It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Lizards Evolve Rapidly, Within 15 Years and 20 Generations

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: PhotonEffect

Scientists are human. They have egos just like everyone else. Sometimes those egos block new ideas from gaining acceptance. That is why I am always careful to describe science and what science says. Not what scientists are saying.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Scientists are human. They have egos just like everyone else. Sometimes those egos block new ideas from gaining acceptance. That is why I am always careful to describe science and what science says. Not what scientists are saying

It's admirable of you, but science doesn't "say" anything. It's the scientists who do all the saying; speaking on behalf of their discoveries, research, methodologies etc etc... which they then interpret and submit for peer review and testing. The science is what pops out at the other end, when a consensus "view" comes to be. However other interpretations of the findings may exist.

I'm not sure anyone could describe a science that hasn't been passed through some filter first.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: PhotonEffect

Well in that regard, I also recognize that nothing is definitively proven. Especially in regards to cutting edge science. I can be a little bit more sure of established science though since it has a large body of evidence (from many different scientists) corroborating it. The more people who study and review it, the better the chances that human egos and confirmations biases can be removed from the process. Of course, nothing is perfect and a few bad eggs may slip through, but eventually they will be weeded out. The thing is, eventually could mean a lifetime or two, but that's ok with me. The path of scientific knowledge is a long one that will continue long after I am dead, so I am ok with a hoax or two taking a while to be discovered.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join