It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Michael Brown Evidence Reported by NY Times

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

So for the 4th time, why are you calling the community thugs?
Why can't you just answer that simple question instead of playing games?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: j.r.c.b.

originally posted by: 8675309jenny

originally posted by: tavi45

Yeah because the theft of a blunt is totally worth a death. Maybe he wouldn't be stealing dirt cheap things or being aggressive if he wasn't part of an oppressed demonized underclass.

One black kid steals something that costs a dollar or two and there's instant police response followed by a dead black kid. Wall street businessman destroys thousands of middle class families and he is applauded and protected and well paid.

All the evidence in the world doesn't change the root cause of the anger of the black community. They're tired of being oppressed after fighting for equality for some 200 years.

The key difference is some Wall Street trader doesn't dive into a cops window and start throwing punches.

It had ZERO to do with this kids socio-economic status, and EVERYTHING to do with assaulting a police officer.

Look through posse-comitatus, I'm one of the last people to defend a crappy cop!

Honestly, you have to be insane to start assaulting a police officer in this country.

I'm amazed people are sticking up for this thug after not only the way he treated the store owner, but PROOF he went after the cop first, which is what some of us suspected from the beginning. The guy, yes, GUY, he was no child, but a huge bully, would be alive today, if he didn't attack people or use his size by intimidating people, so he can steal what did NOT belong to him. It's NEVER o.k. To put your hands on anyone, black, white purple or blue. Get over the race crap. He was a stealing thug that thought he was bad ass enough to take a gun from a cop FFS!!!! By law, he is a MAN. If anyone wants to argue, don't bother, I've stuck to my guns from day one. MAN THUG.

You have to overlook the thuggery though. He was a gentle giant who was college bound. Please don't point out the bad attributes and stick to the script as promulgated by the media
lol....maybe the use of the word THUG, is an east coast thang?😜 seriously, I use that word all the time, no matter the color of the person. My 22 & 24 yr old children also use THUG when referring to someone that's a full blown bully, or thief.......
edited to add, God love Ya unBreakable, you have the patients of a saint!
edit on 10/22/14 by j.r.c.b. because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/22/14 by j.r.c.b. because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Then the officer is cleared and can return to duty.

What should occur next would be for the community, the police and the local government to learn to speak to each other instead of at each other.

Communication and understanding on where each side is coming from is paramount. If communication is impossible then I fear this cycle is going to continue.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Yeah because the theft of a blunt is totally worth a death. Maybe he wouldn't be stealing dirt cheap things or being aggressive if he wasn't part of an oppressed demonized underclass.

One black kid steals something that costs a dollar or two and there's instant police response followed by a dead black kid. Wall street businessman destroys thousands of middle class families and he is applauded and protected and well paid.

All the evidence in the world doesn't change the root cause of the anger of the black community. They're tired of being oppressed after fighting for equality for some 200 years.

The key difference is some Wall Street trader doesn't dive into a cops window and start throwing punches.

It had ZERO to do with this kids socio-economic status, and EVERYTHING to do with assaulting a police officer.

Look through posse-comitatus, I'm one of the last people to defend a crappy cop!

Honestly, you have to be insane to start assaulting a police officer in this country.

I'm amazed people are sticking up for this thug after not only the way he treated the store owner, but PROOF he went after the cop first, which is what some of us suspected from the beginning. The guy, yes, GUY, he was no child, but a huge bully, would be alive today, if he didn't attack people or use his size by intimidating people, so he can steal what did NOT belong to him. It's NEVER o.k. To put your hands on anyone, black, white purple or blue. Get over the race crap. He was a stealing thug that thought he was bad ass enough to take a gun from a cop FFS!!!! By law, he is a MAN. If anyone wants to argue, don't bother, I've stuck to my guns from day one. MAN THUG.

You have to overlook the thuggery though. He was a gentle giant who was college bound. Please don't point out the bad attributes and stick to the script as promulgated by the media
lol....maybe the use of the word THUG, is an east coast thang?😜 seriously, I use that word all the time, no matter the color of the person. My 22 & 24 yr old children also use THUG when referring to someone that's a full blown bully, or thief.......

Correct. Thug has nothing to do with color, everything to do with someone who has total disregard of the law. I call the community of Ferguson thugs because they burnt down the liquor store (which was non-white owned by the way) and back the actions of Brown (who assaulted a cop) and previously assaulted a store-owner over some cigars. If I have to explicitly explain it to some people, then they'll never get it.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

DP
edit on 22-10-2014 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
Gee I wonder what Jesse Jackson will say when it gets out that there will be no charges against the officer. I wonder how many will stir the pot and start stuff cause they think that the findings were wrong, no matter what the evidence states.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig

Gee I wonder what Jesse Jackson will say when it gets out that there will be no charges against the officer. I wonder how many will stir the pot and start stuff cause they think that the findings were wrong, no matter what the evidence states.

They already said they'll throw a hissy-fit even when there are no charges:

"One protester warned to CNN about what would happen if Wilson is set free.
“If there is not an indictment, excuse my French, all hell is going to break loose,” the protester revealed".

stlouis.cbslocal.com...

They don't care what the facts reveal. They just want an excuse to act like animals and destroy their city.
edit on 23-10-2014 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Good question...

I would like to ask Sharpton why he considers this incident a priority while ignoring the black cop who shot an unarmed white kid in Utah.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I can answer that: it simply is not news worthy, or one that would gather him the attention he wants to spew his vitriol. The facts are, if you look at the past motivations of these 3 people, then it becomes clear, if it is where the victim is of African origin, then they are there to beat the drums and scream how unfair the country is, using such to further their gains. But if it is the opposite, then they tend to keep quiet, and life goes on.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable
And that ultimately is a sad commentary for the day and time.

