It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GDS 3000 Water Generator - Is this real?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It's to weed out the sharper ones. If someone is so dim as to not notice the blatant spelling and grammatical errors then they are more likely to be suckered in.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

Good point. P.T. Barnum is smiling right now.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: PuterMan

You miss my point. It is not a reason to be suspicious because they refer to the output in watts/per hour which is a perfectly valid way of describing generator output.

It isn't, though. "Watts per hour" is a nonsense unit. Watt-hours are Watts * hours. Watts/hours doesn't make sense in any way as a unit, though.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Can you explain why? As far as I am aware all power generation is expressed in watts/hour, for example megawatt hours (MWh), kilowatt hours (KWh) etc. This would be 3 kilowatt hours. Sounds OK to me.

Nothing is expressed in Watts/hour, because that doesn't make sense as a unit.

Megawatt-hours, kilowatt-hours and the like are a unit of energy, not power, and are multiplicative. A watt-hour is an amount of energy. A Watt is a unit of power. Power and energy are not the same. Power generation is rated in Watts, kW, MW and the like. A generating plant has a power output, not an energy output. So you rate a plant in kW or MW outputs, not kw/hours, or kw-hours.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Gee, I must have spent 5 years programming power stations in Ireland under an incorrect assumption.

Maybe so.

I can assure you that the output of power stations is measured in megawatt hours

No, it is not. The output is measured in megawatts. How many megawatt-hours the plant produces depends on how long you run it, and at what output level.

thus a 300Mw unit may produce a sustained 300 Mw per hour, or less.

No. A power plant running at a 300MW output for an hour has produced 300MWh of energy. The power output is 300MW, if you run it at that level constantly. If you run it at 150MW for two hours, you have still produced 300MWh of energy, but at a rate of 150MW.
edit on 28-10-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

I am interested. I have some cool stuff to share with you as well.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join