It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guy Pulls Over A Cop & Gives Him A Warning!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Flagged him down cuz he was patrolling in an unmarked car. Interesting bout ensues.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: thirdcoast

Not a bad video, must say I applaud the actions of the cop, he didn't get all 'respect my authority' on the guy just listened to what he had to say and let it be.

edit on thFri, 17 Oct 2014 16:25:06 -0500America/Chicago1020140680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Not a bad video, must say I applaud the actions of the cop, he didn't get all 'respect my authority on the guy' just listened to what he had to say and let it be.

Agreed. This cop handled himself well. Don't know what he and his cop buddies are gonna do later about this citizen, but at least on camera... I'd be interested to know what became/becomes of this.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Absolutely the best video I've ever seen trying to hold police accountable. He knew the law and it's function and intention. He was reasonable and non combative and polite. This should be on mainstream news networks.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I applaud both parties in this interaction. They both handled themselves admirably and I, and the cop, learned something new about the law. The man who stopped him correctly pointed out how potentially unsafe it is for law enforcement to stop people in unmarked cars. It conditions people to stop when someone in an unmarked car indicates that they should do so and that could result in serious injury or death if the person driving the car is a predator. If all cops behaved as this one did during the interaction, the animosity between cops and citizens would be greatly reduced. Kudos to him.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Sorry I have to be '"that" guy but this citizen who believes he just held the police accountable for some violation did nothing of the sort. All he managed to do was voice his opinion to an 'employee' of the city. Then to give a narrative at the end proclaiming some sort of victory is equally as funny. Don't know much about the laws were this was but anywhere in Canada unmarked police cars can pull you over at anytime anyplace. That's the whole point of an unmarked cars or ghost cars. To catch you off guard. Asking for his driver's and registration. lol that's funny. As in funny stupid.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

That was a good reaction from the cop. Very professional.

This guy filming, an idiot. Dumbest thing to do. He would have loved to find an abusive person with a badge. His reason for looking for it; to make a greater divide between the public and them.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The question becomes, "How long will it take for the state of Washington to amend the law so that it will be legal to drive an unmarked car". Also, how big and where do you have to mark the police car. If that is not specified and said to be visible to the public, then it will be on the oil pan.

Will this video do anything more than have the law rewritten to make the car legal?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
It don't mean a thing if it aint got that swing.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
His reason for looking for it; to make a greater divide between the public and them.

right... because cops killing, beating, raping , planting evidence and generally breaking the law and crapping on the citizen
hasent caused enough of a divide

but

it was this guy trying to divide the public and police

how laughable

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

What?

How does that even relate? SO when a cop saves someone, dies defending someone or is injured serving the public in good faith that is worth nothing?

What exactly is your point sir?

What the hell is the point of pulling over a cop for a minor infraction no matter how anal you want to be about it? His car is unmarked? and why the hell do you care? Is this such a freaking important issue that you lose sleep over it? Is this disenfranchising someone? That is retarded. Crime doesnt happen in plain view of a squad car. I myself have waited for a cop car to leave before doing something illegal. I know you have. Are you mad that you may get caught doing something wrong? Or maybe you just argue against something that can potentially affect you negatively, even if in the process you negate all the good and beneficial nature of it to society or the common good.

Oh my freaking Christ, his car isnt marked....which is not code valid in his one state town or city....My god. Lets be assholes and bother someone who probably just wants to SERVE THE PUBLIC.

The bad ones dont define the good ones. The bad people who MAY hurt you dont give you a right to crap on good people who would never.

EDIT TO ADD:
If you really cared about cleaning up law enforcement in the US you wouldnt trivialize the issue with this BS.
edit on 10 18 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

My point is simple

This man contributes nothing to the divide

The divide was and is caused by the cops

Period

Eta check out the posse forum . Minor infractions by the citizenry are routinely met with lethal force

The cop is lucky
edit on pm1020143110America/ChicagoSat, 18 Oct 2014 22:07:09 -0500_10u by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Dude you sound like you have never been let off with a warning. You act like you are the first to stand up and inform people who can punish you when you do something wrong that isnt noticed.

The divide exists for several reasons. Its not just on them. Scum bags in our society have contributed by always being assholes when they get a ticket they deserve or bad mouthing a cop just because they feel an inferiority complex towards cops in their personal life.

If we as a population had been less full of crap then the level of isolation that law enforcement communities have undergone would never have been reached. We pissed on them as much as they did on us just for the fact of what they do for a living.

WE dehumanized them plenty before they started to go into extremes of isolation and self imposed banishment to "cop bars" and "Cop BBQs" or what ever.

Do you even KNOW a cop personally? Yeah. They are people too guy. Next time, talk to the boogeyman. Hes not that scary.

