It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too funny..Fox and switches views yet again..lol

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Whats too funny is that no matter what OBama is not responsible for anything he has ever done.

Even more funny Obama hasn't put up with half the snip GW has, and still puts up with.

But hey keep making excuses for the current administration that has been an EPIC failure.

And create yet another 'Fox News Sucks' Thread.

GD it's great to be a Democrat!!!

Never responsible for ANYTHING.
edit on 31-10-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Almost forgot.

Ain't it 'strange' that after YEARS gas prices suddenly 'go down' jut in time for the midterms!

There's a conspiracy in there folks.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: Aleister

my dad was telling a story of back when he was a kid.
said there were always gas wars between gas stations.

told us one about how two stations that were across the street from one another were going back and forth lowering price.
the winner was the one that put up on his sign,

you pay the tax will give you the gas.

That's back in the day when there were a lot of independent gas stations, who could set their own prices. Now the independent have been driven out by the big oil companies who run their stations and set strict prices, ensuring there are no more "gas wars" between gas stations sitting on the same intersections.

When Oil Companies Drive Out Independent Gas Stations
(nytimes.com)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Well gas is still 2x expensive than in Jan 2009.

but it's below the price of august of 2008, you know, just 4 months prior to your above date...but during W's reign by the way...no Obama then, right?.....
www.journal-news.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Fail.

If it were twice as expensive I would be paying between 7 and 8 bucks a gallon. It's around 3.50 here, about what it was in 2008/09, maybe a bit less. I was a driver(not OTR, delivering locally in my own car) so I know damned well what I was paying at the time. That was when it ballooned to around 4 bucks because all the financial crap a going on at the time.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
Fox News contorts to blame Obama for gas prices, high and low

Rachel Maddow busts Fox News for trying to find fault with President Obama in gas prices sinking to the lowest they've been in four years after spending considerable effort to blame him when prices were higher.

Fox news the most idiotic of the News networks..lol

First High gas prices are bad for the economy..Obama to blame. Now gas prices get lower..bad for economy..blame Obama..lol

Gas prices low?

Praise Obama!

And the elections are looming but that's just a coincidence right?

Peace

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412
But what I'm talking about is going from $3.89-$4/gal for diesel in the middle of July to dropping nearly .50 to roughly around $3.30-$3.40/gal, that's a lot of decrease for this time of year

Back to my original statement tho, if ISIS is selling the oil that they are stealing dirt cheap as reported, who's to say that, that in itself isn't affecting the overall costs of fuel

Between the blends you get about an 8% price drop out of the 15% you're noticing. This is because the Butane in the fuel which costs virtually nothing is increased from 2% to 15%. The rest of it is purely election season politics, which usually gets you another 8-10% off.

ISIS selling black market oil is possibly a factor but I don't think they'll be able to ship it to the US. They're most likely selling to Europe and Asia. However, something you might not be aware of is that the Mexican cartels have been siphoning oil from Mexico and their revenue from that is growing pretty steadily. They tap the lines, fill tankers, then drive it across the border and sell to the refineries in Texas at very low prices. I don't know exactly how much they're selling but it's a pretty significant chunk of what PEMEX pumps out of the ground and it all flows into the US. That could be a contributor.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Average gas prices--January 26, 2009

Average gas prices--July 14, 2008

Ain't Google a wonderful thing?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

OMG !!!

No wonder I said January 2009.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

OMG !!!

No wonder I said January 2009.

But neglected to mention that the price was twice that just 6 month before Obama took office. So the Archer was right.

Fail.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Well I will blame Bush !!

Otherwise, I agree.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Here's what I know and have seen. I lived in Phoenix until March '09 then moved to Vegas. I have never seen in either place gas less than 3.50 since it skyrocketed in '08. Your link may be correct but I haven't seen gas that cheap since the early '90's.

Maybe it's different in other places. Must be nice to get gas at those prices. So I'll amend my statement to just a partial fail.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Why do we only hear gas prices connected to presidents in election season? I've always been under the impression that presidents have very little to do with gas prices, even when bush was in office it was never something I really blamed him for.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Connecting gas prices to midterms in particular is a bit of a stretch.

"Gee, I was on the fence, but gas dropped a dime - guess I'll vote incumbent!" is not a line that gets uttered with great frequency, I'd imagine.

Lamest October Surprise ever?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join