It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans: How Drunk Is Your State? Find Out!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
As someone in Maine,
I resemble that remark...

*hic* F YOU BUDDY

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Have you been to Maine? It's a blue collar state for sure. Hard workers. Mining, manufacturing, fishing, farming, etc. Hard workers tend to be hard drinkers. Oh, and it's the Maritimes so, what do you expect?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikeone718

originally posted by: CallmeRaskolnikov
new york is about where i'd expect it to be...pretty red. actually a little surprised that it's not more red. considering how NYC is like 50% drinking establishments. lol

I can't disagree with that. I have at least two glasses of wine with dinner most of the week.

haha, nice

im a pinot noir or cab sav fan myself. unless it's winter, than i like to indulge in some nice ruby port wine mmmmmmm

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikeone718

new york is about where i'd expect it to be...pretty red. actually a little surprised that it's not more red. considering how NYC is like 50% drinking establishments. lol

I can't disagree with that. I have at least two glasses of wine with dinner most of the week.

haha, nice

im a pinot noir or cab sav fan myself. unless it's winter, than i like to indulge in some nice ruby port wine mmmmmmm

Just reading your post has given me a hangover!

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Rum to the floor, lads...

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I see Alaska is a red state.

I fully agree with that!

Booze is considered a necessity there, and when you have to have emergency shipments sent places, usually alcohol is one of those emergency items.

Being an Alaskan, I had to leave the state to dry out...lol
Way too much partying goes on up there!

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
Hi Heff,

I am an Aussie so I can't really comment on States in the US.

However I am very good at picking up on patterns and I have discerned a pattern, a very unexpected one.

Bear with me here.

Look at your map and consider CANADA.

Alaska borders Canada. Alaska is full of drunks.

On the western side you see Canadian influence of drunkenness coming down in two evil waves to infect the US.

It eases off a little in the middle, but not much and returns with a vengeance on the Eastern side around the great lakes.

It is like a drunken plague emanating from the North.

Beware the Canadians, they supplied you in the prohibition years where their evil empire had there roots.

I think it is a prelude to invasion.

BEWARE CANADA. They have a long term plan.

P

This was exactly my though... Blame Canada! and as a Canadian it makes sense to me

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: igloo

originally posted by: pheonix358
Hi Heff,

I am an Aussie so I can't really comment on States in the US.

However I am very good at picking up on patterns and I have discerned a pattern, a very unexpected one.

Bear with me here.

Look at your map and consider CANADA.

Alaska borders Canada. Alaska is full of drunks.

On the western side you see Canadian influence of drunkenness coming down in two evil waves to infect the US.

It eases off a little in the middle, but not much and returns with a vengeance on the Eastern side around the great lakes.

It is like a drunken plague emanating from the North.

Beware the Canadians, they supplied you in the prohibition years where their evil empire had there roots.

I think it is a prelude to invasion.

BEWARE CANADA. They have a long term plan.

P

This was exactly my though... Blame Canada! and as a Canadian it makes sense to me

Just sayin.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I'm not sure they have Texas quite right.

I drink. All of my pals drink. Most of my family drinks. Every time I go out and eat, I see drinking. I'm not talking slobbering piss-drunk or anything, but beer is everywhere. Hell, Texas invented the 99 pack.

Damn.... This makes me want a beer. Gonna have to drink the state red. It's a contest now.

Hehe.
Boba

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I can honestly vouch that when I drank and lived in Oregon and Washington States their rank skyrocketed.

Been a few 24s now

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh

Damn.... This makes me want a beer. Gonna have to drink the state red. It's a contest now.

Hehe.
Boba

...Beer? What is this, the 12th century?

Noobs, no wonder your state isn't red

(note- alcohol is poison, you shouldn't drink it... do as I say, not as I do, etc)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
( do as I say, not as I do, etc)

Dad. Where have you been all these years.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
#hic#

Ya ferget CanaDA eh?

I remember when...&$*#&@()@

Aw crap...Where;s my squirrel////A$$!!!!

JuDDEEE1

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Not shocked about the North or Northwest being pretty red, being loosely known for it. Such as that it that seems that colder climates throughout the year, people apparently opt for more alcohol or does it have something to do with depression, or rainy day depression and possible the relation to alcoholism. ID probably didn't rate up there with Montana or Wyoming but closer to Utah likely due to Mormanism, but can surely say there's plenty of use-age in the state.

Being an ex Floridian can see why FL would rate higher than the other states in the area, but figured more so for there and the others. Warmer climates, perhaps more work on average, less time for recreational alcohol use and less use in conjunction with "depression"-sorry not sure of the term for it- drinking.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Hey now, us folk in Michigan may be pretty drunk all the time... No, I don't have anything further to add to that statement.

Actually, we just discovered that the Costco in Green Bay sells Kirkland (the Coscto brand) liquors. We liberated plenty of vodka from the Cheeseheads. It was $14 for a handle (1.75 L) and is smooth, no burn, and great tasting even straight, no chaser. Best vodka I've ever had. Going back to try the whisky and tequila soon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join