Justice can not be at the hands of mob mentality and who has to clean up after everything is done. The people of Ferguson, and then when they have to pay the price and cost, ultimately it is going to make them even more bitter. Kind of reminds me of quote and it is a good one from one of the Austin Powers movie:

I am upset cause I eat and eat. I eat cause I am upset. It is a viscious cycle.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I can answer that: it simply is not news worthy, or one that would gather him the attention he wants to spew his vitriol. The facts are, if you look at the past motivations of these 3 people, then it becomes clear, if it is where the victim is of African origin, then they are there to beat the drums and scream how unfair the country is, using such to further their gains. But if it is the opposite, then they tend to keep quiet, and life goes on.

and we fail ourselves and perpetuate that issue by doing / saying nothing.

Black, White, Brown.... Not one is better than the other and when we tolerate people like Sharpton / Jackson we are just as guilty.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Some of the things the police do is unjustified. The problem starts out that the law is not equally applied, rather it is unequally applied across the board, and it is very much seen, in the news. People who are rich, get lighter sentences, than those who are poor. People such as the police and those who make the laws, often when they violate the laws, do not suffer the full penalty of the law. And it is the law.

If they were to hold the affluent, the law makers and those who are suppose to enforce the law to the highest standards, then perhaps things would be different.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Figures... this is turning out to be no different than the entire trayvon debacle. It looks like another innocent man's name is going to be dragged through the mud and forever associated with evil...

Brown should've just got off the street and kept his hands to himself. No big loss here...

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Lawmakers are not above the law and are somewhat protected when they are doing their job. I say somewhat because it requires an extra step to remove their status in order to face charges and a trial.

The Police do not charge people the prosecuting attorney does. We could submit a case of murder, complete with confession by the suspect and the PA could decline to charge.

Civilians have more protections than what law enforcement does although I can see how some can think otherwise. Investigating an officer can be complex, especially when its from use of force. Because of what law enforcement does the US Supreme Court has established rules on how to investigate them and how information can be used.

They recognize that an encounter can go from normal to deadly within a split second and they try to incorporate that into the process. hence the reason 20/20 hindsight cannot be used to sustain / throw out an officers reason for use of force.

As an example, using this case, we all had an idea of what occurred - from start to finish. People tend to overlook the fact that the officer does not get that view. The same applies to the civilians involved as well. In the state of Missouri a person does not have the right to resist an arrest, even if the arrest is unlawful.

The lawfulness of the police action is determined by the courts, just as a person guilt is. As an officer in Missouri I am immune from civil lawsuits so long as my actions are A- within policy B- within the law C-justified. If anyone one of those is not met I dont have immunity. The city can disassociate itself with me, forcing almost all consequences onto the officer - both criminal and civil.

If a person is shot and killed, regardless if its was an officer or a civilian who shot, the end conclusion remains the same - A homicide occurred. Even when a person who is sentenced to death by the courts are listed as homicide. The issue revolves around whether or not the end result was justified or not.

while I agree about being affluent and law makers I dont agree on laying the blame at the door steps of law enforcement. As I stated we do not prosecute people, the judicial system is responsible for that.

The way to resolve these issues is through communication - From those we serve to law enforcement / government and vice verse. The us verse them mentality does not work for either group and only furthers the divide and mistrust.

Communication and identification of the problem areas followed up with common solutions is whats needed. At least in my opinion.

If the officer is not charged in this case it will not be because of the prosecuting attorney. It will be because of a grand jury made up of civilians determined there was not enough evidence to support an indictment.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I'm no fan of Mr. Jackson or Mr. Sharpton but they have the same rights to freedom of speech as all Americans do.

You have to remember, you protect that freedom the most when you DON'T agree with what someone says.

The problems so apparent in Ferguson are repeated across the country in long-standing and deeply hurtful situations. Has everyone forgotten the ridiculous paramilitary response of the police against peaceful citizens (not the rioters so don't bother to go there).

I don't think the solution is as simple at this point as "Hey, can't we all just get along."

But we do have to find a solution, and I believe we need to do that soon.

edit on 19Wed, 12 Nov 2014 19:46:04 -060014p0720141166 by Gryphon66 because: Formatting

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
No one cared in Ferguson. No one cared with the Occupy Wall Street movement. They won't care until it's far too late. Maybe I should become a cop so I can be on the side that's oppressing people for my fascist government rather than just being one of the oppressed. I hear they get great benefits too.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Maybe the school would be better if our nation wasn't so full of inequality and racism? The fact that the guy before you like many millions of Americans called him an animal or a beast proves my point. Humans develop based on their environment. There is no evil human just misguided or broken humans.

So these folks aren't evil
Hitler
Pol Pot
Stalin
Dalmer
and so forth?

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: FirePiston

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace
a reply to: feldercarb

This won't even register in their minds.

Not at all.... I would not be surprised if they said *No way! They took Brown's blood and planted it at the scene.* He was a good kid!
Fire

Yes. All good kids commit armed robbery.

This is what happens when good kids commit robbery and fight the cops.

edit on V342014Wednesdaypm30America/ChicagoWed, 12 Nov 2014 21:34:23 -06001 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Considering that he didn't get shot for stealing cigars I say bad strawman.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

No one cared in Ferguson. No one cared with the Occupy Wall Street movement. They won't care until it's far too late. Maybe I should become a cop so I can be on the side that's oppressing people for my fascist government rather than just being one of the oppressed. I hear they get great benefits too.

Based on the riots that broke out in Fergusin and the occupy movement I don't think its a matter of people not caring. I think its more along the lines of people not understanding that protesting does not equate into destroying private / public property.

As for you becoming a cop I would not recommend it. I don't think you could handle it to be honest.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join