It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Girl Walks Around Mumbai(India) For 10 Hours. And Proves That Not All Men Are The Same.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21
this proves nothing, in fact all it does do it make a mockery of an issues that women (including my wife) deals with on a regular basis. it is a real issue. do you think because you posted this that its not? or that everything is ok now because you have a video of a girl and nobody talks to her.

So if i can walk around a city and not hear racist stuff yelled at me does that racism doesn't exist either?

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420
this proves nothing, in fact all it does do it make a mockery of an issues that women (including my wife) deals with on a regular basis. it is a real issue. do you think because you posted this that its not? or that everything is ok now because you have a video of a girl and nobody talks to her.

So if i can walk around a city and not hear racist stuff yelled at me does that racism doesn't exist either?

AM not denying it does not exist , my point is it is not as widespread as its perceived or its sensationalized by TRP hungry media . Even if it does exists its in the extreme minority . Stereotyping men just because some retard somewhere decided to rape is stupid . Rape is rampant both In US and UK too if India is taken as a bench mark . EVen then it is in the extreme minority on all three countries. Majority of the men in this world are good people

www.nationmaster.com...

edit on 10-11-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
A few questions OP:

Is her attire common for an Indian woman in the places she was walking?

Could the passersby see the camera on her at all times, or was it obvious she was being watched and filmed?

They may seem like obvious questions, but the answers are important in our perception of the video.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
IMO the woman is the key, not the location.

Heterosexual Male minds are similar worldwide towards attractive females, but the definition of "attractive" is in the eye of the beholder, and many cultural/environmental factors must also be considered.

1. Was the woman in NYC more or less culturally attractive to males living in the area, as compared to the Indian woman?

If one was "hotter" by local cultural perspective then the other, it would be expected to produce different results.

2. Is it culturally acceptable for Indian men to "catcall" Indian women, as much so as NYC men?

This study is only counting "catcalls", but NYC is world known for "catcalls" (it is where the behavior originated), my wife received daily "catcalls" while living in NYC, it was as normal as the sun coming up at dawn; however you do not see any "catcalls" here in Denver where we currently reside. Even within the same country (NYC vs Denver) the cultural acceptance of the behavior varies. I can't imagine India having nearly the cultural acceptance of "catcalls" when compared to NYC.

If the study was trying to compare American men to Indian men, the study fails on a myriad of levels, and the data cannot be considered valid for legit comparisons.

"catcalls" tend to be an East Coast USA culturally established pattern. Going outside of that area, would produce less "catcalls" simply by changing the local culture.

One thing is for sure, heterosexual males, when they see attractive females; have cultural customs designed to get the attention of the female; whether human or animal this natural reaction occurs in all life. This is true, and cannot be used to create the image of better or worse cultures based on utilization of said custom; the study clearly is attempting to create a disparity in "rudeness" where no such disparity can be determined by the data in the study.

God Bless,
edit on 10-11-2014 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
India in that regard is an interesting place..make no mistake women have been raped/assualted and so on with no repercusions for the men involved. The old school culture says women are less than, at the same time women have ruled the country.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21

originally posted by: mikeone718
Same thing I had in mind. Stories out of Mumbai are far worse than a wannabe actress being hit on in New York.

Keep dreaming , Its better to accept your faults than to live in a fairy tale .

That's a pretty funny response. Do yourself a favor and do a search on rapes in Mumbai.

And about faults...if wanting to talk to a beautiful woman is wrong, then I don't want to be right.
edit on 10-11-2014 by mikeone718 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid
I must be a vampire.
I couldn't see my reflection in there.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
Yeah, white men are great...

Disgusting street 'pick up artist' who pushes women's heads into his crotch gets kicked out of Australia

Source

Excuse me, what's wrong with white men? Keep your racist # off this site, you're grouping all white men with your comment, and I take offense to you! I've met dirtballs of all races, what's your race, I'm sure I could tell you about a bunch of dirtballs that I've met that are your race! There are some good people, and some dirtballs out there, of all races! Don't just attack one group.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
you can see that the video was heavily edited

and any foolish sexist attempts to get her attention were edited out

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

The fact is the woman strolling NYC did NOT get harassed 100 times. Saying "hello" isn't harassment. In fact the way she ignored a number of people in the video after they said hello was a bit rude. Harassment is not when someone says "hello" to you!

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: michaelbrux
i saw bits of that video...i learned that suggesting a woman "smile" or greeting her to "have a nice day" is sexual harassment if not specifically requested.

ground-breaking experiment.

Are you trying to be obtuse? Talking to someone you don't know who is minding their own business is rude. It's another thing to say 'have a nice day' or 'hello' to a customer if you're the clerk in a store, or to a coworker...

How about saying 'god bless you' and then using it as an excuse to follow alongside her for five whole minutes? Boy, I bet he was REAL religious...

I'll never understand the comments men have made on the NYC video, that the women 'should get over themselves'

Like we should 'get over' our wanting to be left alone in our own thoughts, or free from worry about what exactly our stalker has in mind, or even just from being yelled at by strangers, especially when those yells are sexual in nature?

I wonder how this would pan out in a Texas town where there's a lot of people concealed carrying?

As someone who has been accosted by one of these dirtbags, I'm all in favor of wholesale street cleaning. And not the kind that involves a machine and twirling brushes.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: wayforward

The fact is the woman strolling NYC did NOT get harassed 100 times. Saying "hello" isn't harassment. In fact the way she ignored a number of people in the video after they said hello was a bit rude. Harassment is not when someone says "hello" to you!

