It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mukpo Ebola Free

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Good news:

OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — An American video journalist being treated for Ebola is now free of the virus and will be released soon, the Omaha hospital where he is being treated said Tuesday.

A recent test showed Ashoka Mukpo's blood is negative for the virus, according to the Nebraska Medical Center. The test was confirmed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Mukpo will be allowed to leave the hospital's biocontainment unit Wednesday.

Source

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Gully

Where'd the virus go?

Because, traditionally, Ebola has been seen to not only not 'go away' but to instead turn the lucky victim's body into a seething hot mass of virus particles, as it took over the tissues and turned human DNA into virus RNA...
edit on 5401710pmTuesdayf01Tue, 21 Oct 2014 19:01:54 -0500America/Chicago by signalfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

I still wouldn't want to stand next to him on a crowded bus but that's just me. S + F

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire

Where'd the virus go?

Because, traditionally, Ebola has been seen to not only not 'go away' but to instead turn the lucky victim's body into a seething hot mass of virus particles, as it took over the tissues and turned human DNA into virus RNA...

People can survive the virus, so I guess it's effectivly wiped out from their bodies.

Here's an interesting article: Here's What Happens If You Survive Ebola
edit on 21-10-2014 by Gully because: spelling

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

They can survive it but doesn't it end up in bodily fluids? I know they tell survivors to abstain from sexual activities for a minimum of 90 days.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

They can survive it but doesn't it end up in bodily fluids? I know they tell survivors to abstain from sexual activities for a minimum of 90 days.

From the link I posted above:

The World Health Organization found that the virus can reside in semen for up to seven weeks after recovery

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gully

The World Health Organization found that the virus can reside in semen for up to seven weeks after recovery

But what about menstruating survivors? What about body waste?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune

Brilliant question. Seriously. I haven't heard this addressed. Because it goes into the trash, the dumps, and the sewers. Hmmmm.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gully

The WHO does say it is in breastmilk, but it doesn't mention body waste. Now, that's not to say it's not in there. Maybe they're still doing studies on it or something?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: OuttaHere

Brilliant question. Seriously. I haven't heard this addressed. Because it goes into the trash, the dumps, and the sewers. Hmmmm.

Here is some info, fwiw

Another Ebola challenge: Disposing of medical waste

new topics

top topics

join