It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40 kilos of Cocaine found on Turtle-Senator McConnell's Inlaws' Shipping vessel!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
McConnell's Ties to a Shadowy Shipping Company

before the Ping May, a rusty cargo vessel, could disembark from the port of Santa Marta en route to the Netherlands in late August, Colombian inspectors boarded the boat and made a discovery. Hidden in the ship's chain locker, amidst its load of coal bound for Europe, were approximately 40 kilograms, or about ninety pounds, of coc aine. A Colombian Coast Guard official told The Nation that there is an ongoing investigation. The seizure of the narcotics shipment in the Caribbean port occurred far away from Kentucky, the state in which Senator Mitch McConnell is now facing a career-defining election. But the Republican Senate minority leader has the closest of ties to the owner of thePing May, the vessel containing the illicit materials: the Foremost Maritime Corporation, a firm founded and owned by McConnell's in-laws, the Chao family.

This A-wipe authors bills to criminalize marijuana yet how many kilos of yayo found their way onto the Ping May prior to this bust? 400Kilos? 4000? The rich have full mobility of their money, goods, persons. What do the poor have? Little to no mobility of money, goods, persons.
Strange this isn't on the evening news...
edit on 12-11-2014 by Moonsouljah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I was sorry to see him re elected in my home state of Kentucky, but neither candidate was worth having, so it wasn't even the lesser of 2 evils. Seems like the message of the Elites hasn't changed a bit : "Do As I Say, Not As I Do" or "All For Me, None For Thee"

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
And I am sure he will be fully insulated from the incident. AKA nothing will happen to him. Same song different band.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Moonsouljah

A pretty thorough summary of my feelings on this... I wonder if, after the Hilton family got found out, these folks took the reins for running large shipments into the US?

Good find.

Hope some more develops.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I'll be interested to see what the investigation comes up with. It's WAY too early to tie this to the Senator.

Just because this occurred on a ship owned by a company that is owned by his in-laws doesn't mean McConnell knew about it or that his in-laws knew about it.

It could be that the captain of the ship was a crook and no one up the chain knew about it.

I don't like Mitch McConnell but automatically tying this to him is an act of journalistic dishonesty.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Because a deckhand using the ship he works on to smuggle drugs is just like Jesse Jackson directly using Campaign funds to buy Michael Jackson's fedora, or the CA state senator with a huge anti gun agenda was a found to be personally making deals with terrorists in the Phillipines to supply them with weapons. This is also just like Eric Holder ordering the ATF to order FFL dealers to sell guns to Drug Cartels to supposedley track them, then saying we need more gun control because FFL dealers are selling weapons to Drug Cartels, and then hides all paperwork about the operation, yep, all of those personal involvements in conspiracies and crimes are JUST like a 70 something year old man's in laws companies ship having drugs on it, yep.

Keep grasping at straws man, it's funny how pathetic you and desparate you make Liberals look.
edit on 12-11-2014 by chuck258 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Not enough information but Mitch McConnell is a shady guy. At least as shady as Reid?

Funny how one is in line to replace the other.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258
Because a deckhand using the ship he works on is just like Jesse Jackson directly using Campaign funds to buy Michael Jackson's fedora, or the CA state senator with a huge anti gun agenda was a found to be personally making deals with terrorists in the Phillipines to supply them with weapons. This is also just like Eric Holder ordering the ATF to order FFL dealers to sell guns to Drug Cartels to supposedley track them, then saying we need more gun control because FFL dealers are selling weapons to Drug Cartels, and then hides all paperwork about the operation, yep, all of those personal involvements in conspiracies and crimes are JUST like a 70 something year old man's in laws companies ship having drugs on it, yep.

Keep grasping at straws man, it's funny how pathetic you and desparate you make Liberals look.

Yeah, it's definitely a stretch.

It's like saying that if a truck driver smuggles drugs in a load, anyone who is related to the owners of the trucking company knew about it.

Unless the investigation proves otherwise, this is just the liberal side of the media desperately hoping to harm a member of the party who just obliterated them in the elections.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Moonsouljah

While I am not a fan of RINO McConnell, who is to say this isn't just a greedy captain looking to make some cash on the side? Interesting how the buck stops long before it gets to the top with a democrat scandal, the same libs want you to believe that a relative by marriage is responsible for all the workings of a shipping company, but more than that, a particular ship on the other side of the planet. Give me a freaking break.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

A Colombian Coast Guard official told The Nation that there is an ongoing investigation.

I'll be a monkey's uncle !!!!

Smells like a set up

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Why am I not surprised

Everyone of these politicians has some kind of skeleton in their closet, well at least a femur

We really do need term limits for these guys, to prevent them from being able to be a 'career politician' and to act like they are above the law

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Hopefully this gets pursued. It's highly sketchy, not surprising considering McConnell himself is as sketchy a politician as there ever was.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Without exonerating McConnell in this, I'll just say that there are a lot of degrees of separation between what happens on one ship in a shipping company connected to a man's in-laws and a man himself.

I mean, c'mon, if it's no big deal that Rev. Wright was Obama's family pastor for 20 years, then finding coke on one ship in the man's in-law's shipping company is even less of a deal.

Oh, lets' not even get into Charlie Wrangel's Bahamian vacation homes that he pays no tax dollars on ...

Reid's land deals ...

Pelosi's husband's tuna canneries ...

Jesse Jackson, Jr.

There is plenty of corruption, and while this may lead somewhere, it may also not. For all we know right now, it could just be an enterprising sailor taking advantage of his position.
edit on 12-11-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Not enough information but Mitch McConnell is a shady guy. At least as shady as Reid?

Funny how one is in line to replace the other.

I don't know enough about him to agree that he's a thoroughly shady guy (though it never surprises me with any politician if they are) but I can say that I very much doubt he'll do what he was elected to do (get rid of Obamacare). I don't even think he wants to, TBH.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Except that Rev. Wright has freedom of speech AND religion to say the silly stuff he says ...

There are as yet no freedoms that extend to carrying 40 keys of coke on your boat.

(i.e. It's not even close to the same thing and you know it, Ketsuko.)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45
Hopefully this gets pursued. It's highly sketchy, not surprising considering McConnell himself is as sketchy a politician as there ever was.

Yeah, as sketchy as Reid and Pelosi

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Except that Rev. Wright has freedom of speech AND religion to say the silly stuff he says ...

There are as yet no freedoms that extend to carrying 40 keys of coke on your boat.

(i.e. It's not even close to the same thing and you know it, Ketsuko.)

I wasn't saying Wright doesn't have the right to say what he says, but if it's not big deal that a presidential candidate sits there and listens to someone who preaches with a level of hatred for the country that reaches Phelp's hatred for gays ... then it's big deal that a senator is married to someone whose parents own a company where someone used a tanker boat to stash dope possibly without their knowledge.

It's the same level of outrage that is being sought.

Also, Obama is a person who has openly admitted to doing hard drugs, and that is apparently no big deal, either.
edit on 12-11-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Aren't you tired of the unending tit-for-tat with the two parties?

I mean come on. It's exhausting.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

So it's impossible to just consider whether McConnell's family might be involved in dealings that could compromise his position without trying to drag something in to blame Obama for?

Why? Why is it always "Did X Republican do this?" and the answer is "Well, Obama did this so that doesnt' matter"?

It does matter, attempts to obfuscate the discussion aside.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: snarky412

Aren't you tired of the unending tit-for-tat with the two parties?

I mean come on. It's exhausting.

First of all, I was merely responding to a post -- people are acting like McConnell is the only shady politician when he's clearly not

Second of all, if it's exhausting for you then please do, take a break and get some rest

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join