It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christophe de Margerie, CEO of Total, dies in a plane crash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   
This incident is going to get a lot of scrutiny. The European energy sector is the focus of a lot of maneuvering involving Russia these days. I'm not sure how Total and France figure in all of that, but this is undoubtedly an incident that will be looked at intensely.

This is reminiscent of the crash on landing (Margerie's jet was taking off) of a polish air force Tupolev carrying important polish government officials, including the President of Poland, in 2010. Not good for Russia, this sort of thing.

www.lemonde.fr...

Christophe de Margerie, le PDG de Total, meurt dans un accident d'avion

Les services de l'aéroport russe ont donné des précisions dans un communiqué sur l'accident. Peu avant minuit, heure locale, alors que la visibilité est de 350 m, le jet privé Falcon 50 de l'homme d'affaires a heurté sur la piste une déneigeuse, dont le conducteur était en état d'ivresse, selon le comité d'enquête, mais sobre selon son avocat. Le choc, qui a atteint l'avion au niveau du train d'atterrissage, s'est produit alors que le jet était en phase de décollage.

Translation:

(The services of the Russian airport provided details in a statement about the accident. Shortly before midnight, local time, when the visibility is 350 m, the private Falcon 50 business jet hit a snowplow on the runway, the driver was intoxicated, according to committee investigation, but according to his lawyer sober. The impact, which struck the plane at the landing gear, occurred while the jet was taking off.)

Apparently, the driver of the snowplough was not injured.

Translation:

(The Russian investigation committee has said that "an error of air traffic controllers and the actions of the driver of the snowplow" could be the cause of the accident. Investigators also evoke "the bad weather and pilot error" when the visibility was 350 meters at the time of the crash.)

Here is video of the crash site:

edit on 21-10-2014 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
oh i do so hope putin is taking out the illuminati ,,i can see a few reasons why putin would be rather annoyed at the e.u/usa Bohemian Grove overlords.
and this would not be the first time russia would have took someone out .
buster crabb
edit on 21-10-2014 by stuthealien because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Just read the article and seems to me it was a genuine accident ...

Yay anyway !

edit on 21-10-2014 by aightism2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien

At this point the situation is still murky. Apparently Margerie had just returned from a visit to the Russian Prime Minister Medvedev's country home where he was supposed to have been talking about investments. Le Monde says that Total has big plans for Russia, notwithstanding the sanctions ongoing against that country.

I wonder if Putin's faction detected some kind of political meddling emanating from Margerie. Medvedev is generally thought to be opposed to Putin's line with Russia's "partners" in the West. He is believed to be more inclined to cooperate with western interests in Russia. Putin is holding the line against excessive western influence.

It would be in the interests of many western "players" to be rid of Putin. That's something he would be inclined to discourage, I think.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I'm confused, isn't this an old accident? Is this a about a report from an investigation? I can't read the original article.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Last night when this was breaking news Bloomberg and Reuters were carrying the story along with UK news sources the oil company Total confirmed the loss on their web site.

There was a breaking news thread on ATS that was removed without explanation.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Even though it was a front page item on Bloomberg at the time CNN, ABC,and Google didn't even list it.

Maybe its time we find a safer forum to parallax our breaking news?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

This happened after midnight last night, Russian time, from the indication below.

Le Monde.fr avec AFP et Reuters | 21.10.2014 à 01h40 • Mis à jour le 21.10.2014 à 12h58

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Please add your thoughts to this thread.

Thank you.

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join