So she's supposed to say 'hello' back to dozens of people every day, just so as not to be rude to them, even though the initial talking to her WAS rude? Do you realize that to some of these jackasses, saying 'hi' back will be seen as an invitation to go on a 'date' or join their imaginary pimping tribe? That's what the one comment was about 'I just saw $1000'; he was imaging what that body would buy from a willing taker....

Do you also realize that women have been MURDERED for ignoring one of these scumbags, because they were 'dissed' and how dare she?

Do you have any clue how dangerous it is just to walk down the street when there are that many unoccupied and peabrained scum hanging around doing nothing on the streets?

I keep wondering how they're eating every day, since they're obviously not gainfully employed... either they're dealing, or they're on welfare; your tax dollars at work.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
the original survey was flawed in many ways from the fact that nobody really walks 10 hours in one day, to the fact that the video showed a disproportionate amount of minorities, that led me to believe that they had the woman walk in "bad" areas of the city, where you are more likely to find people with a lower level of education, and hence, more rude.
kinda strange how you don't see a white guy at least in the video that was released to the general public.
As for india, i work with lots of people form there, and they all tell me that dating is not how it happens in other places, more often than not, dates are set up among friends, or co workers, it's a cultural thing that you don't stop someone you like in the middle of the street and talk to them.
So implying that "not all men are alike" because indian culture is very different form ours, is a bit like cheating

Thank you for the well thought out response. I was going to post something similar but after reading this post I realized you nailed what I was trying to convey.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

People and relationships are funny

Just don't get involved with that portion of society and you'll be happy and content.

I like to view myself as a plant.

One day i will reproduce hermaphrodically. It will be anu-mitosis. So there will be 2 of me. I will pollinate my own seed and multiply to become my own species. We will then form our own country called Tyria anusimbelle. Because it rolls off the tongue.

Seriously tho. I think its a privilege woman get so much attention. I mean if your lonly just walk down the streets of new york hypothetically speaking where people will catcall you and say hello and you have the power to deny them recongition.
That's every trolls dream on the internet and woman can do it simply by walking down a street. Amazing.

of course in reality. Don't walk around with Yoga pants and a tight tight shirt unless of course you like exposing your bodies dimensions in detail.

Expecially around streets where prostitutes hangout. That's just asking for trouble... Does logic seriously need to be debated here?

How smart would it be to walk around in skimpy clothing down Hastings in Vancouver?

Unless you are high on drugs and don't care about being raped it would be a great idea.
Of course its safe to walk down haistings sometimes, But theres a lot of prostitutes there.

Youd probably have a better chance of getting knocked out by a hooker than getting picked up by a rapist ect.

Expecially if you are prettier than her and shes high on vikoden. You be cuttin into her bizniz, or maybe her pimp comes out and hollas at you.

I'v seen things happen in areas where this activity occures. Does this generalize all men in new york? No. Because not all streets in new york have pimps and hookers on them.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire

originally posted by: michaelbrux
i saw bits of that video...i learned that suggesting a woman "smile" or greeting her to "have a nice day" is sexual harassment if not specifically requested.

ground-breaking experiment.

Are you trying to be obtuse? Talking to someone you don't know who is minding their own business is rude. It's another thing to say 'have a nice day' or 'hello' to a customer if you're the clerk in a store, or to a coworker...

How about saying 'god bless you' and then using it as an excuse to follow alongside her for five whole minutes? Boy, I bet he was REAL religious...

I'll never understand the comments men have made on the NYC video, that the women 'should get over themselves'

Like we should 'get over' our wanting to be left alone in our own thoughts, or free from worry about what exactly our stalker has in mind, or even just from being yelled at by strangers, especially when those yells are sexual in nature?

I wonder how this would pan out in a Texas town where there's a lot of people concealed carrying?

As someone who has been accosted by one of these dirtbags, I'm all in favor of wholesale street cleaning. And not the kind that involves a machine and twirling brushes.

I suppose you think your response to me is different from the men to the provocative woman in the NY video.

I'm just learning...ignore people as if they don't exist.

I'll just stay in my own thoughts...give these women their 15 minutes and lets move on to something worth thinking about.

but I will apologize to all women in advance...men will continue to desire sex with you almost as if they can't help themselves and they will say something...even if its a shot in the dark and you don't share their desire. i'm sorry for this.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
If you look for a problem you find it.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

These videos also prove that if youre a woman, and people saying hello and "have a nice day" constitutes as harassment to you.......

Then you have some serious issues in that head of yours, and you probably need to re-evaluate your own over developed sense of self importance........

Just my two cents

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

Did you actually just say

Talking to someone you don't know who is minding their own business is rude.

What a sad world you live in man...........

Where I come from thats called being friendly.........

Whats it like to live like that? Nevermind, I dont want to be that miserable

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
the follow up to the Video should be an episode where she calls these guys' bluffs.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
It's hard to believe that there are men who think being an ass is going to turn on women. I guess if you play the law of averages you'll eventually score with even the crudest of techniques.
I've found that having good manners and being polite works well enough.
Once a woman is relaxed enough to hang out comfortably, then you can start joking around with them. If you can get'er laughing from the gut, she's yours.
Regular bathing doesn't hurt, especially in summer.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join