It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man claims TSA ignoring weapons made inside terminals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   

A security researcher claims the TSA is ignoring his claims that anyone can easily make weapons and explosive devices from items bought at gift shops after a passenger passes through the security checkpoint at airports.

Man claims TSA ignoring weapons made inside terminals

Hopefully they will post the entire news video. If it is I will post that also

video in news article now or here

edit on 31-10-2014 by bigx001 because: update to news article

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Obviously if you have the brains, you can make a weapon using house hold items.

The only thing I see going on here is removing more of our freedoms for more security Now holding a can of soda at some public area (like an airport) will become a possible terror threat. I don't think I'm exaggerating either.
edit on 31-10-2014 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
The airports/TSA will never remove inter-terminal canteens/gift shops/Duty Free stores. There is WAY too much money at stake.

How else will TPTB be able to gouge the # out of people for a bottle of water and a sandwich while they are inside a terminal for 9 hours while they wait on a connecting flight?

Not happening. But this will be a good excuse to hire 100x more TSA agents to act as roving security and will also act as justification to increase their scope of their powers and arm them.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: bigx001

Great, now we'll have two security lines at the airport.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

It always amused me how here in Australia we are not allowed nail clippers in your hand luggage .However once inside you can buy a quite sturdy pen to do the crosswords . Have you ever heard of someone being clippered to death .

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I can kill someone with a rolled up magazine... a ballpoint pen would be cake. That's not bravado, it's really quite easy because of the vulnerability of our neck and eyes.

Simple fact is: you'll never eliminate every single threat. Another simple fact is: after 9/11, passengers are not going to allow hijackers to take over a plane. No way. Even if they managed to kill a few passengers AND not be killed by the rest, they still can't get into the cockpit.

The TSA could allow knives on the plane and it wouldn't make much difference.
edit on 10/31/2014 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

It always amused me how here in Australia we are not allowed nail clippers in your hand luggage .However once inside you can buy a quite sturdy pen to do the crosswords . Have you ever heard of someone being clippered to death .

It's the little pointy nail file in a lot of clippers that they're worried about.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

remember "Good Fella's" when Joe Pesci stabbed the guy in the neck with the pen?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

So that would be a death with a thousand cuts . and yes i remember goodfellas .

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   

but , they want to confiscate things like this

it's a belt buckle, you can read about it here

seanwmalone.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
That seems time consuming.

You can buy a plastic knife.

Plastic Knives

Really there are so many things that can be used as weapons just about anywhere this is laughable.

Perhaps they should just start handcuffing everyone who is mildly in shape.

Prisoners shank each other all the time. They get their bottoms inspected. Still happens.

The TSA doesn't make me feel any safer. People making a crappy wage that deal with the public that long are going to be sloppy. I would say incentivize them but that would just make it worse. I actually feel for them. People trying to feed a family and crapped on by so many.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Some people may be technically correct in what they say but its clear they have been taken in by TPTB hook line and sinker

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   

You could break a pair of thin bifocal lenses, and then you have two tiny neck knives. You could snap the ears off a pair of glasses and plant them in someone's eye sockets, you could throttle someone with your tie, or a thin belt, or a modified earphone lead. Hell, you could just reach over a snap a persons neck bare handed if you were determined to mess someone up, and if you REALLY wanted to drop some people, you could just wait your chance and drop the air Marshall, steal his or her piece, and really go GTA on the plane.

The TSA are essentially moot, and the stuff they catch is stuff that gets caught at airports in nations which do NOT have draconian security organisations and measures in place. There is no need for kids to be manhandled by government goons, to get the job of the TSA done.

The only effective measure at removing the terror threat, is removing terrorists before they ever reach the airport.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
TSA is the biggest joke ever. They've done nothing to increase security at all. In fact they worsened it by replacing highly trained custom agents with untrained unvetted people in positions of power. The TSA is about increasing the police state not keeping us safe.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
TSA always annoyed me, but after flying into Germany and seeing how simple the Airport at Dusseldorf was... it seriously offends me now.

As stated above... its a placebo effect while they get people used to intrusive searches for no good reason.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

I have to agree for once, if someone really wants to they re going to you cant stop it so relax on robbing me of my freedom

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
none of the explosives you can make after the tsa checkpoint can take a plane down, everyone admits that even the guy in the video, but you can make something that will help you defeat the security door and take over the aircraft.

did you see the business class blunder buss? that could kill a person

new topics

top topics

join