It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small German town turns neo-nazi march into walkathon - nazis march against themselves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

For each meter the neo-Nazis marched last Saturday throughout the village, local companies donated 10 euro for a project called “Exit”, a NGO that supports neo-Nazis who are ready to leave the milieu.

The neo-Nazis themselves only learned of the villagers' prank while their march was already underway, walking through the village and carrying their flags and wreaths solemnly.

I think this is hysterical. Especially the part about handing out bananas. They ended up getting 10,000 Euro. Great way to protest the idiots while simultaneously doing good.

I feel like this tactic would be great for groups like Westboro Baptist church.

Source

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
That's awesome !!! Good for the local townies! ....and yes, I'd love to see that happen with the westboro baptist church! Star and flag for you!

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

I want to say some comedian did this already and donated to some gay right's group.

Lisa Lampenelli. Mild language.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Ha...that is some funny stuff there. I think that just made my day.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
lMAO ! That was funny.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Am I the only one that smells "scam" here? An anti-neo-nazi group is getting donations based on how far neo-nazis march. How hard would it be to hire some people and pay them a cut of the donations? After all, if they successfully stop the neo-nazi march, they don't get donations.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Am I the only one that smells "scam" here?

I think so.

I'm having a hard time following your thought process here. Are you saying that the anti nazis are pretending to be nazis to get donations?

These marches have persisted for a long time. It would certainly be a long con.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I'm saying someone could have seen an opportunity and found a way to cash in. Somehow I picture neo-nazis with more tatoos and piercings than the people in this march. Maybe that's just an American perspective.

And what does the group do with this money they raise? Try to raise awareness of the scourge of neo-nazis, perhaps? Seems an almost symbiotic relationship.

As a Chinese General once said, "I could do without friends, but I couldn't live without enemies."

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

OK that's pretty much what I thought you meant.

I'm not at all familiar with the group. I would hope that those who donated and came up with the idea to donate to this specific organization vetted them.

My understanding is that they offer support and counseling type services for people who want to separate from nazi groups.

I don't think there's a lot of money to be had hear and that the group probably runs on a pretty low budget.

I think they would be ecstatic if they were out of the job.

top topics

join