It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disintegration of the MAD concept

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
In the last year we see dangerous signs of resuming cold war between US/NATO block and Russia.
US withdrawal from the treaty ABMT (signed in 1972) was the first step towards MAD destruction
en.wikipedia.org...

Now, it seems that Russia also is not interested in continuing of old nuclear balance or at least is not interested to work with their
american "partners"
english.pravda.ru...

"The IAEA is a universal organization, where we all are represented and where all of us are working on the same problems," Russian Ambassador to the US Sergey Kislyak said at a press meeting. "Moreover, in 2016, they are planning a similar conference. We believe that one should not create parallel structures and mechanisms, but work in the organizations that have been created for this purpose."

This is an official explanation why Russia doesn't want more bilateral talks with Americans.

In my opinion, unlike late stages of Cold War when the incident of starting Nuclear war could happen only as a result of malfunction or disrupted chain of command we are entering into the new era of Nuclear war by design.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I love how it's US/NATO. We setup up the dang thing then bailed on it immediately. Should just call it US/other people

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

yeah.
and what do you wanna bet it's for our own good?!!

/sarcasm

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
You can only keep threatening the world for so long and now it seems like many are saying put up or shut up to the USA.

Americans are always going on about "If they do XYZ" then its bang two seconds after saying we would never use nukes

The world according to the Americans is made up of about six nations and this is what they call the international community when just five jump because the USA says so.

Time for the USA to get out of Europe, we don't need the protection from all these military bases and then lets mend some bridges with Russia.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

The "many" you imply being the following nations: Russia, and... oh wait, that's it.

The fact of the matter is Russia isn't wanting to play by the rules anymore, so they're taking their ball and going home to draw X's over the eyes of its former friends.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Bahahaha! I can see Putin cutting out Kerry from the photos too. The rules keep changing because they aren't the ones that made up the game

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: nukedog

Drawing a longing red heart around Sarah Palin's face with XOXO below it. Okay, my mind just went into Fan Fiction territory and I need to stop before I injure my libido.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

He probably had his matching BFF ring returned by Xi

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Uhmm, In two words I can pretty much end this debate. It's called STAR WARS. Don't you remember the lecture given by then president Ronald Reagan (RAY GUN) and his computer generated cartoon with SDI (Strategic Defense Initiative)?
And now we have a cloaked SKY DREADNAUGHT and those black anti gravity TRIANGLE STAR SHIPS.
The MAD directive is no longer end game if THEY just hyper-drive off world.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Yule C Mann

And now we have a cloaked SKY DREADNAUGHT and those black anti gravity TRIANGLE STAR SHIPS.

Sorry, I think this is just SF bulls**t, there is no antigravity or hyper drive off worlds.

When I said an end to MAD, I wasn't exactly referring to what is MAD literally but more like an open cracks in diplomacy concerning willingness to work together on nuclear subjects.

MAD is virtual psychological concept that you can fear and believe in or you can disregard it and substitute with some SF hyper drive off worlds . The end of honest talks between US and Russia is the start of SF drivel and as a consequence the end of MAD.
edit on 11-11-2014 by kitzik because: (no reason given)

As a side note, for some reason I'm seeing a lot of people on this boards that still thinking we are in a scientific revolution age. The ugly reality - we are not. The high days of Science revolution are long over, we have peaked and remaining on the plateau, prolly from about 60-70 ties. Even the process of reproduction of high quality scientist is halted.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

That's a whole lot of "wut" compressed into one post. You really think Reagan's last name is a play on the words "RAY GUN"?

Also, gonna need some sources for your SKY DREAGNAUGHT and black anti-grav starships.

Don't want people thinking you're off your rocker, after all.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: kitzik

Sorry, I think this is just SF bulls**t, there is no antigravity or hyper drive off worlds.

When I said an end to MAD, I wasn't exactly referring to what is MAD literally but more like an open cracks in diplomacy concerning willingness to work together on nuclear subjects.

MAD is virtual psychological concept that you can fear and believe in or you can disregard it and substitute with some SF hyper drive off worlds . The end of honest talks between US and Russia is the start of SF drivel and as a consequence the end of MAD.

