It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMPORTANT: Reporter live tweets aboard "Ebola Cruise"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
From one of the links:

Reports tonight are that two individuals possibly infected with the Ebola virus are in Belizean waters.

Well that's an exaggeration.

On the one I feel bad for her, she may not even have known she was handling the Ebola patient's blood in the lab. She had no direct contact with him and she left before anyone else was sick.

On the other hand - I'm pissed at every doofus with their head up their butt in any way peripherally involved in this debacle. LOL!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am soooo with you on that. You could not get me on a ship. If an illness doesn't get you, a drunk captain or a rogue wave will.

edit on 10/17/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I just received a message from the Belize MOH FB page stating:

Not symptomatic.

Saource is facebook messenger.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I like what somebody said on ATS- this thread or the official Ebola Cruise thread... to keep everyone on the ship for 42 days - just to be safe.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I would still like to know how this all played out.
We have a lab tech that may or may not have handled Duncan lab specimens that goes on a cruise.
Obviously, there was no intention of self quarantine prior to embarking on the cruise.

What prompted this person to self quarantine partway through the cruise?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Seventy staff members were required to take care of Duncan - one patient.

We don't know how much money but clearly in the millions has already been spent on this and they don't even dare call it an 'outbreak' in the US yet...

Anyone care to extrapolate out how much of this the global economy can handle before the planned-for collapse is a given?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire
Seventy staff members were required to take care of Duncan - one patient.

I do think that is a thread of it's own.

It's unsustainable, IMHO and clearly explains why it's so out of control in W.Africa - they have nothing like that capability.

And - FYI - there are only 10 beds nationwide specifically tasked for level four bio-hazard patients. So...those numbers start looking real bad, real quick.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysticrecluse
a reply to: JG1993

This is amusing to an extent, although, I do sincerely fear for those on board. I never want to see anyone fall ill to Ebola, let alone spread it to (possibly) large amounts of other people. The only reason it's amusing is because I'm very curious to see how the whole Ebola issue will play out over the next several years. Will we find a cure? or will it kill off a large percentage of the worlds population? (Excuse my sensationalism)

Anyway, what would their options be? Quarantine the ship, and test everyone on board before they were allowed to leave?

On an insensitive note: This might make a good plot for a movie.

Thanks for sharing.

If we're still around, having survived this disaster, I think it might be ' well it was starting to improve as two countries in west Africa showed no new cases for 42 days, but it didn't last long because America made serious mistakes not controlling it. T. Duncan passed it on to two nurses and one nurse Amber Vinson passed it around cleveland and other cities when she took flights to plan a wedding and another worker took a Caribbean cruise infecting others and so on ( insert tomorrow's news)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

I am sure that we all will be paying for that man care and still the so call family dares to talk about a law sue, how about the tax payers suing them.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

That's way too logical, marg.

The thing is, they KNOW and always KNEW what they had to do and didn't. So I call criminal at this point. Maybe that's why a freaking lawyer was appointed the ebola czar. I'm so disgusted by the handling of this entire thing I could spit.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I would still like to know how this all played out.
We have a lab tech that may or may not have handled Duncan lab specimens that goes on a cruise.
Obviously, there was no intention of self quarantine prior to embarking on the cruise.

What prompted this person to self quarantine partway through the cruise?

Nail on head dude.
Seems like these people are on a mission to stir problems.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Hon, if ebola keeps spreading that ebola Czar will be the next casualty in the ebola bureaucracy, seen the man is a nitwit he is getting into an area that he has no business to be

When the next head is ready to roll he will be the sacrificial pig.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Yeah that's probably the whole reason he was appointed because nothing else makes any sense.

I would have appointed a doctor or a military commander used to commanding, mobilizing, and coordinating logistics.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

People should go about their lives. Right now they are more likely to die of flu or be hit by lightening. More likely to run into a murderous cop than one of the 5 or 6 people that realistically may have been exposed .

COME ON!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

That's way too logical, marg.

The thing is, they KNOW and always KNEW what they had to do and didn't. So I call criminal at this point. Maybe that's why a freaking lawyer was appointed the ebola czar. I'm so disgusted by the handling of this entire thing I could spit.

I too have been shaking my head thinking how did they f&^% this up so bad.

Now i am starting to think WHY did they.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JG1993

A buddy of mine who works with me was planning on going on a Caribbean cruise. I saw him this morning and told him "you better cancel your cruise." He looked at me with a bewildered look because he didn't hear the news about the "Ebola Cruise." I think he's now having second thoughts.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
...she may not even have known she was handling the Ebola patient's blood in the lab.

If anyone in a hospital lab (or any lab) is handling blood from an Ebola patient without knowing it, that would be incredibly risky.

The CDC asks for 4 milliliters of blood for their test. At least two tests were done for Duncan, and probably for the other two as well, so presumably you're talking at least 24 milliliters of Ebola-infected blood. 1 milliliter of an Ebola patient's blood can have up to 10 billion Ebola particles and it's believed it takes as few as 1 Ebola virus particle to infect someone.

Of course the hospital also apparently sent Duncan's blood to the lab through the hospital's pneumatic tube system, too. Maybe they did for the nurses as well. At this point I wouldn't be surprised to hear that they used the power washer crew from the apartment building to hose down the lab and the patients' rooms. Not trying to start any rumors, I have NOT heard that last one. It just seems like it would fit with how they are handling this.

I wonder if they are putting other patients into the rooms the Ebola patients were in now that one is dead and the other two have been sent off? And I wonder how many of the people who treated the Ebola patients went on vacation.

Come to think of it, the nurse in Madrid also went on vacation after treating one of the Spanish priests who had Ebola. This is starting to sound like it's common for hospitals to send nurses potentially exposed to Ebola on vacation. It might be interesting to know if there were others.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I don't care about Ebola. There. I said it. I don't give a #. I care that people who have had it have died, and suffered, but I refuse to fear it. I don't care. The chances of me catching Ebola are so slim, it's ridiculous. If I do catch it, well, I guess I'll die. Sort of like I would if I was hit by a bus tomorrow, or if a meteorite randomly smoked me in the face while I was sleeping.

I...Don't...Care...About...Ebola...

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ikonoklast

Funny, and I thought I was crazy for having that exact same thought yesterday. I couldn't help but think, GEEZ, there sure seemed to be a high rate of nurses that did a lot of traveling after dealing with Duncan...that's just my opinion, but YEP, the thought also crossed my mind.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: j.r.c.b.

My wife thinks it's probably coincidence. She says the cruise and other vacations were probably planned in advance.

She may be right. Or it may be that people around the nurses (hospital administrators, supervisors, co-workers, or even the nurses' friends or family) tend to suddenly start telling them that they ought to take a vacation. You know... get away from the stress for a while... a week or two isn't long enough, take 3 weeks (21 days)... get out of town, relax, go some place far away for a while.

Maybe even the nurses themselves are so stressed out after treating an Ebola patient that they feel the need to get away (against all common sense)

And of course there are darker possibilities, too.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join