It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists propose existence and interaction of parallel worlds

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: badgerprints
I was thinking about the existence of other universes. Supposedly there are enough alternative realities that any reality is possible.

What if one of those universes was a universe where there are no other universes?

Infinite really is unfathomable, if the theory is correct there's another universe out there that is 100% identical to this one except you ended that sentence with an excalamation point rather than a period. Then there would be another where you rule the world. I suppose there would even be one where the big bang happened 20 years later resulting in a universe that's identical to ours except it's 20 years younger, so it's 1994 there.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
a reply to: Bishop2199

Infinity divided by anything less than infinity is still infinity.

Right? Someone back me up here.

Infinity can't be divided by any finite sum. In order to quanity infinity you need to make it finite. Trying to divide infinity by 5 isn't 1/5 of infinity and it's not infinity either. It's an illegal operation, like trying to divide by zero.

Interesting sidenote though, an infinite series of numbers can be summed and the sum adds up to -1/12.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

I have experienced a few NDEs in the past and this correlates.

I believe in interactive dimensions / worlds / holographic multiverse to the extent that some are able to exist in both.

One particular experience of mine, and I won't say too much of it here as such things have previously brought ridicule from idiots and I don't need that, but suffice to say, I was unconscious in this world though partly conscious in another and aware of ''the waiter'' (not as in restaurant) a white being with large black eyes that communicate telepathically and I could sense absolute good from this being, this being could be described as 'alien' in appearance. This being was injecting my 'me' back into my body in this 'other' realm and I 'came back' in this world but briefly couldn't see, I asked where ''the waiter'' was and said he hadn't done my eyes yet and would have to go back so he could do them, I did and he did and I came back.

I wasn't being injected by any doctors at the time and it was very real. I really believe it wasn't some sort of psychology, it was truly a dimension thing.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

I can identify myself with you on the things you experienced.
Me myself have had many encounters with multi dimensional phenomena . Both in spirit as otherwise due to my turbulent youth and always had to rely on myself .

Maybe it got me searching to find comfort in the force behind all this . So I did open myself more to the possibilities that there were other realms beyond our 3 dimensional world.

Also because I follow science but ,back then it wasn't that broad in research or not that accessible as we now have on the Internet.

But my gut feeling and maybe the countless sightings and contacts Beyond our physical world tell me that this has got to be the biggest discovery when proven .

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Deju vu I assume is when people penetrate the barrier between different dimensions. Particles popping in and out of existence is the divergence between the universes I would say.

The universe we exist in is just an electron orbiting around a nucleus. Big and small things is actually the same thing, just observed from different perspectives.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
So if true, what does the multiverse sit in?

Are all multiverse's simultation models?

Does our consciousness return to the multiverse source when we die?

Is our consciousness multiple, with parts living out a life in other verses, perhaps even a part remaining at the multiverse source?

Do I ask too many questions?

I just had to ask these questions out loud whilst my head was still buzzing.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

So I did open myself more to the possibilities that there were other realms beyond our 3 dimensional world.

More out of dumb luck than intention, I happened to read "Flatland" when I was still quite young. Since that time, I have frequently found myself pondering how we, here in 3Dland, would view objects from 4Dland intersecting with our reality. In particular, I think about the part of the book where a sphere passes through Flatland and the Flatlanders see it as a point growing into a circle, which then grows in size only to shrink all the way back through to a point and disappear again.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LowTechRedneck

Your brother and you are correct. To truly understand the multi-verse, one must back to the Big Bang. This is when the multi-verse was created. As to those who believe that that for every decision made a new universe springs up, yeah, you are not that important, sorry. It take the power of a Big Bang to create a universe, let alone a multi-verse. It is here when muons and quarks and all the other itty bitty parts of the universe are created that they settle into a resonance of phase. This can be likened to the stations on your radio. Many universes occupying the same space but it depends on which one you are attuned to as to which one you are a part of.

Have we actually seen these other universes? Yes. It is through the light-slit experiment. A photon being a particle and a wave can be in more than one universe at a time. So why don't we see these other universes? It is the same reason that looking at the result of this experiment you see quite a bit of divergence, however when you try to observe the photons before the results, you get a single result. You see, by observing the photon before the result you are looking at the photon within your universe only. Hence you will only see the result of your universes photons.

Back to the radio. You can hear all stations when you press scan. They don't come through all at once, but they are there. Now if you select a specific station (observe a photon), you only get that station. You cannot hear all the other stations once you have selected a frequency. It is the same with us, we can only see the light that is resonant with our universe.

If you look at the multi-verse like this, then everything else falls into place. How can UFO's disappear? How can they move as they do, seeming to defy physics? It goes back to the light-slit experiment. They are not quite within our universe. The only thing we see is the light or energy coming from them. It bleeds over into this universe. When they speed away, they are not interacting with our reality. There is no sonic boom as light does not give off sound. Once the move to a universe that is resonantly more different, then can no longer see them.

Or so the theory goes...

