It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Dragon's Egg': Marines who guarded Saddam's mysterious bunker fear weapons unleashed

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Although the Americans assigned to the Al Muthanna facility until 2008 were forbidden by superiors from peering inside the bunker, they knew the larger complex’s history. From 1983 to 1990, the brutal dictator’s scientists worked there, developing mustard, sarin, VX and Tabun gases for use on Iranian soldiers and Iraqi Kurds. And although it was under the control of U.S. and Iraqi military forces for most of the last decade, the entire facility - and whatever it held - is now firmly in the grasp of the Islamic State, the terrorist army that has claimed a vast swath of Iraq and Syria and allegedly used chemical weapons against Kurds this summer.

'Dragon 's Egg': Marines who guarded Saddam's mysterious bunker fear weapons unleashed

So another story about the chemical weapons that were found in Iraq and never reported in the news. There were a few threads earlier this week reporting on a story ran by NY Times about troops in Iraq who had been injured by Mustard rounds that were found during our occupation of Iraq.

Here is one of the other threads: The Secret Casualties of Iraq’s Abandoned Chemical Weapons

I can personally corroborate that we found IEDs consisting of Mustard rounds, while I'm not surprised we had guys guarding chemical weapons bunkers, I had never come across them.

For me, this raises a few questions.

1. Why were these Mustard IEDs, chemical weapons bunkers and caches not reported on by the media?
We didn't really make a secret of the mustard IEDs, and there were tons of journalists running around the country. Surely more than a few of them got wind of these incidents and stories.

2. Why did our forces not destroy these bunkers ourselves?

3. Who in the blue hell would trust the Iraqi Govt. or military to do anything let alone trust them to dispose of these weapons?

What do you think ATS?
edit on 19-10-2014 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I have a hard time believing the stockpile wasn't moved to a secure location.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Easy.... (Let me initiate a Huff Po drinker spitting with venom while I say the next 3 words /names)

Halliburton!

Bush!

Cheney!

(wipe drool off mouth)

There aren't any WMD's, they just want the oil

See, now if ISIS uses anything like this, we have Bush to blame... LOL
edit on 19-10-2014 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The bunker was already a secure location. Since no-one else except the Iraqi Army, Saddam Hussein and the elite Iraqi army units knew where it was, there wouldn't be anywhere else better to keep them.

Besides, those weapons might come in useful for some black ops in the future.

If you suddenly found yourself the owner of large office block with no debts against it, and filled with useful tech, would you keep it or auction it off?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArmyOfNobunaga

As do I , sir. They wouldn't just leave that stuff lying around for any old goat herding individual or child to come across at some point in the future.
I like to think we're that intelligent. I said like to though. Doesnt mean we are.
edit on 19-10-2014 by reeferdonkey because: typos ats mobile hates me.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Perhaps they wanted to use them to create terror. The CIA has used drugs and weapons for decades to clandestinely or publicly support terrorist groups and rebels. Now the newest of these American patsy groups has access to a stockpile of chemical weapons.

They will probably use them in the Middle East to frame Iran or Syria paving the way for full on war. Perhaps they will even use them for a false flag in America. We all know what would happen if a terrorist used these on American soil. It might even surpass 9/11 if done correctly.

Either way, this whole thing is as shady as everything else our government and military does.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Hmmm...were the guards 'forbidden by superiors from peering inside the bunker' because of dangerous toxins still stored inside or because their 'superiors' knew full well there was nothing in there...

Could hardly alarm the world with this latest bit of alarm-mongering, if the squaddies knew there were no toxins inside to be worried about.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Easy.... (Let me initiate a Huff Po drinker spitting with venom while I say the next 3 words /names)

Halliburton!

Bush!

Cheney!

(wipe drool off mouth)

See, now if ISIS uses anything like this, we have Bush to blame... LOL

You forgot Blair.

Besides the oil, and probably moreover, halliburton was probably satisfied with the billions it made in war supply contracts and the very, very, very lucrative rebuilding contracts, and private army 'security' contracts that came afterwards.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Oh crap, ISIS got chemical weapons....

Pretext to a false flag. Check.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

The WMD's again?

Seriously ... What a bunch of retards.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
We knew Saddam had chemical weapons...

We had the receipts.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

We had the receipts.

Nerve agents and anthrax along with the chemical weapons, all produced on site by Saddam.

This is why ISIS wants US troops to come, and Obama won't send any, it would be too messy with all the WMD's ISIS has taken control over. We would have to respond with total annihilation or nothing at all, Obama is choosing nothing but his term is almost over. Next POTUS will make GW look like a boy scout when it comes to warmongering.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Your No2 query is the one that matters most..that's if the whole story is true of course.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Let me see if I can untwist the snake...

If WMD's were found at the time of IRAQ, you can bet your ass that it would have been reported 24 hrs over the MSM for the justification that was so sorely desired but seen as not needed anyways.

Nope.

My guess is that they now want more support going back into IRAQ so as to secure the oil. Blame ISIS because they don't want the WMD's falling into their evil hands. Not important that these were not mentioned until now for security reasons but would have justified the invasions in the first place. WTF?

And now we have a new evil rising with possible access to the same WMD's that existed, never existed but now exist again...I'm getting confused.

Words and terms that terrify people:

IRAQ

Terrorists

Al Quaeda

ISIS

WMD

Use them all and watch the fear all over again.

This is so blatantly mass manipulation for fear that it's amazing if anyone falls for it. Sadly, many will.

IMO of course.

Peace

edit on 19-10-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Hahaha, cracks me up

the brutal dictator’s scientists worked there, developing mustard, sarin, VX and Tabun gases for use on Iranian soldiers and Iraqi Kurds
Reminds me of a cross between Doctor Brown and General Ripper

I smell a heavy dose of bullsh%t.
edit on -180002014-10-19T15:28:30-05:00u3031201430102014Sun, 19 Oct 2014 15:28:30 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: whyamIhere

We had the receipts.

Nerve agents and anthrax along with the chemical weapons, all produced on site by Saddam.

This is why ISIS wants US troops to come, and Obama won't send any, it would be too messy with all the WMD's ISIS has taken control over. We would have to respond with total annihilation or nothing at all, Obama is choosing nothing but his term is almost over. Next POTUS will make GW look like a boy scout when it comes to warmongering.

Donald Rumsfeld arranged for Saddam to purchase chemical weapons he had. Here they are all dressed up for their after weapons sale party.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

But we don't need the oil anymore. The US is now one of the largest exporters of oil. Demand is way down and supply is way up.

I physically had my hands on mustard rounds in Iraq, only a few myself but I certainly wasn't the only one. They were there, there's no question about that.

I don't have all the answers, but a lot of things don't add up.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: jude11

But we don't need the oil anymore. The US is now one of the largest exporters of oil. Demand is way down and supply is way up.

I physically had my hands on mustard rounds in Iraq, only a few myself but I certainly wasn't the only one. They were there, there's no question about that.

I don't have all the answers, but a lot of things don't add up.

What Do rich folk have in common?

Never enough.

The US may have oil, but never enough.

Or is it oil companies?

Peace

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArmyOfNobunaga

I have a harder time believing they found such a chemicals weapons bunker.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I imagine any important members of ISIS will be nowhere near that bunker considering a couple of well placed Tomahawks and/or bunker busters could level the entire complex.

If only it were that easy eh, get all those ISIS types in the one area and just fire away, problem solved!

Hopefully anything suspect has been removed from the place or otherwise rendered inoperative, then again chance would be a fine thing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join