It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence of conspriacy against Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Tonight I'm driving home from work and I hear on the radio that Russia has a website on which one can view webcams of the world. This is possible because the owners don't change the passwords. There was a thread about this in the last week or two.

Some UK govt spokes person said that by doing this Russia may be braking international law, type not specified. It was put this way to sound as though Russia is acting outside of some law. This is deliberate anti Russian bias and is a form of conspiracy.

What they deliberately omitted was that the surveillance infrastructure put in place by the British, US and perhaps other governments made the whole thing possible. This indicates anti Russian bias in the media and indicates conspiratorial activity to make Russia

Why was this a news item in Australia when it was on this website a week or so ago and they could have used it as a public interest story in their news bulletins to warn the public to change the passwords in the security cameras in their homes and business? This indicates the intent is to portray Russia in a bad light in the public.

Why was this a mainstream news item only because Russia was letting the whole world know what the British, US and other governments had the capacity to do and were doing to their own citizens? Making this a news item is designed to breed into Russian sentiment in the audience.

While not connected to this story, it is also noteworthy that last night on TV there was a show about Russian Spies in the UK during the Kim Philby era. Again, this is an indication TPTB are deliberately fermenting Anti Russian sentiment in the western public. If this kind of programming is not deliberately anti Russian in nature what is?

Why did the 'news' not mention not mention that Russia was blowing the whistle on western goverments. Not mentioning this is eveiddence of conspiracy to protray Russia as a bad guy.

Potraying this in a way that makes Russia look bad is eveidence of deliberate re-kindling of potraying Ruissa as the boogyman

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
At first, you don't believe that obvious BS.

Two months later, SOMETHING has to be right about those news-items, right?

Four months later, hmm, maybe they ARE right about it?

Six months later - how could I have been so dumb in the beginning?! Obviously, they were right from the start!! I HATE!

Repeat for every new target.
I have seen it, even on my self. Luckily, I have spent enough time thinking about thinking that I can see through some of my own beliefs.. They are controlled by the environment. Push my beliefs long enough in one direction and I can do nothing against it.

Oh wait, I can do something: don't be pushed.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I am still wondering where did nato and whole eu drop their ballz when they learned usa spied em all over, if it would have been russia wonder how bad they would be spreading that in news and for how long. Wheres all the sanctions agains usa now?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I was a bit baffled by the news story on the BBC this morning as well.
Working in the security systems role for many years, I am of course aware of this website that has all the IP cameras listed. It's almost all commercial systems / cameras, from specific manufacturers and only those that have not had the default logins and passwords changed.

The way the BBC framed it, they seemed to be suggesting that the Russians (must be government sanctioned of course) were "hacking" cameras and watching kiddies! Talk about a badly researched story with zero journalistic integrity and credibility!

All part of the ongoing misinformation campaign by the British B&%%$@!t Corporation and the government of course, who were very likely the ones that supplied it for airing.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: learnatic

A propoganda machine is spinning out of control for the hearts and minds of the western people against russia. With all the wars the west has started the elite know they are going to have an uphill struggle to get money for arms out of public funding and with a reluctant public you can't make money and also kill off a good number of people, as the world is too full of people for the elite and a spot of war culling is a good thing for them.

Also the elite know that today more is known about them and especially who they are and what companies they have their control through - a backlash is coming and its slowly gathering speed. People have had enough of the difference in income, zero hour contracts and the control over our standard of living. Everybody hates to think some group are exploiting every aspect of their lives.

RT often gives very interesting stories that never make the british press so you know the media in any form in the uk is bent and never asks people when interviewing them the questions we actually want the answers to. They let them off the hook every time.

With socia media there are too many people to check even for the rothschilds and rockerfellas§

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Funny how the mainstream media never made a connections between this Rissian website and the NSA. I wonder if the public will?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Thank God, RT is not a government financed propaganda machine!
Why don't you try to move to Moscow, if the UK is so bad?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Exactly. Don't be pushed. By either side.

We as a people had to learn this the hard way ~70 years ago...
"Eine Lüge muss nur oft genug wiederholt werden. Dann wird sie geglaubt."
I think those were Goebbels words.

Sadly it seems like other people on this planet are about to repeat that lesson.
edit on 20-11-2014 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
The way the BBC framed it, they seemed to be suggesting that the Russians (must be government sanctioned of course) were "hacking" cameras and watching kiddies! Talk about a badly researched story with zero journalistic integrity and credibility!

They seemed to be suggesting that? Let's see what they actually said...

Regarding the "hacking":

The kit has not been "hacked", rather software and search tools have been used to scan the net for feeds that can be accessed using the cameras' default settings.

And the alleged implications that this is somehow "government sanctioned":

He said he would work with the Russian authorities and others to have the website shut down, adding that such a site would be illegal in the UK.

For now, the ICO said it was unable to halt the Russian website or others like it beyond the UK's borders.

"If a website in the UK did this we would take action against it because firstly it's a breach of the Data Protection Act because you are accessing people's information and you shouldn't be, and secondly there are also issues around the Computer Misuse Act as well," the spokesman added.

So there you have it. They said that it is not hacking. They did not imply government involvement. They simply said that they can't shut it down themselves and gave a basic explanation as to why. Saying that a website is based in a particular country and that you're working with the government of that country to shut the site down because your laws do not apply to said country is pretty far off from implying guilt for the purpose of propaganda.

