It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like the Ferguson decision comes down weekend of Nov. 8th

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
When the riot starts. Are they going to burn down and loot their own neighborhoods?

Like you, I don't get this unless they see it that looting and burning down the local store starves the IRS of income on profits or property taxes.

When protestors are not heard then you will always see riots if it continues and upsets enough people, its the way things are.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: UnBreakable

a reply to: beezzer

"Who cares"? Probably the law-abiding citizens and hard-working business owners of that community care who have to deal with their town destroyed with the ensuing violence.

c'mon....government aid, private donations, and insurance will come in and make them whole, they get to blame all the blacks in the town, keeping the "us versus them" alive and well, this will further strengthen the election of more white people in government because of the fear. businesses will have more sympathy from local government to NOT hire black people. and the LEO's will get a lot of overtime, just in time for Christmas shopping.

Boy, you're showing your true racist colors. Nowhere did I say the law-abiding citizens and hard-working busines owners weren't black. In fact, there were some white people demonstrating with blacks against the Brown shooting in Ferguson. It's bigotted viewpoints like yours which perpetuates the feelings in Ferguson.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: UnBreakable

Is it bad form of me to say "who cares?"

Violence and riots and violence and riots and violence and riots and violence and riots and violence and riots and violence and riots and violence and riots and violence and riots and violence and riots and violence and riots and violence and riots and violence and riots and violence and riots and violence and riots and violence and riots and violence and riots and violence and riots and violence and riots and violence and riots and violence and riots and violence and riots and violence and riots and violence and riots and violence and riots and violence and riots and violence and riots and violence and riots.

And there hasn't even been a verdict yet.

What you forgot to add was "destruction" and the fact that there hasn't even been a trial, if there is even cause for one, but yet other declare guilt.

The people protesting at Ferguson and their supporters remind me of the KKK for some reason.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

So...I read all the comments posted so far and the consensus seems to be that if no indictment is returned, civil disobedience will ensue in the form of riots?

My question...what exactly will that accomplish? What do the "change agents" leading the protesters hope to accomplish? What do they want? If they're looking for less response from the Law Enforcement agencies, how is violent protest going to accomplish that?

What did the riots in the 1960's accomplish? Some civil rights legislation to be sure, but at the same time, those riots resulted in accelerated "white flight" from the Urban areas of most all US cities. If there's great trouble in Ferguson won't that accelerate white flight from that area? Its all very odd to me because this situation can't be resolved through violence...and then again, it can't seem to be resolved peacefully either.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Rioting caused by outside agitators and instigators leads to an increased police state.

That's what is happening in Ferguson.

Happy Holidays this year.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: beezzer

No I'm with you let's end this feudal system. Its a disgrace modern America.

I prayed for peace.

It's madness.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
My question...what exactly will that accomplish? What do the "change agents" leading the protesters hope to accomplish? What do they want? If they're looking for less response from the Law Enforcement agencies, how is violent protest going to accomplish that?

sitting on your hands is guaranteed to achieve nothing and talking didn't work so it comes down to riots and those do sometimes provoke change as much as those in power would like you to think otherwise.

if the riots moves to major city's then people will sit up and listen but not if its all kept in some poor backwater town that has little in the way of anything.

The police are getting away with murder, this needs to be stopped as does the fake show trials because the judges are on the same payroll as the police and politicians else sooner or later it will become a full on revolution which worked to give the USA its freedom in the first place from the British.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

"The people protesting at Ferguson and their supporters remind me of the KKK for some reason."

And the police reminded me of the Schutzstaffel.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Rioting caused by outside agitators and instigators leads to an increased police state.

Hi friend, long time no see.

I don't think its outsiders and the people of Furgson have a right to be pissed off plus with or without peoples help we already have a police state where cops are well above the law as it is so maybe its time to do some house cleaning to remove the brown shirts.

If you need more sheep dogs than sheep then the farmer will soon be out of bushiness unless he turns to selling dog meat which you would like be a fox and all that

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
It all really depends on how the media covers it. Let's see if they bring water or gas.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Your suspicion would be correct. Some of the St. Louis downtown businesses have been notified of the decision date and warned of possible violence. My daughter is the General Manager of one of those businesses and will have her hands full starting on the eighth, considering the demographics of the patrons.

Folks in St. Louis are preparing for the worst, and hoping for the best.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard

originally posted by: TonyS

sitting on your hands is guaranteed to achieve nothing and talking didn't work so it comes down to riots and those do sometimes provoke change as much as those in power would like you to think otherwise.

if the riots moves to major city's then people will sit up and listen but not if its all kept in some poor backwater town that has little in the way of anything.

