It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane of future. Windowless travelling

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Yeah I was thinking the same thing Zaphod. Not the first time this story has raised its head. I was only recalling with an old friend a few weeks ago that I dimly recalled seeing mention of development rumours of an exterior optical camouflage system on a local TV station. I don't recall for certain which program although I can make an educated guess, however I am quite sure of which station. I also don't remember exactly when but I would estimate we are talking around the 1985-87 period, possibly as early as 1984. I remember a video graphic of a delta or Ogival plan form aircraft shown from above moving over countryside and the scene below was being illustrated as being projected on the upper surface of the craft, presumably the same was happening from below. There was a narrative that went along with it that talked about claims there was research and testing of such a system being carried out in the US. Like I said, that was nearly 30 years ago so nothing would surprise me today on this subject.

LEE.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: thebozeian

Nothing that goes fast. Heh. Several F-16 pilots found that out by eating bits off the plane they were chasing. Heh.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Not that I fly a lot or anything, but even though my fear of heights has worsened over the years, I always choose a window seat. It's the best part of flying because you can see all the cool things like patchwork fields, cities from above, general nature-y awesomeness.

Another thing is, even though I get a little terrified during take-off/landing, I want to SEE that ground coming up to meet me if I'm about to die.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join