If not for propaganda then why? It's a public privacy concern. It's a story that will worry people and therefore generate ratings and clicks, which is really what the media cares about at the end of the day. And its not entirely bad. At least they are saying "Hey, folks...you might want to change your device passwords from the default setting...". That's it. That's all this is really about. It just so happens that this particular site is in Russia. Plenty of illegal websites pop up and then get shut down in a variety of different countries all the time and it gets covered in the media. Is all of that propaganda against those countries too? Seems unlikely.

None of what has been said in this thread could be considered evidence. Nearly everything mentioned in this thread so far has been based on memory of something heard on TV or the radio. Memories are faulty and highly susceptible to bias. This is clearly evidenced by the wide gap between the memories of the media coverage versus what has actually been reported by BBC, Sky, etc. It seems to be a pretty clear case of confirmation bias.

The Full BBC article...why has no one posted this yet, I wonder?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: learnatic
Funny how the mainstream media never made a connections between this Rissian website and the NSA. I wonder if the public will?

What, exactly, is the connection? How is publicizing webcams that people haven't secured even remotely similar to what the NSA does?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ronaldomoon

I wasn't going from a BBC print article, but from what I watched on TV this morning on the BBC news, where they spoke of hacking and watching kids. The news feeds generally have a wider audience than the print articles on the websites, so are a better medium for planting that early morning bit of news, even if it is then debunked in a later printed edition on the website. It's how it works!

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple
There is obviously a massive agenda going on against Russia.
Because Britain may be a better place to than live than Russia does not mean it's politicians and government run media are not up to their necks in underhanded tactics which may ultimately sway the public mindset into accepting or even go as far as begging for a war with Russia to amend some perceived manipulated slight.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: southbeach

There is indeed a "massive agenda going on against Russia", it is called their government...
The last time I checked, our politicians were the ones trying to discuss and find a compromise, while Russia is (even if they don't admit it, but it slipped in one speech of "the angel of peace") invading souvereign countries.
So the manipulated part is: Saying they are pro Russian seperatist, when it's clear they carry out orders. What happened to the question: Who benefits from it? Who did? Who got a nice new place to go to for vacations?
At least you realize it is better to live in the UK, than in a country with a fascistic agenda.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple
Invading souvereign countries.......that's a right laugh.
The West does not do things like that,they always peacefully discuss another method...lol.
You fail to mention it was a West backed regime that took over Ukraine in the first place and illegally so going against the wishes of the populace.
Ukranian troops have been advised the whole time by NATO and the C.I.A. when trying to invade mainly ethnic Russian towns on the Russian border.
The instant knee jerk reaction of the western media when the Malaysian plane was shot down with out finding out the facts first...just like the propaganda against Assad in Syria with the chemical attacks which of course turned out to be false.
I don't have a dog in this fight but i'll tell you something these wars are manufactured to make money or to take away more civil liberties in the guise of terrorism.
It's starts with a slow incremental character assassination of the opponent and then turns into froth at the mouth demonization using the media as the lackies which eventually injects itself into the public mindset.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ronaldomoon

The Full BBC article...why has no one posted this yet, I wonder?

Because it is easier to bash western media than it is to actually post the article, or research it.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: southbeach

You fail to mention it was a West backed regime that took over Ukraine in the first place and illegally so going against the wishes of the populace.

Really, because if I recall it was the people who wanted the former president out, but let's just forget about the corruption that ran hard through the Yanukovych regime. In fact you can learn more about what he was into here...

www.newrepublic.com...

And you may also be interested in knowing that even the parliament that was elected during his reign were in the process of impeachment before he fled to Russia.

Ukranian troops have been advised the whole time by NATO and the C.I.A. when trying to invade mainly ethnic Russian towns on the Russian border.

But it's okay for Russia to do that with the separatists, yet Ukraine is not allowed to have advisors...why is that?

And yet those area's are still part of Ukraine, so how are they invading their own country?

.just like the propaganda against Assad in Syria with the chemical attacks which of course turned out to be false.

Are you sure about that...

“Syria’s apparent use of chlorine gas as a weapon – not to mention targeting of civilians – is a plain violation of international law,” said Nadim Houry, deputy Middle East and North Africa director at Human Rights Watch.

According to doctors who treated the victims and subsequently spoke to Human Rights Watch, these attacks killed at least 11 people and resulted in symptoms consistent with exposure to chlorine in nearly 500 other people.

www.hrw.org...

"The findings of the latest OPCW report corroborate allegations that the Assad regime is continuing to use chemical weapons in Syria, in violation of the Chemical Weapons Convention," said the Foreign Office statement.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Sorry it seems Syria did use chemical weapons against it's people.

edit on 20-11-2014 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: learnatic
Some UK govt spokes person said that by doing this Russia may be braking international law, type not specified. It was put this way to sound as though Russia is acting outside of some law. This is deliberate anti Russian bias and is a form of conspiracy.

This statement is how you know that the charge is BS. International law is very weak and for the most part doesn't exist. Nations have laws within their borders and they have treaties to deal with each other. International law itself doesn't really exist, even the world court can only issue non binding verdicts, and even in that case only if the two nations agree to goto court with each other in the first place. If there's no court to uphold the law, there's no law.

In this case, I'm not sure exactly what treaty the Russians would be breaking. Maybe something about not obtaining unauthorized access to each others systems, but cyber weapons, industrial espionage, and everything else have poked so many holes in that, that it's just for show.

Anyways they probably just want to drum up some anti Russian sentiment to justify another round of sanctions. The US would love nothing more than to be able to push Russia out of the oil market in Europe and replace it. We've got the domestic production to do so now thanks to the fracking boom.

new topics

top topics

join