It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brilliant Ancient Egyptian stuff

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Just regurgitating what I see on youtube-like the rest of you.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: FalcoFan

Don't throw me under that bus. I think YouTube is a horrible place to get information. I,prefer legit scientific papers. More so ones that have passed peer review. That's where I get my info from.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
this is a fantastic video. watch it till the end. he proves they used some kind of liquid to polish the granite.

edit on 12-11-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Physical medicines such as herbs were mostly expected to assuage the pain only, while magic effected the cure.
Powerful magic for which rituals, spells, incantations, talismans and amulets were used.

The plant medicines mentioned in the Ebers papyrus for instance include opium, cannabis, myrrh, frankincense, fennel, cassia, senna, thyme, henna, juniper, aloe, linseed and castor oil

Magic is effective together with medicine. Medicine is effective together with magic.
From the Ebers papyrus

A few papyri have survived, from which we can learn about Egyptian medicine:

The Edwin Smith Papyrus describing surgical diagnosis and treatments,
the Ebers Papyrus on ophthalmology, diseases of the digestive system, the head, the skin and specific maladies like aAa, which some think may have been a precursor of aids and others, perhaps more reasonably, consider to have been a disease of the urinary tract, a compilation of earlier works that contains a large number of prescriptions and recipes,
the Kahun Gynaecological Papyrus,
the Berlin Medical Papyrus,
the London Medical Papyrus.
the Hearst medical papyrus repeats many of the recipes found in the Ebers papyrus.
the Demotic Magical Papyrus of London and Leiden contains a number of spells for treating physical ailments.

But i got to say the magical papyrus Demotic is pretty Mystic:

So this is a formula to getting a chick=) i guess u cant ask that anymore when you go yo the hospital
A method to put the heart of a woman after a man; done in one moment (?), and it comes to pass instantly.
You take (24) a swallow (?) alive, together with a hoopoe, (both) alive. Ointment made for them: (25) blood, of a male ass, blood of the tick (?) of a black cow; you anoint (26) their heads with lotus ointment; you utter a cry before the sun in his moment of rising; (27) you cut off the heads of the two; you take the heart out of the right ribs (28) of both of them; you anoint it with the ass's blood and the blood of the tick (?) of a black cow, (29) as aforesaid; you put them into an ass's skin you lay them in the sun until they (30) are dry for four days; when the four days have passed, you pound them, you put them into a (31) box; you lay it in your house.

When you wish to make a woman love a man, you take (32) the shaving (?) of a pleasure-wood (?); you recite these correct names before them; (33) you put it into a cup of wine or beer; you give it to the woman and she drinks it.
(34) 'I am Bira, Akhel, La-akh, Sasm-fialo(?), (35) Ples-plun, Ioane, Sabaathal, Sasupu, (36) Nithi, put the heart of N. born of N. after N. born of N. in (37) these hours to-day.'
Seven times.
You do it on the fourteenth of the lunar month. Very excellent.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join