It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ghosts and static electricity.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
i was wondering if ghosts create or have an effect on static electricity ? i remember in school an experiment where a piece of goldleaf was charged by static electricity and the goldleaf raised up to the horizontal position. could we detect the presence of ghosts in this way ? i have been thinking that millet seeds in a plastic container would make a good detector because the seeds get attracted to the sides of the container and jump around.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I have read about some super secret areas being able to detect people remote viewing their way into the site through the astral plane. There was some kind of faint electromagnetic signal, not sure about all the technical details. Maybe it is just a good story or some hazy science fiction that is not quite there yet.

Have been some ghost stories involving electromagnetic interactions, like recording on tapes. To make some device that can pick up on a ghosts static electricity, something that can pick up your static electricity appears like a reasonable place to start.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev i would have thought that remote viewing was not an energy presence but a tapping into the collective energy bucket of life experiences but you may be correct. If they can detect remote viewers then they can detect other energy signatures too. Ghosts aliens etc

T

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: qmantoo

Maybe they all work with the same energies or systems, maybe it is kinda similar, but all a little different. The heart has a big influence on the electromagnetic field around you. I am not sure how much electromagnetic energy it takes to have some perception in time and place.

From what I have heard about ghosts, they generally have a life span of about 300 - 400 years. Sounds like once they are lost in time it is much harder for them to maintain a connection. Some may of been able to continue longer through ongoing ritual and ceremonies.

As for the aliens and others, I would not be surprised to find the truth is stranger than fiction.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The spirits I saw were not associated with any electrical phenomenon. At the time of "sighting" there were no lightning storms, generators running, or power lines overhead.

Wondering though, what the blue light or glow is associated with so many phenomenon.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I read about the lifespan of ghosts - 300 to 400 years. There was somebody who once said they saw one "disintegrate" in an attic and never seen again. It just decomposed from a transparent figure to lots of floating points of light which faded out.
Most of the time, they are reported to absorb energy - a room suddenly turns cold or cold bubbles of air are felt moving up or down stairs along with a change in magnetic field strength.

You could try play using the built-in magnetometer of your smartphone. I did this once rainy Saturday afterrnoon. Went round and found all the magnets on appliances (door locks, loudspeakers and motors), power-lines and nail studs behind walls. The magnets would generate a field of 1000uTesla

The strangest thing was when I detected a similar strength magnetic field from a single point on my bed pillow, but there was absolutely nothing there. Thought it was something wrong with the phone, and restarted the app. That magnetic field did disappear, but then I found it again floating up close to the ceiling. Gently moving the smartphone upwards from below, sideways from all four directions and all orientations of the phone, I kept picking up this strong (1000uTesla) field even though there was nothing there.

I've wondered whether it was just a dust particle of a rare-earth metal magnet that was small enough to float in the air, or whether it was something more ethereal.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I have a heard what sounded like a whole room full of people come through a speaker. The speaker was not connected to a power source.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Since ghosts have never been observed scientifically .. I'd have to say I don't know... I do know that a lot of alleged ghost encounters have occurred where high EMF is found.. but tests have shown that high EMF causes "the willies" any way.. it has an effect out on us physically .. this is usually near power lines or even just bad wiring ..

I have seen a lot of paranormal investigators use electrostatic generators on TV and claim to have results.. but none of what I've seen convinces me.

I'm not saying ghosts don't exist.. I'm just saying that to date, there's been no science to support it.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
The spirits I saw were not associated with any electrical phenomenon. At the time of "sighting" there were no lightning storms, generators running, or power lines overhead.

Wondering though, what the blue light or glow is associated with so many phenomenon.

Power lines do not have to be over head, there does not have to be electrical issues.. EMF can be high with everything seeming absolutely normal... depends on the shielding in the lines within the building/area you're in and a host of other things.. also magnetic fields do not even have to be electronic in nature.. but it's definitely established that magnetic fields have a strong effect on us in the right amounts..

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Ive heard that they do usually cause forms of electrical interference, electronics dying, static, emfs. So there could be something to that. those ideas you have may be useful as Ive heard the EMF meter has been more discredited as they are more sensitive and a poorly insulated wire can set them off. Those ideas you have sound like they might mot set off as easily

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: miniatus

Power lines do not have to be over head, there does not have to be electrical issues.. EMF can be high with everything seeming absolutely normal…

EMF or field strengths or readings on a meter are one form of evidence that is combined with other concurrent evidence to substantiate a claim of something paranormal.

