It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nature Around You That Could Be Photoshopped

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
BUT ISN'T......

You all know by now that I enjoy bringing you images of the world around you. Most of these are things most of us would never see, and some of them are things we just never take the time to notice. We are so enthralled with anything and everything electronic most of the time, we just neglect to appreciate the beauty the lives right along side of us. This is one of those threads and I hope that you enjoy it for what it is.

This is dealing with colors found in our animal and insect friends around the world. I have never seen any of these with my own eyes, but after this... I know that I am missing out on some spectacular views.

This isn't a Photoshopped – those are these animals' natural colors! Most animals land somewhere along the black, brown or yellow color spectra, but not these strangely-colored animals! Their unexpected colors illustrate that nature has a far more colorful and diverse color palette than you might have realized.
If there are any strangely colored animals that you think we missed, add them to our list! The only rule is that their color has to be natural.

So.......

Without further ado, I give you these images which you would automatically assume are photoshopped... But they are not.

This first one is one of my favorites (and my state bird!)...

Northern Cardinal

Purple Snail

Pink Dolphin

Red Velvet Ant

Pink Katydid

Black Rooster

Pink Robin

White Peacock

Pink Orchid Mantis

The Regal Ring - Neck Snake

Rainbow Cricket

Nicobar Pigeon

An interesting Chimeric Lobster

Yin and Yang anyone? Albino Crow

These are just a few. You can find more here....

www.boredpanda.com...

I would love to see any that you all can post up here. I love nature and don't think there is much more that is more beautiful than what is around us that we take for granted on a daily basis.

edit on 11/4/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
beautiful imagines, the mantis and the snake especially!
true most animals follow similar patters to blend in with their surrounding, but some i guess want to differentiate themselves and stand out of the crowd.
There is an Apple commercial in here somewhere i just know it!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

I'm glad you liked it. I didn't even think of an Apple commercial... But you may be right. I can see it happening.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Nice thread.

Source : Luc Viatour

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
But what do they taste like?

No really, they are amazing, I love nature!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Is nature trying to tell us something with this sort of mutation?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
But what do they taste like?

No really, they are amazing, I love nature!

Chicken.... Doesn't everything that doesn't moo, cluck, or oink taste like chicken? That's what everyone says anyway lol.

originally posted by: ckhk3
Is nature trying to tell us something with this sort of mutation?

Like what? There are brighter days ahead??

That would certainly be nice.

What do you think it is trying to tell us? Something is wrong or something is drastically changing?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

That is definitely one funky lobster if it tastes like chicken!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
It's all like a rainbow! Really cool.

My fave is either the pink robin or yin and yang.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Beautiful
Here to pick a favorite
Thanks for posting

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
And we should remember (I just did) that some of these colours and forms of life have been around for millions of years and survived. The pink katydid (a libelous name if there ever was one), for example, had to have escaped being eaten because he or she stands out amongst the scenery. Maybe predators think it's a flower. I've seen artwork of how the large extinct dinosaurs may have looked, and many of them may have been very colourful. -- Thanks for a great thread, and one that's worth sharing and keeping.
edit on 4-11-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I wonder if there is a waiting list to be reincarnated as one of those?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
ruex, those were magnificent!!!!!!!!!!!!! My mouth hung open looking at these photos! How come I never get to see such wondrous creatures? LOL Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Thanks Kang for sharing these! As I was going through the pics I was thinking of this guy here who is one of my favorites, not just for his coloring but for his impressive mating dance.

SnF

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Wow gorgeous! I love nature, especially sea critters which tend to be very colorful, but thanks for reminding me non aquatic critters can be colorful as well!

Lil

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Love this, as I've been wanting to take a photograph themed composition lately. To say this is inspiring. One for sure to be working on, wouldn't want to "shop" it too much but only to bring out colors, clarity, of outstanding animal patterns.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Some more interestingly colored animals:

The Mandarin Duck, or just Mandarin, is a medium-sized perching duck, closely related to the North American Wood Duck. The adult male is a striking and unmistakable bird. It has a red bill, large white crescent above the eye and reddish face and "whiskers". The breast is purple with two vertical white bars, and the flanks ruddy, with two orange "sails" at the back.

The lizard in the photo is not being manipulated (not a photo manipulation). It is now the latest exotic pet craze. Mwanza flat-headed agama's vivid blue-and-red colouring, is a lizard that has a body skin colour similar to Spiderman. Agamas, which are native to Kenya can be good pets, as they become tame and docile if handled regularly. It can grow up to a foot long, and a balanced diet for them includes locusts, crickets, meal worms and wax worms. They are unable to throw webs, but can change colour – the brightly coloured males will change brown at night or if frightened. They can also run on their hind legs, and can scale vertical walls like spiders.

And my favorite:

The Atelopus frog is known by many names such as the clown frog or the Costa Rican Variable Harlequin Toad. Whatever you call the frog, it is a neo-tropical toad that was once quite wide spread living throughout Costa Rica and Panama. The species is listed as critically endangered and is thought to be living primarily in Panama today.

Source

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Those are incredible!

OK story time the black rooster reminded me of because I'm 12. I took an Irish lit class and one of the poems we read was called The Little Black Ass about a donkey. Teacher cautioned us not to Google and had apparently made the mistake once in class to the amusement of the students and his horror. I think you all know where I'm going with this.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadoefax

Those are absolutely gorgeous!!! Thank you for sharing them with me here.

That frog is surreal.

a reply to: Domo1

Literally lol!! I see exactly where you are going with that!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I have a thing about snails, and that purple one is absolutely amazing. All of the images are, to be honest. Nature is full of things that continually surprise me with their beauty. Thank you for posting these. I really enjoyed them

I'm actually jealous of the photographers who were lucky enough to snap these amazing shots. In my career I've had some pretty good opportunities and I've seen a lot of things I probably wouldn't have if I'd been , say, a banker or a teacher but, I've never been lucky enough to capture anything like this. Crossing my fingers for someday, though

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join