It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone know what this weapon is???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Looks like a Compact FAMAS French Assualt Rifle 2 me.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
FA-MAS, why? Because if anyone has played CS: Condition Zero, you would automatically recognize it

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I love the weapons experts that the video game culture has developed. The good part is, at least some of them will carry the love over to the real world out of the pixelated world. Im not bashing, please dont take it that way, i was jsut shocked by the number of people sayiing "thats in condition zero/SOCOM/metal gear....." as opposed to the number of guys that said "we used that in a cross training exercise with the FFL" its a stupid weapon, its French. the only good thing the french have done is the FFL. if you dont know, look it up. real soldiers there, the only men in France.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by question_reality
I love the weapons experts that the video game culture has developed. The good part is, at least some of them will carry the love over to the real world out of the pixelated world. Im not bashing, please dont take it that way, i was jsut shocked by the number of people sayiing "thats in condition zero/SOCOM/metal gear....." as opposed to the number of guys that said "we used that in a cross training exercise with the FFL" its a stupid weapon, its French. the only good thing the french have done is the FFL. if you dont know, look it up. real soldiers there, the only men in France.

Really,

As far as I can tell it's the most stable assault rifle on full auto out there, allowing much higher accuracy than the M16/M4 or AK.

If everything the French have done is so bad why did the US use the French 75mm quick-firing cannon? Even up to putting them in their WW2 tanks?

Why did the NVA continue to use the MAT 49 smg for so long after supplies of PPSh became available?

Why have so many air-forces chosen Dassults?

While it may be my personal opinion that the only thing the French have ever given the world is the metric system at least I came to that conclusion ten years before Sep 11.

Get off the French-bashing, it's old and boring.

So they weren't there to help you in Iraq. Where was the US in 1940?

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Ill leave it at i have disliked the french LONG before Sept 11th and Iraq. dont assume thats why i dislike them.

And as for your other points/questions Ill gladly discuss them on another thread, in a U2U, or if we cant figure it out there, GLADLY in a debate forum.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I believe I was the only person to mention a video game that it was in, everyone else mentioned it from websites or put in real life information. Sorry if all the other members have to be blaimed for your bashing.

And you are bashing, either you like it or not, that was a bashing post.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Deff a FAMAS as has been said, id liked to have seen a wider shot of the Uniform to see if it is a Legionare. Chest webbing dosent look like US issue but it could have been privataly bought, buckshee as we called it in the UK. FAMAS is a decent weapon for a bullpup, if the Legion use it then it cant be bad. Barrel looks short so could be a carbine varient.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaGundam007
definately the FAMAS, made by Fabrique Nationale (FN). its a Belgian Company, the same one that makes the P90

The FAMAS isn't made by Fabrique Nationale. It's made by Giat Industries, specifically at their St. Etienne plant.

Fusil d'Assaut de la Manufacture d'Armes de St-Etienne (Assault Rifle by St Etienne Arms Factory)

<< 1   >>

join