EDIT TO ADD:
The cop is not lucky. The guy filming is lucky that he isnt charged with what ever the hell offence that calling 9/11 for no reason is. He wasted this cops time for youtube hits. He is probably a partner and makes money off this BS. Are you so naive to think that even he thinks this is such an important issue....that he sees this nonsense as the crux of the issue? Or maybe its all he could get that day.....

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The man here should have held the officer accountable. He should have taken this straight to a lawyer and unleashed those vile creatures upon that police department. Things do not change without implementation of real consequence. If he would have a lawyer gearing up for a case the police would have been pulled out of those unmarked cars asap.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

You are victim blaming sir. Many of us used to respect the police until they started treating all of us "lesser" citizens like criminals. I'm sure you realize that by lesser I mean lower middle class and under.

It is the officers job to deal with scumbags. I'm sure an officer can handle a few obnoxious priks. What you are saying is on par with condoning fast food workers wiping their ass with a-hole customers food. Except that cops don't spit in burgers they shoot and tazer them.

edit on 18-10-2014 by theyknowwhoyouare because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

How and why is this even important to you? Do you even know? Is it because this fool made a youtube video about it? Because its not in line with city code? Do you even really care? What about this is even an issue? Are you people going to fight to have this "no unmarked car" crap to become a national standard?

No. You are not.

This cop was OBVIOUSLY not a jerk or unprofessional or anything of the sort. WHY THE HELL do you see him as part of the problem? You know you guys may think this is all out of control or crazy.

I see YOU being part of the problem as well. You are in control of how this country's law enforcement will turn out. They are your neighbors and part of YOUR communities. YOU DESERVE the police you get. *"There is no real change without the implementation of real consequence" right? Your words.

They act like the way they do because you do too. YOU are a mirror.

I have done all sorts of outright illegal things in front of a cop without issue. I dont have magical powers. They are as reasonable as you are. They arent out to get you. BUT like anything in life, if you act like an asshole you get what YOU DESERVE.

EDIT TO ADD:
You people want to use the bad apples to define the good cops you want so as to treat them all the same. Its like saying that because some people are scum bags that you will treat everyone like scum bags so not a single scum bag gets by you as a cop....even the good citizens you want the population to be like...you dig? Do you see how we have the exact police we deserve? Do you not see the hypocrisy?

We need to change things too. Its not all on them. They arent like storm troopers that were cloned somewhere in the galaxy by an evil empire. OUR SOCIETY made them.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

and i was threatened with arrest and impound of my vehicle for nothing but being a worker who lived in his van, on private property might i add

and tht all came about because when i tried to stop some thieves at my job i was honest with the cop and told him where i was living

after that it was almost 3 weeks of harassment and threats

thats what causes the divivde

not this person

why are u so upset at this man?

place blame were blame is due

your responses are frightening

How and why is this even important to you?

why is it important to you?

This guy was OBVIOUSLY not a jerk or unprofessional or anything of the sort. WHY THE HELL do you see him as part of the problem?

on camera . and except that little infraction . right?

I see YOU being part of the problem as well. YOU DESERVE the police you get. There is no real change without the implementation of real consequence right?

im sure u do . see my above story

They act like that because you do too. YOU are a mirror

i ignore the police . and for over six months i didnt see them.until i tried to do a good deed and be honset, they didnt give me the same courtesy (again see above story)

I have done all sorts of outright illegal things in front of a cop. I dont have magical powers. They are as reasonable as you are. They arent out to get you. BUT like anything in life, if you act like an asshole you get what YOU DESERVE.

well i havent done anything illegal in front of a cop. i told the truth . but that didnt help . they didnt like me because im the working homeless

period

eta: there are no good officers any (read all) cops who tow the thin blue line are bad cops

and those who cross it are punished and gotten rid of

no good cops exist. some good excops do exist though
edit on pm1020143111America/ChicagoSat, 18 Oct 2014 23:11:50 -0500_10u by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I am not upset with this man. I slay sheep where I see them. You all fall in line with this simplistic and flawed reasoning and then think you are so "awakened". Like you are being productive and helping the situation with this trivial crap. I care though, because like everyone I have stories too and I am getting tired of both the corrupt cops and the useful idiots that help perpetuate this nonsense.

This argument comes up and corrupt cops compare valid concerns to this crap.

I will ask again, why do you care if this city has marked cars or not. You do realize that there are probably MILLIONS of city codes across the US and only a fraction of them are enforced.

Also, I have stories too bud. Good bad and in between. The fact is this is BS and you people are being unreasonable and refusing to take your share of the blame. Keep it up, you will only get WHAT YOU DESERVE.

If this country wants better police, then it needs to become a better country.

You are acting like sheep that need a shepherd. NO ONE will treat you like the people you arent.

SHEEP.

no good cops exist

BAAAAH

There are no real Americans left either. Enjoy the totalitarian state you custom ordered, fools.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

you people are being unreasonable and refusing to take your share of the blame.

sounds like the citizens and you are on different side

anyone who refers to the people as you people is has chosen their side

and deserve the consequences to come

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join