It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody else love messing with delivery drivers????

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ
a reply to: Night Star

Oh lord sweet baby Jesus he had to walk up three flights of stairs. Let me call the labor union and demand he get $25 bucks an hour and free healthcare.

I used to manage a pizza place. I have been bitten by dogs and forced to go to the ER out of my pocket because it was policy to do so. I have had drivers get robbed/mugged at gun point and with knives... and get bit and attacked by dogs too (pretty standard really).

When I was attacked by a dog the lady let it by her when she opened the door. When it bit me she blamed me and said "he only bites people that deliver food"... Needless to say I called all the places that deliver in our area and black listed her. I also called the city and had her dog taken away from her and quarantined. Paybacks a b!tch.

Next time you dismissively condescend someone for their "easy" job you need to think twice.

I am retired now and may decide to deliver pizzas for the hell of it so I can flip the boxes upside down in my car, and flip it back over before it gets to the door... when people write this kind of condescending "monkey on a rope party tricks" for their amusement.

expect retaliation, if not now then later.
edit on 31-10-2014 by Volund because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2014 by Volund because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

I have been in a food industry/trade for a few years with a culinary arts degree.

My only question for you is, have you ever seen the movie "waiting?"

Don't f$&@ with the people who handle you food.

One of my best friends was a pizza delivery guy. I was sick to my stomach the jokes they pull on customers like you. I honestly think that you should stop all shanaigans and tip better. You will get better results.

I not going to bother with the details.

Good luck OP

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Come to New Zealand and do that and you'll be a legend then offer them a doobie and you'll get the best pizza/service next time
edit on 31-10-2014 by icanhearmusic because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2014 by icanhearmusic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

I'D also leave a special gift on the pizza as well.

I was thinking the same thing. Piss the right person off, and you may get something on your pizza you didn't order.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Oh for crying out loud, lighten up people, the guy tries to put some humor into something. I can see most of you are social misfits who sit and glare at your monitor all day long. Because in the REAL world stuff like that happens. Not everyone is Jimmy Fallon or Dave Letterman, but an attempt at humor without insulting the person should be ok. Many of you will make a prank phone call or pull a practical joke and won't bat an eye, but if God forbid someone's else's humor isn't like yours you get all holier than thou and crap.
And oh yes I worked in the food industry for many many many years and never once spit or put anything nasty in someone's food. Didn't need to. But you guys want to destroy someone's meal for having a sense of humor. You want to piss or sh_t or spit on someone's food.....I guess that's better than telling a joke. I swear there's some warped people around here.
Doesn't matter what line of work you do, occasionally you're going to get ribbed by a customer. That's life. Get used to it. You smile, use those life skills your mama taught you and handle the situation with a good attitude with your game-face on.
You don't go crying to mama or retaliate because someone pulled a good-natured joke. WTF is wrong with some people.
I wouldn't want to be around anyone who is so thin-skinned they can't handle something like this. That's one of those minor things in life.
Grow up and learn how to take a joke!

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

Rather its true or not the OP put that he/she has had them do the hokey pokey...
If it's not true tho, why say you do/did it?
I think that is the comment that got most people as that is one that got me.
If he/she does tip rather well then it does kinda off set the time wasting but doesn't make it any less demeaning.
And your right, things like this are gonna happen and you just gotta suck it up, worked sales and retail almost my entire work life.
Doesn't mean you go and brag about how you like to play games with the people providing you a service.

I bet this guy or gal was swamped tonight since it was a rather busy night for sports and sports and pizza go together like peas in a pod.

(post by nOraKat removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
The hokey pokey may be nice but you know the truffle shuffle is better! And worth a larger tip. Next time order the pizza under the name One-Eyed Willy.

edit on 31-10-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I'll take some heat off of the OP. Personally I don't believe in tipping!

edit on 31-10-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

(post by ScientiaFortisDefendit removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I really do not see the problem with this and really would find it amusing if someone did it me.

Also a lot of people seem tho think that the delivery person actually has to perform the task as oposed to just knocking on the door.

I am pretty certain that the Op is not going to miss his dinner because someone does not want to play along.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Grow up

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I guess delivery people can take jokes better than people on ATS.

Noted for next time only post horrible despicable things on ATS unless you want to get chewed up by people.

Ill go enjoy my pizza now.

Peace Nancy's

its funny man...
you should keep doing it...sounds like people in this thread are just uptight...

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

a reply to: Night Star

Oh lord sweet baby Jesus he had to walk up three flights of stairs. Let me call the labor union and demand he get $25 bucks an hour and free healthcare.

i know right....

crazy hard job description huh...

driving....
carrying items....
how do they manage to do it???
hahahahah

sometimes they have to carry 2 liters up flights of stairs...
waaaaah......

wish carrying soda was the worst that my jobs have had to offer....
i dont think some people have any idea how rough some jobs can be..
delivering za's is not one of them....

hell around here drivers make like 10 bones an hour with a few billies extra if they put the dumb ass logo on their car....
seems like a decent wage for driving and carrying things

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

Do you think people that are on the clock working have time to be playing your little games and tricks?

i know you didnt ask me but yeah, i think they have time...
i dont know the kind of delivery drivers you all get but around these parts we dont exactly get mr/mrs work ethic.

they roll through about an hour after the order was places, looking all stoned(cause they are)..

so yeah, i think john q 17 year old that just smoked a bowl on the way to deliver my food has time to play a game....

edit*
wakeupbeer, i was going to post the mr pink rant....i agree with what he said.

why do people think that the tip(of 15%) should be automatic? people have little tip calculators to make sure they are spot on...

i dont understand....

i thought the tip was supposed to be incentive to do a good job? am i wrong in that?

another question i have always asked and never really gotten an answer is

why am i expected to tip more if my meal costs more?

i dont get that...

if i go to a restaurant and order a porterhouse with all the trimmings i am supposed to give the waitress more than if i ordered a grilled cheese?
dont think so
edit on 31-10-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Dang I tip $10+ for every order under $40 and have been told the delivery guys fight over who gets to deliver. $20 seems like A LOT.

Figure they can use it more than me and am now thinking about upping it. Next time I order I think I'll ask about the annoying customers with specific or absurd requests.

If anyone is in Seattle area try Jet City Pizza. Freaking delicious. Tons of awesome toppings. A little pricey. If you're gluten or dairy free they have options. Gyro pizza is amazingly good. They also got me hooked on artichoke hearts on pizza. NOM. Also try the boneless chicken bites. Randomly decided to try this place since neither Dominos or Pizza Hut deliver and have been rather impressed. Stay away from jalepno bread, gross and a rip off. Everything else is really good. I may be hungry.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Those delivery people probably think you are an idiot. If I were the pizza delivery person I'd be tempted to spit in the food if people treated me like that.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join