It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

got my settlement...10 grand to spend...which of these cars to buy?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I like the Buick. I'm not a mechanic or anywhere near one, but i love the big body cars. It may never be a GN but it's a beautiful car imo. I'm 6'3" and cant stand small cars. I just bought a 93 Grand Marquis from an old man who owns a funeral home, 60k miles for 1,000 dollars just needed a battery and an oil change (its kinda ugly too, sitting in the sun mostly for 20 years will do that, perfect interior though) I've put about 900 miles on it so far zero problems, cannot beat that deal no matter who you are. In those miles there was one rainy-day highway donut while no one was around

I dont know much about the Dodge SRT other than it is a dodge neon and i've only known one person who has owned one (still does, i live with them and drive it on occasion) and the thing even with regular maintenance breaks down CONSTANTLY. I've lived with them for a year and a half and it's in the shop every other month. Everything from bent valves to bad ignition, seized shift cable, wheel bearings, the problems go on and on and they happen literally every other month. Been out of the shop for about 6 weeks and the check engine lights already on. It's a 2005 btw and had like 100k miles before the bent valves and engine swap. They've spent probably 3k on that car in this time just in repairs.

I'd say buick #1, Nissan 300 second, one of the mustangs 3rd (I'd say the 87)

To the person who said lease a car these cars will be worthless in 3 years. These are things of beauty. There are few new cars that can compare, and leasing a car is imho one of the worst things someone could do involving a car, short of driving it off a cliff.

edit on 9-11-2014 by Bundy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
300ZX, one of the cars on my list that I still wish to buy.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I would go for the 300 ZX

That will become a classic one day for sure.

Tom

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
If you watching only this models, I advice you to buy Mustang
If not, buy RX-8, the perfect one

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
94 twin turbo!

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

mustang you can get parts the older cars check if you can get parts