It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love thy neigbor as thyself and Love God is not just a rule, it's Reality. God is ONE and God's La

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Well, I see nothing wrong with bringing the OT, heaven and hell etc. or anything else that is doctrine to Christians (even if it isn't to all of them), into it as well. Christians believe a lot of things that aren't true. They all have their own pet version of Christianity or truth about God and the Bible, it's ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Sure, there may be different versions of Christianity, but which version resonates with Christ's Teachings the most?

Some versions are focused more on the teachings of Paul,
and some versions are focused more on the teachings of The Old Testament,
but which version matches The Teachings of Christ best? His Sermon on The Mount?

They all claim that God is Love, but which version actually changes a person to live through Love rather than saying "it doesn't matter since Jesus died for all sins"?

I'm not even sure if there is such a Christianity, but it's still possible to follow The Teachings of Christ without calling yourself a "Catholic Christian" or "Baptist Christian", etc.

Following The Teachings of Christ, such as "turn the other cheek" and "love your neighbors and your enemies", brings the fruits which it promises to bring - Peace. Loving others allows there to be Peace with others, even with enemies when you choose not to fight back but instead to turn the other cheek and walk away.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Sure, there may be different versions of Christianity, but which version resonates with Christ's Teachings the most?

Some versions are focused more on the teachings of Paul,
and some versions are focused more on the teachings of The Old Testament,
but which version matches The Teachings of Christ best? His Sermon on The Mount?

They all claim that God is Love, but which version actually changes a person to live through Love rather than saying "it doesn't matter since Jesus died for all sins"?

I'm not even sure if there is such a Christianity, but it's still possible to follow The Teachings of Christ without calling yourself a "Catholic Christian" or "Baptist Christian", etc.

Following The Teachings of Christ, such as "turn the other cheek" and "love your neighbors and your enemies", brings the fruits which it promises to bring - Peace. Loving others allows there to be Peace with others, even with enemies when you choose not to fight back but instead to turn the other cheek and walk away.

Actually I pretty much agree with you. Except that I don't believe in any of the divine aspects of Christ. Sure they may all claim that God is love but what does that amount to when you take into consideration the Bible? No need to dive into all of the things there that suggest otherwise as I know you are aware of them. Which version actually changes a person to live through love? Some more than others and to varying degrees. Of course people are different so it also depends on how they live personally. But if God is love than you have to strip away a lot of doctrine and dogma. You have to strip away everything that makes Christianity, Christianity. At least in a religious sense. Throw out the OT because that God is clearly not loving whatsoever, and far far from perfect. Nothing Jesus did or said or taught would make up for OT God. There is no way Jesus Christ is the son of that crazy s.o.b. Throw out Paul as well. Great! Not a problem to me. Throw out anything and everything that isn't the teachings of Jesus! Throw out the stuff about families being divided amongst themselves and whatnot. Throw out Revelations and all that other junk. The Armageddon bologna etc. What you're left with isn't Christianity. It's merely appreciating the positive and often wise teachings of Jesus Christ. I can't really comment further without knowing more about your personal views.
edit on 25-10-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join