As a side note, for some reason I'm seeing a lot of people on this boards that still thinking we are in a scientific revolution age. The ugly reality - we are not. The high days of Science revolution are long over, we have peaked and remaining on the plateau, prolly from about 60-70 ties. Even the process of reproduction of high quality scientist is halted.

Actually there are patents in the patent office for tech the triangles use. Such as a Plasma projection device in use by the B2 bomber as well on its wings to reduce air drag. Now the dreadnought LOL. if we have one its cloaked with the one that allows light to pass around giving it the ability to reduce distortion of the star field.

The triangles have been seen since the 60's though. Russia just decided to help IRAN make more reactors now so its heating up now.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

The triangles have been seen since the 60's though. Russia just decided to help IRAN make more reactors now so its heating up now.

Think about it again, patents from 60-ties ! Initial idea of patents was to give the inventor/patent holder enough time to recoup investment and make profit. I know that reality is now different and this logic can be seen as outdated lol.
But, think again, 60-ties, it is more than 50 years and where are widespread use of "triangles" ?
As for Iran I do agree, those diplomatic games indeed linked to Iran Nuclear proliferation.

I'm sorry again, but the reality is that leading American business choose to use outdated soviet engines in 2014
www.space.com...

The commercial spaceflight company Orbital Sciences said today (Nov. 5) that the investigation into the explosion of its Antares rocket last week is eyeing the booster's first-stage engines, which were originally built in the 1960s by the Soviet Union at the height of the space race. In a call with investors, an Orbital Sciences representative said the company will likely retire the engines, with the goal of replacing them by 2016.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
A system based on infinite growth on a finite planet cannot sustain itself, and will collapse. In order to delay this process, while implementing a transitional system, it is necessary for expansionary warfare over dwindling resources; culminating into a global nuclear war. It is also necessary for an erosion of civil liberties to quell any domestic unrest during these turbulent times. While this may sound horrific, it will not be the end of civilization. Rather, it will be the birth of a new era, a Global Scientific Dictatorship is in the making. A world united, without the burden of these outdated and barbaric systems, such as nations, religion, or democracy. These ideas are primitive and dangerous, and must be discarded to ensure the longevity of the human species. The victor of this growing world war will decide whether humanity will learn and grow beyond the failed ideas of history, or transcend to a new level of existence.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
This global competition has been warming up for a while with the Middle East campaign stoking the fire, Syria put some real heat into it, now Ukraine as well adding to it all.

For all those people worried about some new world order global government, then these international tensions are a good thing. No one has the upper hand while there is so much division and divide going around. Maybe on some issues there is some agreement, but in terms of evolving the UN security council into some more centralized, unified and controlling organization, it does not look like the world is ready as this time or into the near future.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

The fact of the matter is Russia isn't wanting to play by the rules anymore,

The rules that says we have international criminal courts and they are doing nothing about people being burnt alive in the east of the Ukraine.

Playing by the devils rules means you will never win but don't worry if it goes nuclear and you are in a large city then at least you won't slowly cook like the poor people chased into a building and burnt.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

due to production cost of a tri its not a mass producable item. Its funding is total black level.ALso the tech is far superior and if they were publicly brought out the russians and chinese would most likely try to launch a pre emptive strike because they are out of their technical ability to produce.

And also dont cherry pick such a short reply i made previously. it screws up the entire meaning of the post

A patent with a diagram of the craft itself its used on isnt good? There are also verfied sightings of these craft as well so you can refuse the proof but i dont really care if you do.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Your so wrong, Russia has been building new Nukes and even intermediate range nukes for years, long before the U.S. decided the ABM treaty was no longer useful. Russia also already had Moscow ringed with S-400 missiles which is a missiles defense system so them crying about ours is nothing but lip service.

They have a hell of a lot more newer nuclear only delivery systems and they started building them as soon as Putin was put in charge. So what does that tell you. I know what I would do about it.

Bring back all of the systems we ditched in the START treaty with them, because they complained about them and they were necessary for the protection of the U.S.

Putin can not afford to have the U.S. to go into a nuclear arms build up because he will run out of money long before we do and it will be Russia collapses part 2.

new topics

top topics

join