It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad news for women, or not ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
High heels may enhance a man’s instinct to be helpful

If it’s help a woman needs, maybe she should wear high heels. That’s the message from Nicolas Guéguen of the Université de Bretagne-Sud in France, after he observed how helpful men are towards women in high heels versus those wearing flat, sensible shoes. The study, published in Springer’s journal Archives of Sexual Behavior, is the first ever to investigate how the height of a woman’s shoe heel influences how men behave towards her.

Source

So is that bad or good news for you ladies ?

If you`re an independent woman, you don`t need to wear them and it can be handy to know when it`s useful, but on the other hand, it proofs once again how much men react to physical attributes of women. And to me they don`t look that comfortable to wear.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
well as a man i can say i have never felt the impulse to help a women in high heels, there is something incredibly erotic in a pair of high heels and a skirt if done right, and that's where my interest ends, other than that, if you wear them, you should manage to do stuff in them.

As for "how much men react to physical attributes of women" a study was done a few years back showing that women have an aroused-like response to hearing the rumble of a powerful sports car, i will find the link to that study if necessary.
We are all animals, reacting to basic animal like things and impulses, we just think we are better because we bury our basic impulses under a sea of fabricated sophistication

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

Yeah if we had a stronger smelling sense we would not care so much for looks but for smells, as vision is our main sense we pick what we see as a good mating partner, which actually change depending on culture, south American native prefer fat woman, they look healthier to them and what western cultures think is attractive they see as sick skinny women.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

As for "how much men react to physical attributes of women" a study was done a few years back showing that women have an aroused-like response to hearing the rumble of a powerful sports car, i will find the link to that study if necessary.

Now that`s funny !

I believe you, no need to search it for me.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Well, I feel very vulnerable and handicapped in high heels. I can't run, I can't do correct karate kicks, hell, I can barely get down stairs safely.

I wonder if on some subconscious level, men pick up on that vulnerable state (that the woman has willingly chosen to be in) as a sign she is open to receiving input and cooperative gestures coming her way?

Look how much it makes us look like prey- like gazelles, or deer.....

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Well, I feel very vulnerable and handicapped in high heels. I can't run, I can't do correct karate kicks, hell, I can barely get down stairs safely.

Hey i cant do neither, because i'm fat.Somehow i don't think fat ladies are considered sexy but they also looks like prey...So i would think your theory is incorrect

Wiki says this

change the angle of the foot with respect to the lower leg, which accentuates the appearance of calves;
change the wearer's posture, requiring a more upright carriage and altering the gait in what is considered a seductive fashion;
make the wearer appear taller;
make the legs appear longer;
make the foot appear smaller;
make the toes appear shorter;
make the arches of the feet higher and better defined;

High-heeled footwear

Personally and being totally political incorrect i think it makes the ass look better

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
From my own personal experience if I am wearing a skirt and flip-flops guys will offer to help me load things into my car in a store parking lot but if I am wearing pants they will not. So you don't really even need the high-heeled shoes- just a skirt. ; )

Sal

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

That`s a good insight, and you could be on to something.

edit on 20 11 2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

Hey i cant do neither, because i'm fat.Somehow i don't think fat ladies are considered sexy but they also looks like prey...So i would think your theory is incorrect

People don't feel drawn to help fat people? Where I am they do. It seems obvious they are challenged in that state, and vulnerable. Whereas putting on high heels and making oneself handicapped on purpose for a day or a night, is somewhat of a disclosure on their intents that day.

No doubt they make a woman more attractive though. But sexual attraction is the only reason a man would help a stranger???

I don't know, some sexy women seem to intimidate men and they don't dare offer aid, for fear of insulting her.

I am not convinced yet that aid is only offered because of sexual attraction based on the physical appearence.

I am suspicious of more than one factor at play here.....

But maybe I just need to hear more argumentation on that hypothesis.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

I know men like round shapes because bottoms of apes are round (evolution). That also explains the fascination of round breasts, a round tummy, etc., and most men I have spoken to don`t care that much about some love handles either.

I would think you have enough roundness on you to be also attractive to at least some men.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

This is awkward but im a man, i just said i cant run do karate kicks and on.

Hey but you are right i bet some men would found me attractive too

Lol
edit on 20-11-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-11-2014 by Indigent because: To hard to focus lol so much

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Hey but you are right i bet some men would found me attractive too

I`m sure, we have gay TV show host who`s also not slim and has relationships too.

LMAO !

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

To give you some hope, you could also try to get rich :

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
High heels are pretty disgusting in my book. I wouldn't call them something attractive.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

I have several pairs of high-heels; but have not worn them for quite some time. I have a very casual lifestyle now; and also I am tall (5'10")...so I figure (too) that I am tall enough and don't need the extra height.

I am very independent and don't rely on others to take care of me; so I guess...I am good to go.

However...I can understand the high-heel thing regarding men...to many men they are sexy...and they want a reason to be close to the woman who is wearing them; soooo.....a damsel in distress is a perfect moment for them.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I often wonder why the modern female puts herself through such torture as high heels, makeup, bras, waxing, plucking, shaving, etc. Men came up with all of these things, from what I've read. I understand the innate need in both genders to attract the opposite sex, but who's the dork that decided women needed to torture themselves to be attractive?

Personally, I think this guy needs to go back and redo the study, because I'm not buying it. Of course, it's just my opinion, but I think guys will help a lady out whether she's wearing heels or not.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I used to live in high heels. LOL Now with my back issues, no way!!!!!! I still get help from men though.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
well as a man i can say i have never felt the impulse to help a women in high heels, there is something incredibly erotic in a pair of high heels and a skirt if done right, and that's where my interest ends, other than that, if you wear them, you should manage to do stuff in them.

We are all animals, reacting to basic animal like things and impulses, we just think we are better because we bury our basic impulses under a sea of fabricated sophistication

I can vouch for being turned on by the sound of a powerful sportscar engine, but I am even more turned on when I am driving one.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

eheh and i get curious when i hear the sound of heels, as for turned on, well i need to see who is wearing them first.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
high heels do nothing for me but personally I do prefer large women.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join