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ObservingTheWorld

Correct, I often think that the Schrodinger paradox shows the human mind may exist in several reality's simultaneously or maybe better that the reality in which we exist is much broader than we perceive it and that our actual observation of event's with it's own quantum effect on states of reality and particle positions may dictate a path through parallel probability's,

(it is impossible to exactly say were something is as at sub atomic level's it exists in more than one location simultaneously and none which is an obvious paradoxical theory and semi observation of quantum states)

So I actually consider it possible that our consciousness is more like a determining factor in steering our reality, a reality band pass filtering if you like, we do not do it consciously obviously and have no conscious control but think of the random number generator test.

In essence the mind may steer un into reality's where those reality's outside the chosen realty are merely outside our awareness but still exist (brings to mind precognition, prolepsis, other feeling of knowing what is about to happen or steering your car one way only to find it ws to avoid something you had not seen), of course other quantum reality's/parallel universe would still exist were we had never interacted but our quantum double may well have and are they then truly separate from us and of course other reality's in which we never existed therefore must exist and possibly have there origins as you point out at the big bang, even other pristine earths right beside us on which humanity never existed or the dinosaurs never went extinct, or life never appeared.

Many do not believe in the Big Band citing current arguments about supposed flaws in red shift observation's but I do think it happened, I also think the even horizon of black holes may cause an area effect that ripples outward once they form were at that point just above the event horizon but behind all spaghettification (where the super field or string is drawn clean of any deviations by the intense gravity) of mass, energy and even quantum states makes it clean, so in essence any side reality's in which the same black hole formed are then merged or rather they have absolutely no difference meaning that perhaps they then remerge under the black holes gravity and this ripples outward.

edit on 3-11-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I've mentioned this theory before but I thought this would be a perfect example for it. What if WE are these "parallel universes" that are interacting with one another? We are all a single ONE (from our perspectives), but we know "others" exist, our neighbors, families, friends, etc.

The universe we see is an image created inside the brain, what's "outside" is only an illusion or hologram created by the brain. Technically we are all the universe experiencing and interacting with itself, yet I am not you and you are not me, we are all unique in our own ways. There is multiplicity (others) and unity (self) simultaneously.

So, yeah, I think this may be describing normal day to day interaction between different consciousnesses throughout this uni/multiverse.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
What is light made of? What are quarks made of? what is Gravity made of?
edit on 5-11-2014 by shamaniski because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: shamaniski

First two are described very well quantitatively as excited states of fundamental fields which appear to be created/configured at the beginning of the Universe. They're self-organized blips (and in quarks case, persistent blips) in a pervasive continuums. (there's a EM field and a quark field essentially occupying space overlapping one another).

Gravity...we know what it does at a big scale, but microscopically we're not sure. Is it an effect derivable from something else, or not? It interacts with everything and yet doesn't fit into the current configuration well.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Taking the multi-universes into a full play could UFO's be parallel travelers that get lost once in a while. Explaining why our physical laws don't apply to them is a different matter, unless they are only bound by the universal physical laws that apply to their realm not ours.
Ideas passing the boundary feel more likely than physical beings though.
Could that explain our jumbled prehistory where some capabilities just don't make sense? Slightly passing over the boundary might make the impossible like melting rocks very easy. How we lost that talent is the basis for completely different discussion.
I'll stop tossing ideas out now.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
What is the source of the irregularity that causes the occasional interaction with neighboring universes?

Could there be a 'storm' of sorts, in the infinite universes, that cause varying amounts of the repulsive force? , and how could that be propagated over distances like that?

Boggling stuff.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I wonder, if this ever is verified in any way, could it lend some support to those of us who've had or regularly have dreams that feel extremely real? Like alternate/second life type dreams. I've mentioned many times that I've had dreams like those, and definitely would like to believe they are real places somewhere in existence.

originally posted by: datasdream
Taking the multi-universes into a full play could UFO's be parallel travelers that get lost once in a while.

I can see that, in a way. A family cruising the galaxy's "highways" in their space RV suddenly finds themselves in a planet's atmosphere: "Christ Xfhliayh, you can't pilot for crap. I told you we should have taken the turn at Arcturus, I just knew it!" "Honestly Vrquegfl, we're on the right route, and this planet wasn't here last year!"

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: shamaniski

Light is made of photons.
Quarks are made of virtual particles arising from quantum fluctuation.
Gravity is a field made of gravitons.

Everything is made of energy and this energy fluctuates creating particles which pop in and out of existence (from energy to more solid particles.

This is how scientists were able to create light from the void/vacuum (Link) because "nothingness" doesn't really exist. Everything is energy so you can just convert that energy into photons/light (since they act as particles and waves).

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
It's my opinion that what we conceive of as "parallel universes" are really nothing more than parallel "dreamscapes." Think of different dream worlds that have different physical laws than those laws we find ourselves subject to in this one. We can experience at least three....this waking dream, plus a non-controllable dream world that we believe is also real while it exists and lastly the lucid dream, where the laws are very few in number, if any at all. JMO

a reply to: 0bserver1

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
So Bell was incorrect after all, there are local hidden variables. We just can't measure them directly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join