It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S.O.S. THREAD SUBMITTED WITHOUT A TITLE!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I just tried to submit a thread accidentally leaving out the title.... the page that loaded told me to hit the back button on my browser, but when i did... the whole post was gone... please say there is a way to retrieve this... it was written in the Education & Media forum...

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: funkadeliaaaa

Depends on your browser. Sometimes firefox can 'save' it if you press forward again. But... maybe not, since you've started this thread.

TOP TIP: If writing a long thread, highlight your text and use CTRL + C to copy occasionally. Or type it in notepad before copying over.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I feel your pain OP, but I fear your post/thread is gone forever. That happens to a lot of us from time to time and the best bit if advice I can give you, is to suggest that anytime you have a post that you put a lot of effort into or took a lot of time to type out??? Save it. Save it in Word or just use the copy/paste option within your browser before you hit the reply button.

It will save you a lot of anger and frustration and once you get used to copying it before you hit the reply button, it will be like second nature.

I wish there was a way we could retrieve it but alas...

I'm sorry I couldn't be the bearer of better news.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Luckily... the core of it was copied from an already saved IM message conversation... so i have that... but i added more than a few paragraphs to say the least to what i originally had.. at least...
I just have to breathe calmly and realize what's at stake here (only the whole of western civilization).. and ask that by some miracle it may be rewritten as painlessly as possible...

thanks for your time... and condolences .. it help..
time to get rewriting i guess... wish me luck.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Good luck and don't let it put you off posting. If nothing else it pays to be vigilant.

I find myself copying long posts for the very reasons you mentioned above. Nothing worse than typing something out, only to lose it.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Lazarus. It saves as you type. If you lose it you click the icon and it's saved.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Never post lengthy original or important posts on-site! Always compose these off-site in document form 1st saving frequently... then cut n paste into ATS!!!
ALWAYS!

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

what's at stake here (only the whole of western civilization)

Wow cant wait!

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join