It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That song/album/8track/cassette/cd/download that made your 'rents flip out and beat on your door...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Violent Femmes are the best. Get stuffed, haha.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax
I'm sure your parents were quite concerned. LMFAO! Sacred as hell probably.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: skunkape23
But, but...you were shouting *AT* the devil, not *WITH* the devil.

LMFAO!

Be strong
And "LAUGH!"
The Christians I was raised around were a humorless lot.
If it said "Devil", it must be evil...as I ate my deviled-ham sandwich in Sunday school...not to mention the
Deviled eggs every Christmas.
Then there was the 'Red devil' brand lye to unclog the crapper after the festivities.
edit on 9-11-2014 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Most of this music you guys are posting, my PARENTS introduced me to. Even Earache, yes. But then again, my parents weren't exactly the best at their job... Still glad I never got physically abused because of music though, yikes...

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Justin Beaver or 2 Puc

J/K

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I made a point of keeping my Slayer albums hidden after the Crue incident.

My mum got my brothers slayer albums and burnt them LOL she hated it so bad she would go crazy at him and yell at him saying how it made him angrier when he listed too it and messed with his head listening to such negative music etc, I think the only one getting angrier was her! lol.

As for me well I never played anything that my mum couldn't stand I listened to a lot of Rap, Hip Hop & heavy metal when I was younger (and well still do) a lot had a fair share of mature content but if I didn't want my mum hearing something I was listening too I just used my headphones. Listening too Eminem from the age of 9 probably wasn't the best I wouldn't let my 9 year old listen too him. lol.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

LOL - That song would drive anyone crazy not just parents...

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Only reaction from my dad about 25 years ago when I was listening to a live house remix in the living room on the radio after half an hour, "not bad." He only gave my sister and me money to got to house parties.

And my best friend kept asking, "where are my house tapes," till he stepped in his dad car and opened the dashboard compartment, and his dad was denying the whole time he knew where they were. I never forget we gave a house party and his mom and dad were there, one of our friends, "look at how your mother stands at the dance floor," his reaction, "oh that`s nothing, look at my dad over there."

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
It wasn't any albums that drove my parents nuts, it was having my friends over for band practice that did.
Singing lyrics like "the baby's got herpes" or " I think my teachers on acid" probably pushed the envelope a tad for their tastes. To their credit they learned how to turn the tv up louder or found a good excuse to leave the house for a few hours.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
Most of this music you guys are posting, my PARENTS introduced me to. .

same here....i was lucky...both my parents encouraged me to listen to anything and everything...

i will say my mom was far less then thrilled when i popped in 2 live crew....
i realized pretty fast that it was terrible # and never played it again.

i dont think they ever 'forbid' me to listen to anything....same with movies....

i dont have many memories from my pre 10 year old days but i do remember being younger than that and watching toxic avenger and missing in action with my mom and or dad....

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

It was a long time ago, but this was it.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

I would beat my kid with a hickory switch if I caught them listening to that dreck.
Somebody needs to give that gal a cheeseburger and a shot of testosterene.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I'll never forget the day that I popped this tape into my stereo at home:

My mom opened the door and stood in the doorway for about a minute listening. Then walked right back on out closing it quietly behind her without uttering a single word. Very uncharacteristic of her as she has a tendency of giving her opinion on everything. No door beating and flipping out required. She flipped in her own unique way. Still find that humorous.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice

My mom opened the door and stood in the doorway for about a minute listening. Then walked right back on out closing it quietly behind her without uttering a single word. Very uncharacteristic of her as she has a tendency of giving her opinion on everything. No door beating and flipping out required. She flipped in her own unique way. Still find that humorous.

Ministry!

One of my favorites still to this day.

\m/

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

originally posted by: WhiteAlice

Ministry!

One of my favorites still to this day.

\m/

lol, yes. Super different music with the added bonus of acting as a total parental repellent--who knew?

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
That would be this one:

My mom even threw out the album (Stay Hungry) because she watched Phil Donahue and Geraldo and was convinced that they were devil worshipers. I got it back though lol

top topics

<< 1   >>

join