The police are getting away with murder, this needs to be stopped as does the fake show trials because the judges are on the same payroll as the police and politicians else sooner or later it will become a full on revolution which worked to give the USA its freedom in the first place from the British.

I agree the police are getting away with murder. There have been a number of instances lately where the police have overstepped their bounds and are involved in unjustfiable violence and killing.................. but, in the instance of Ferguson, I believe was a justifiable killing. IMHO from what I've seen, and I don't know ALL the facts, Brown demonstrated thuggish behavior before the shooting, from threatening the store owner over cigars to assaulting the cop, as the autopsy results have seemed to show. Try as they might, it seems the DOJ investigation headed by the victim friendly Eric Holder, couldn't even come up with charges that would stick. I don't believe Ferguson is the proper venue in this case to riot against police murder, as no charges coming down will garner no sympathy from everyone else.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

They have threatened to burn St.Louis county to the ground. Now is that all of St.Louis county? I mean there is north,west and south St.Louis county which is as large an area as Los Angles county is.

They have also threatened that if they 'don't' indict the officer,that they will kill someone in retaliation.And to Beezzer,I care. They have already crossed the river once before during all this. So yeah,things could heat up quite bad and cause us issues. My ex and brother in law live right there where it happened. My brother in laws house is right next door to where Brown was shot. By the way,has anyone seen the 19 rules the police have to agree to? Some of it is laughable. Yet they are wanting to police to agree to all this.From CNN:

www.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

All I can do is pray for peace and rational behaviour.

Argue after the verdict? Acceptable.

But to threaten prior to delivering a verdict?

That's not justice.

That's lynch-mob behaviour.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I suspect that the decision will be positive for Darren Wilson and result in a major temper tantrum by those who don't agree with the verdict.

"Missouri National Guard Reserves 100 Rooms in Downtown St. Louis – Starting Saturday"
www.thegatewaypundit.com...#!
"temper tantrum".....

careful, your bias is showing.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots

I suspect that the decision will be positive for Darren Wilson and result in a major temper tantrum by those who don't agree with the verdict.

"Missouri National Guard Reserves 100 Rooms in Downtown St. Louis – Starting Saturday"

www.thegatewaypundit.com...#!
"temper tantrum".....

careful, your bias is showing.

How is the term "temper tantrum" biased? I thought a was a kinder and gentler term instead of using the word "riot". I think "riot" has a stronger connotation of bias.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The date of Nov. 10th after 2pm has been going around. Dont know how this came to be.

As someone here in St. Louis, and only a mile or two from Ferguson, I will say that tensions are high. The Black Panthers apparently tweeted a few days back that they will be killing cops. Also, on a FB page dedicated to Brown, they all are claiming they will spread out into neighbor hoods and destroy houses as well. The protestors were chanting that the want Wilson dead during a football game. At this point they dont want justice, they just want their way.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

IMHO from what I've seen, and I don't know ALL the facts, Brown demonstrated thuggish behavior before the shooting

But the police are pushing people around all the time, acting like thugs, its part of the job and they are getting away with it all the time.

Often the police will keep pushing until someone does stand up to them so that they can justify their overtime rates and jobs and you could be right about this guy having it coming to him or not but that's no excuse for the police to point guns in everyone's faces who dare to question them over the killing I don't think.

Tazar guns are being used on the people as if they are cattle and its high time something was done about it.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Where does it end?

The cops, the state, the authority isn't going to go, "You win, loot, do whatever, we'll give you the cop so you can go kill him".

As long as the people are angry and feel that they are being treated unfairly, they will continue to vent their outrage.

So who blinks first?

Who is going to be the peacemaker here?

Who is going to be the bigger person, the better man?

Or will it be a continued blood bath laced with hatred, racial animosity and vitriol fueled by politicians and anyone pushing an agenda?

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: coop039
The date of Nov. 10th after 2pm has been going around. Dont know how this came to be.

As someone here in St. Louis, and only a mile or two from Ferguson, I will say that tensions are high. The Black Panthers apparently tweeted a few days back that they will be killing cops. Also, on a FB page dedicated to Brown, they all are claiming they will spread out into neighbor hoods and destroy houses as well. The protestors were chanting that the want Wilson dead during a football game. At this point they dont want justice, they just want their way.

If they think police were out of control before, just let them start killing cops and destroying houses. The National Guard there will make Kent State look like a sensitivity encounter group. They'll tame the Black Panthers into submissive pussy cats.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join