It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Plan to Resurrect the Woolly Mammoth Jurassic Park Style

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I read this news story and thought about this, this is more proof they have emotions and they express it, it makes me that bit more sadder too know these scientists don't look at them like they are living beings like us that think and feel..

Female and juvenile elephants spend their lives in tightly knit matrilineal family groups of up to ten members or more led by a matriarch.

Elephants are highly intelligent animals, self-aware and able to make and use simple tools, and their observably sensitive behaviour has led to persistent claims that they can, like humans, feel emotion

As with chimps and dolphins, any hurt, dying or dead elephant may get attention and aid from others of their own kind, regardless of whether they are related. Some scientists dismiss any interpretation that the animals are in this way expressing 'concern' for each other as naive anthropomorphism, but examples like this one at Londolozi nonetheless appear to be compelling evidence.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: AvoidBadCompany
It's typically science. Always trying to deny God yet become little gods themselves. They are pompous little men and women so full of themselves they spend millions upon billions experimenting on this kind of blasphemy.
I hope if they achieve their goal and the fake mammoth stomps them to death after driving those tusks right through their gizzard.
If only they'd use their gifts for good like clean water and food full of real nutrition, minerals and vitimins.

Spoken like a true Christian.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Logman

I wouldn't say his post was typical of a Christian, more typical of a scientifically illiterate anti-intellectual who feels their magical beliefs are threatened by the discoveries of science.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Then how could cloning work if elephants and mammoth do not share the same genotype?

If they shared the same genotype they would be identical. They are not cloning, they are taking Mammoth DNA and inserting it into an elephant egg with the DNA removed, and then implanting it into an elephant. (that's the plan at least)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I don't know. Have you see the difference in size between modern elephants and archaic Proboscidea? Now imagine a young mammoth bull enraged during rut...what elephant bull is going to handle it? It isn't like how an elephant bull will be "groomed" by older bulls. It would be an adolescent that was completely overwhelmingly large by any standards.

Not saying it couldn't be done. only the the road would be very rough and rocky.

Mammoths are about the same size as modern African Elephants. Not sure why you think they were so much larger. They weighed about 6 tons, same as modern elephants.

The Steppe Mammoth is a different beast altogether, and is not what they plan on bringing back.

ETA: There was also a subspecies of Wooly Mammoths that were incredibly small.
edit on 20-11-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join