It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeb Bush champions US education reform ahead of 2016

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

Ex-president George W. Bush’s younger brother Jeb, who is mulling a 2016 White House run, on Thursday called for a revolution in the US education system, decrying the glacial pace of reform.

The former governor of Florida has emerged over the past year as a leader of substance as the Republican Party navigates contentious issues like immigration, gay marriage and abortion.

He has spoken out about education often since leaving the governor’s mansion in 2007, and he was pushing the issue into the spotlight again in Washington.

“This is a civil right crisis in every sense of the term, because when schools fail our kids, we deny them more than an education. We deny them their right to their potential,” Bush said at the annual summit of the Foundation for Excellence in Education.

At least Jeb has a plan and semi platform, other than "I'm not Obama" to make a run for the whitehouse.
I doubt if I could support more of the Bush dynasty as their propensity to get us into never ending wars for the neocons; has
me apprehensive to say the least.

“Doors close to them. They become stuck in a world that none of us would choose for our own children.”

Bush noted that while school integration took root in the 1960s, the vestiges of inequality linger, highlighted by pronounced gaps in test scores between black and Hispanic students on one hand and white students on the other.

“If we let kids struggle, if we herd them into failing schools, how can we expect young people to grasp the first rungs of opportunity?” he asked.

“Education reform is about renewing this great country, it’s about protecting and promoting the essential right to rise.”

I wonder how the Tparty and extreme right Christian GOP faction feels about a Jeb Bush. Not good I'll wager!!
However a moderate might be the only alternative if the Republicans want to take back the whitehouse.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
NO MORE BUSHES!!

I don't care if he's got a halo around his head, he 'delivered' Florida to his idiot brother in 2000 and the entire family is corrupt to the core, always has been.

If you want a better education for your child, completely eschew the public school systems and home school them. The internet is the convenient equivalent of every library in the world, and everything from beginning reading to MIT courses are available for free on line.

Warehousing children in groups of 30, all going at the speed of the slowest kid in the class being 'taught' mostly useless stuff and history that never happened hasn't worked since 1880.

There's no reason a bright child couldn't have the equivalent of a PhD by age 15 given the internet's possibilities, and the not-so-bright will never learn more than a modicum so why bother?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Here comes JEB !!!!

Get ready.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Here comes JEB !!!!

Get ready.

That's what it looks like....

At least he hasn't pissed off the female voters and he can speak Spanish. That should help in his efforts but he's so dull.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Obama has set a precedent of ruling from the office and now here comes the Bush dynasty. You can plainly see how we have two parties serving one master plan. Just no.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: xuenchen
Here comes JEB !!!!

Get ready.

That's what it looks like....

At least he hasn't pissed off the female voters and he can speak Spanish. That should help in his efforts but he's so dull.

And extremely boring.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I keep thinking that in the 2016 election...Jeb Bush may be running against Hilary Clinton.

Would anyone vote?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
And the USA was formed to get away from being ruled by a aristocracy

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Oh goody. What does he propose? We've had "No Child Left Behind" and "Common Core." Apparently those programs haven't worked out so well. But, I guess he's got the magic bullet...

The biggest problem I can see with public education is the lack of parental involvement. I never missed a parent-teacher conference for my daughter in 12 years of public school. My mother did the same exact thing. It was typical to hear the teachers say that it was nice for us to come in, but they never saw any of the parents that they needed to see.

In order to insure the success of the educational process, parents need to be involved. They need to be there to make sure their children have any resources they need, including help with homework, and encouragement if necessary.

I think the public school process has a place in our society. If for no other reason that the fact that it has been deeply integrated into our culture and civilization. And all parents aren't capable of home-schooling their kids.

Private schools generally provide a better education than public schools. So, in that regard I support the school-voucher program. I see no reason to waste a "superior mind" by forcing a student to remain in a class that has to progress at a rate appropriate for the slowest student.

dex

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Two sides of the same # coin.

It really doesn't matter who becomes president. History proves they are all working for the same boss as they are all pushing toward the same goals just using different tactics.

Why people take good time out of their day to go play in this parade amazes me.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Why even bother with school. Anyone that wants to learn has the interwebs at their disposal...that's enough!

Most don't care about knowing anything as this video perfectly illustrates....

www.youtube.com...

edit on 21-11-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join