It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any thoughts on Russia - US relationship after elections?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Hey ATS.

Reading news on Russian media that Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia thinks that no matter who wins the elections, there is no point to expect that situation between Russia and US will get better.

And your thoughts on situation in US if Obama wins again. He did not bring anything good as far as I know...

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: flowofmysoul

Obama can't win again he is on his last term. With that democrats own the white house and Republicans have control of the seanet so their will be to much partisan bickering going on to worrie about Russia. Imho

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: flowofmysoul
Hey ATS.

Reading news on Russian media that Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia thinks that no matter who wins the elections, there is no point to expect that situation between Russia and US will get better.

And your thoughts on situation in US if Obama wins again. He did not bring anything good as far as I know...

Obama didn't bring anything good as far as I know either,

but if Obama wins another election, Russia and the Middle East will be the least of America's problems.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Well, wish you all the best then. I hope it wont affect normal citizens much.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I agree with the Russians on this one. I don't think a single thing will change. We have way too many idiots up in congress,the senate and the presidency to ever effect any type of change.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
they probably dont give a flying ** about our elections and whose the newest politician in DC

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I doubt there would be any kind of change until Obama is replaced in 2016. He can't run again.

Then it could change dramatically, depending on who wins that election. Russia is a Administration and State Dept. issue for the most part and Congress has little to no impact on that.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The Russian are most likely confused as traditional people think of the GOP as more aggresive party. However under Republican Bush Sr. Russia intervened militarily in both Georgia and Moldova with no real reaction from the US. Then under Republican Bush Jr. Russia again got involved in Georgia with little reaction from the US. In both countries taking parts of them as seperate Russian backed Republics. So with a Democrat in office Russia having suffered no blow back from before made its move in Ukraine. Only to face for the first time unified resistance from the US and Europe. This had to confuse the Russians who had just seen the US reputation as a world leader ruined by the Iraq war suddenly fixed by a new administation. So the Russian really have no idea what to expect and from whom. In particular when the same GOP who ignored Russia agression in the past is the same one complaining the US is not being agressive enough with Russia now.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

I think it is much more complicated then simple attack and no response or attack and response. I think I have very different view on politics in general with you. I just don't understand how Russia can make a move in Ukraine if US already made a move in Ukraine and it is the reason why there is conflict now. US miscalculated their actions in Ukraine, in result Russia took Crimea back and now Russia can work on Ruble promotion, making new contracts and trying to get independent from dollar.

Anyway coming back to what I said in the beginning, in every conflict there is a huge background event.
edit on 6-11-2014 by flowofmysoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The difference with the Ukraine is that it is a doorway to Europe strategically. No matter what Russia thought, they knew that the Ukraine is way different politically then going into Georgia as far as the West is concerned.
edit on 6-11-2014 by AudioOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Again...Obama is out of the picture. 2 terms per president...and a third only by act of congress I believe. He's done, isnt running and cant/wont get elected because of it.

We will be dealing with a whole slew of new heads,ideas, policies and inititives now....God Bless us all....its all gonna change.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

no matter who wins the elections

top topics

join