It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was scolded for 'Man Mopping'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Soobaz

I'd grab a paper towel, throw it down, move it with my foot then throw it away.

Do you have any idea how many trees are cut down just to provide you with paper towels... wasteful and your contributing to global warming!!!!

JK the sponge was within reach the paper towels not... See 'Man Mopping' is all about what's handy at the time... not what's practical...

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

You must've studied at the finishing school for slackers- and I was probably your classmate.

I don't see the problem with this as long as the sponge was clean-but the Helen Lovejoys might not agree. Kids these days are wrapped in cotton wool and don't have the chance to build an immunity to anything-Scrub your hands, scrub your hair, wash your hands after every game of tag-it's no wonder why they get get sick all the time.

I say let your kids roll in the mud, let them eat their own boogers, at the end of the day their immune system will be stronger for it. And a dry sponge is a happy sponge as long as it's thoroughly rinsed.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

You probably don't want to side with me... that ladies are already getting out the pitch forks and torches to burn me at the stake

"Using a sponge to mop the floor...Witchcraft!!!!"

and I don't see myself as a slacker ... I was conserving energy and resources...

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Haha, I'll side with you as well!
My washing machine is in the kitchen and I throw my clothes in it before my daily after work shower so it fills up for Saturday washday...any spills on my kitchen floor and I just grab an unwashed T-shirt from the machine, job sorted.

On a side note, I'm amazed at the huge number of different specific sprays/wipes/liquids/etc in the cleaning products aisles of supermarkets, as the only stuff I ever buy is soap (grade zero clipped hair so no shampoo needed), toothpaste, clothes washing powder, dishes washing up liquid, and bleach...that pretty much covers everything which needs cleaning in and around my man-cave.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I would have just called my dog. She would have licked it up and looked at me waiting for more.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
With a bad back, I've been man mopping for years. LOL I save a specific sponge just for floor spills.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Obvious solution is obvious

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I give you an A for effort man!

At least you tried to clean up after yourself. I've been married for almost 14 years and my husband has never "man mopped" or mopped period.

He likes to cook though and he's very good at it but, he is a very messy cook. And, he NEVER cleans up. Ever!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I've admittedly made the biggest mess in my house. I decided on nachos. On the way to the other room, I dropped the bowl on the floor and cheese sauce went everywhere. I thought I had cleaned it all up, but even months later I'd find a blot of cheese somewhere from that incident. Even on the ceiling!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Damnit man! Didn't you learn anything in the Corps?! We know how to mop! Perfect For Cleaning indeed!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I'm a man and don't get "man mopping". Damned if I'm bending over with this back. "Mopping". Shouldn't that involve a tool that mops and has a long handle?
Now, once you start using that tool on the cupboards I can see the ladies getting stressed.

ETA: Yes I've done it.

edit on 18-10-2014 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Now, once you start using that tool on the cupboards I can see the ladies getting stressed.

ETA: Yes I've done it.

Same here, with a bleach solution, but then I'm more than happy to use washing up liquid as shower gel sometimes so I'm a lost cause clean caveman...and proud of it!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
This is how Ebola started.

True story!

What! From ebowla pancake mix?

Å99

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

Why do we "Man Mop?"

So our women will say "WTF?...Give me that, I'll clean it!"

Mission accomplished!.

Not so dumb after all huh?

"BTW honey...when you finish showing me how to mop properly, can you show me how to make a sammich? I'll be on the sofa with a cold beer and my xbox...

Peace

Bingo, works for me every time with the wife......thing is she probably does the same to me but being
am male it goes over my head!:-)

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
This is how Ebola started.

True story!

LOL................
Funny stuff,
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I usually wear black socks in the house, If I spill a little somthing on the kitchen floor I just do a quick wipe with my foot LOL, too lazy to even get a sponge or somthing from the cupboard.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Women, cant lice with them, can't live with out them. Whenever I cook in the kitchen, I'm always real careful to leave it just as I found it. Otherwise, my wife will make me regret missing a spot, lol.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2

Obvious solution is obvious

Ha! A few years back, I was renting a house with hardwood floors and bought a pair of these. The GF thought I was crazy at the time (may have been right.)

As anybody who lives in a home with tile or wood floors instead of carpet can tell you, you'll be sweeping about once an hour if you like having a clean home.

With these though... 2 birds, one stone.

As for the "man mopping" hate... my theory is they're jealous they didn't think of it first
*ducks head*

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

Yup.....and to sterilise your little sponge with that scouring pad stick it in your microwave for 30 seconds................tells you what a microwave does to your food n'est pas?

Jane

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
For Christs sake...be a man and grow a pair! I wont let no woman roll her eyes at me, or scold me without harsh consequence....and screw a divorce court, child support and alimony. I ain't scared of the law. They win every time anyway because the deck is stacked against men. Be a man for god's sake. No wonder women rule the freakin world today...metro-sexual men bow to them and let them get by with everything! Stop trying to please your wife if she rolls her eyes at you...she doesn't appreciate you anyway. Dump her pathetic @$$. Shes gonna break your bank soon anyway. you will be in court soon and she will have all your money...you watch.
edit on 19-10-2014 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join