It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popular games inspired by upcoming events?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Didn�t know where to put this but conspiracy sounds right
This post is just about my thinkins relating those stories about 80�s when there was this series "V" and people were talking about possibility that governments are trying to alter peoples thoughts about future events by movies and other media. Just think about itl Around 9.11 counter strike was it�s best and it was only good people against terrorist. Then came battlefield and mod to that, the Desert Combat where us was against iraq. Again good timing.
Just a while ago half life 2 was released. I excepted some alien invasion shootemup but it starts very differently. Whole idea is that people are prisoners inside their city and government "keeps the safe". Everybody eats same food which make them flegmatic and lazy. And any freewill minded people will be altered to be zombie minded easy controllable human..
What if it�s somekind of hidden message in it
..That this could be our future. Nobody has rights to do anything and people are treated as cattle.
Halo 2 is also a big dollar game and it�s only about aliens coming to earth invading it. Maybe future is that. Were going to be invaded and governments have agreed that every person will be captured and taken to concentration camps etc. And this is their way to make people realize what will happen if something like that would come to our way. Well that�s it
..Whole lots of speculation stirring my mind. Your thoughts?
-ap

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 05:57 AM
link   
thoughtful........... but dont agree with the alien thing . the sci fi is just for fun man,....

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 06:18 AM
link   
it�s just playing with thoughts
..nobody knows what�s next. But if christmas sales big hit will be "nuke war 1 the apocalypse" I will pack my shait and go to lapland

-ap

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Both of the scenerios you mentioned have been popular topics recycled through out scifi for years now. If anything, their mainstream popularity shows that the public is more interested in the possibility of the truth underlying some of those stories.

Just think, 5 years ago the Mary Magdeline as Christ's Wife theory was a fringe topic, a minor blip on the conspiracy radar (itself outside of the mainstream). Now the da Vinci Code is the most popular book since Harry Potter.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Haha. If you were thinking conspiracy and future events, I would definitely lean more towards anything by Tom Clancy. I think that this guy keeps it real and some of his books and games are scarey. Sum of All Fears? Sure, thats possible. Even if its a different group of people, he has thought of the idea. Anyhow, I used to think that the Government might try to break the ice by showing us movies of things like Alien Invasions or things of that nature, if they knew those sorts of things existed. Warm you up to the idea so if you actually witnessed it, you wouldn't be as chaotic. Who knows?

top topics

join