It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

attack on US oil pipelines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
could it happen an attack on oil pipe lines in the US ( alaska and so on )
happen.

if so what would happen ( since oil proces would jump in price )

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I dont know, America would probably point the finger at some random country and yell SATAN!

and then you know the usual... a dash of bombing, lots of murder and a pinch of theft.

On a more serious level though, It would not be a very easy task to organise such an attack on US soil (entry, lots of planning, escape avenues etc). Im not saying it couldnt happen its just illogical considering the numerious other US targets in the middle-east (Pipelines and Troops) that are much easier to attack while at the same time giving the US the same amount of headpain.

I suppose on some level the pychological damages on public moral of attacking targets within the US would be a boost to insurgent groups in a sort of 'pay back' way but one would think such attacks would take place on monuments or important economical structures. The reason for this is because any attack would have to be a one off strike and any damage to oil facilities can usually be repaired and working order restored, whereas key US monuments cannot.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Funny enough the OPEC is officially cutting oil production as we speak, because storing reserves are starting to get saturated in many places. the officiial story is that this is to keep prices stabile, but lets try to give this a little conspiricy twist:

suppose saoudi arabia is still producing that million barrels, but covertly stocking it up for the americans at their millitary bases to be used in a war against iran?

Not that I have my private spy satellite network to confirm any of this, but the thought is entertaining ....

[edit on 10-12-2004 by Countermeasures]

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Johnny Redburn isnt it more easy to attack an oil pipeline in alaska
then to go head on with saudi forces?
( hit the heart of the US econemy )

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I would think it would be pretty easy to arrange this, but the amount of effort and explosives needed to perform this would be better served by terrorists in another way. An impact to a pipeline would not be as influential as say a subway or mall bombing. I hope to my God that this never happens.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
Johnny Redburn isnt it more easy to attack an oil pipeline in alaska
then to go head on with saudi forces?
( hit the heart of the US econemy )

I don't think so, unless it was an American terror group. Mideast-looking types would stick out like a sore thumb in Alaska. The other thing to think about is the logistical angle. Alaska isn't exactly Manhattan; just securing transportation would raise antennae.

new topics

top topics

join