It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Level BS #15: The Government Conspiracy to Kill Tesla Motors Innovation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

re: "I don't think Tesla has any aspirations beyond staying niche,..." I agree. You guys seemed to have hashed out the manufacturer-dealership problem/paradigm, but I wanted to remind people that they'll always stay niche based on path dependency. The entire Interstate highway system and all the state maintained roads are dependent on gas. The infrastructure cost to have charging stations across would be enormous. If that cost was internalized into the cost of the car even the rich couldn't afford. Ever driven an auto diesel (car/light-weight truck)? There's maybe 1 auto diesel pump for every 6 stations (don't confuse plain diesel with auto diesel -- no way you can fit that big-gauged pump into in Audi). Think about how few charging stations would be available for a non-fossil fuel. Were stuck with hydrocarbons powering our automobiles and Telsa Motors will forever be a niche market. They do and have made great cars however. I wish Musk and his brilliant team all the best.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Hey, do one a full episode on the DHS (it may require some original research!! : ).

Good show!

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join