For instance:

The presence of a residual energy or a spirit causes a change from the baseline EMF. This is why our EMF meters are a valuable tool during an investigation as it provides measurable data that can back-up other evidence.

For example, if our meter detects a drop in temperature, a spike in the electromagnetic field, and we were able to record a voice or footsteps at that moment, we will have in my opinion some substantial information. It is difficult to debunk three pieces of corresponding data.

Link

When I said there were no electro magnetic sources nearby I meant that was not a likely source for what I was sensing that could attribute to paranoia or hallucinations produced by strong EMF.

As well there are others who experience paranormal phenomenon and smell ozone (from electrical discharge) associated with the event. They also record cracklings and or see sparks, arcs, etc.

None of these phenomena were associated with my sightings either. I didn't have an EMF meter by the way, I wasn't "ghost hunting" at the times in question.

But I didn't need one, I could see the sprits. That, plus other eyewitnesses and still others who reportedly see the same things in the same locations over the years was good enough for me.

In fact in a couple cases the spirits manifested were so real in appearance that I thought they were real people until later when somebody told me that what I saw was a known or even famous ghost.

Workman at the Winchester Mystery House

The lady in Blue in a Saratoga, Ca Hotel

Boy who hung himself in Juvenile Hall.

That last one was not "human looking" just a "cloud" of mirage and glitter. But famous none the less in that cell.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I think what we need is a more thorough understanding of the circumstances which are needed for ghosts to manifest themselves and what they produce when they do. We have lots of odd pieces of evidence for the paranormal and maybe now we need it all tied together to form a few theories we can test in a more scientific way.

Of course we cannot really make it scientific investigation because we dont have repeatability but we can move towards that direction by collating all the information we do have and testing it against the hypotheses.

If anyone does go ghost hunting, maybe they could test the millet seeds in a plastic container idea and see if they get any static electricity reaction off the entity.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

now we need it all tied together to form a few theories we can test in a more scientific way.

I agree. Yet total absolute proof is fleeting. I can only attribute it to the rules they play by.
They do play. Like a prankster that rings doorbells and runs or makes prank telephone calls, ghosts have qualities like humans, probably because they are, or were, or whatever.

Jumping out and going boo is a favorite past time for some people, too. The idea is to hide and then frighten… right?

If people set up cameras and wait for the boo, thats no fun. Kind of ruins it.

Just one observation.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
There is a gizmo out there called the EM pump which when turned on, throws out electromagnetic charges on the idea that some ghosts can use that energy to manifest in some way.?you need to keep it away from sensitive electronics though. I have never used one but those who have say it does help create ghostly activity in what area you are checking out. I am on the fence about this one as high EM can cause havoc on the human body....aches, supposed hallucinations (although I have never known anyone who was effected that way.
reply to: miniatus

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Dont know if :helping: an entity by supplying energy is necessarily a good idea. I dont mean that it might be a bad thing to do but just that since we all may be floating about in a sea of energy, it may be unnecessary. Sounds like it was an idea from someone who thought there may be weak ghosts and strong ghosts and they would be :helping: the weaker ones manifest easier.

Personally i believe that there are some folks over the other side who help ghosts who are ready to move on and up and that is their "job" they have chosen to do.

Having said that however, i do think that ghosts appear to extract the energy from the air and make it colder and also drain batteries occasionally. We assume this is so they can use the energy to manifest but noone knows really why they do it.

a reply to: SanFrancisco1956

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I talked about something like this a few years ago here about the use of some kind of EM or wireless electrical device being used in ghost hunting.

There seems to be a common agreement that ghosts interfere with electronic devices, and can drain batteries, but no repeatable proof to show they are definitely using it to manifest.

That, really, is the biggest hurdle in the "science" of ghosts or paranormal activity: It's just not reliable. Thousands of different people having thousands of different experiences. Many have similar, but there is no way to consistently test or repeat, so it remains a bunch of "similarities" and the like.

We did some experimenting with hacked up wireless chargers that we basically made unsafe, trying to push them to produce more amperage than they were regulated to. Never amounted to much though.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Sometimes long electrical cables pick up radio waves as can be demostrated by crystal radio sets. The wire acts as a long arial so what you may have been hearing was a radio station, however, I am not discounting that this may have been something different.

top topics

join