It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Filming a Police Officer a "Domestic Threat"? Austin Activist on Trial for Videotaping an Arres

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock
Okay, so he was charged with failure to follow a lawful order for not placing his hands behind his back while in the process of being arrested. Why was he being arrested and thus how was the order lawful in the first place? I know folks here are claiming he was obstructing but then where is the obstruction charge? Seems this does have something to do with him filming and they know they cannot charge him for that.

I see they claim he spit on the officer and tried charging him with felony assault of a public servant but that charge was tossed. No sure how spitting on an officer could be felony assault but perhaps that exposes the mentality of these particular officers.

I think many of these officers will try anything to keep from being recorded... but more and more police departments are requiring the officers themselves to wear cameras .. and in those police departments the behavior of officers has drastically improved.. If it's not on film, it's your word against theirs and they usually win.
edit on 10/29/2014 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
They don't call it the Criminal Just-Us System to be cute.

All those in the club are exempt unless they want to run a Psyops on the public to make you think Justice is being served equally its common practice every once in a great while a brethren will take one for the team to keep the illusion alive.

No mystery

Whats next? Secretary Runtsfeld Poem about Unknowns and Known Unknowns doesn't apply to me...I know all of it and never signed a nondisclosure agreement. However I will shut up for 100 mil.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo

You are a mind trickster and propagandist for the system. You do no greater disservice than spreading your discordance to the people.

I'm flattered, really I am. Look, I'm no fan of the increasing police militarization, but if you look at this guy that was arrested, he's some "social justice warrior" that takes every perceived impropriety of a peace officer and blows it out of proportion. Yes, there are many many crooked cops. But for every instance of a "bad cop" there are dozens of good cops out there who just do their job and try to keep their heads down. But I will restate:

Filming a police officer is fine.
Obstructing that police officer from performing his/her duty is not.

This is an old story, anyway. Guy was arrested in 2012.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Filming a police officer is fine.
Obstructing that police officer from performing his/her duty is not.

This is an old story, anyway. Guy was arrested in 2012.

And yet there were no obstruction charges. Only a felony assault of a public servant charge that was tossed by a grand jury in place of failure to follow a lawful order charge.

It may have happened in 2012 but the reason it has made news again was because the trial was concluding. And the results:

A jury has found Antonio Buehler not guilty of failing to comply with the order of an officer on New Year’s Day 2012.

Source

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo

Filming a cop performing an arrest? No, I don't think there's anything wrong with documenting a legal procedure.

Interjecting with comments and disobeying lawfully given orders? That's just dumb.

The man behind a camera is supposed to be neutral. He's there to watch and make sure nothing wrong happens. But when he starts saying things and ignoring an officer, he's putting everyone at risk. In the moment it takes for a cop to respond to him, the suspect could have a knife out and slash his throat. Simple as that.

I think it's a good cause but he can't be distracting people from performing hazardous duty like trying to arrest someone.

And if that lady had done what the cop asked, he wouldn't have been able to get away with pulling her out of the vehicle. That's assault because no, police officers still can't just pull people out of a car without setting a legal presence. Get out of the vehicle is a lawfully given order. Disobeying it any way opens up a world of trouble.
source: I knew enough about the law a few years to have passed a bar exam. Thank you penal system, I got myself out of jail a few times that way haha
edit on 30-10-2014 by thisguy27 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join