superior to normal air.

I don't think I can publish a scan or pic of the article, seeing it needs to be paid to be seen online...
Though I paid the paper version that you can read freely in restaurants... go figure...

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: NowanKenubi

I think methane is the most likely explaination, and it makes sense in every way.

I've watched an unrelated video yesterday dealing with methane concentrations in the atmosphere and the levels are mind blowing. Who knows how much of this stuff will be released in the near future from regions that used to be frozen for millennia.
edit on 22-11-2014 by H1ght3chHippie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
This is a methane gas crater. The gas exspanded due to temperatures that rose in the area. The exspansion caused the ground to swell until it popped, The gas then belched and escaped into the air. All that methane gas being released into the air is definately NOT GOOD AT ALL on the planet and global warming. This only makes things worse. Like on that one video where methane gas burped up from that lake and the wind blew it to the farmers and all the people and livestock died in the area. I wonder where this methane burp went to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join