It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Naivete amuses me

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
One of the things that amuses me is political naivete. You see it all of the time. Even on sites such as this where people claim to be "aware." What are you aware of? The wrong doings of a group, party or organization to which you belong not?
The reason I am saying this is because even here, I see the same partisan/ideological game being played as I see every where else. It astounds me honestly. Many, if not most, play the same "Ra ra. Go team go" political game the average person who isnt aware of the difference between a hole in the ground and their butt on the street does.
You sit and talk about the left/right paradigm as if either side wants a different end. Both want the same power and control over the masses; they just differ, and only minutely at that, by which means they wish to achieve that goal. Most of you don't see that though, do you? Do you truly see that, or do you just claim to to avoid dialogue with those who actually do see it?
It's sickening and amusing at the same time that so many seem so oblivious to the obvious.
edit on 17-10-2014 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

You always cut right to the heart of the matter, the left/right paradigm is a joke, they both piss away our rights.

Glad to see you back to posting regularly my friend.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Divide and conquer is the oldest game known to man. That and bread and circuses. It never ends. Two party politics is a huge sham. It makes people think they're part of a club, informed, caring, etc and they're just falling into a trap. No matter what government it is, it's totalitarianism with great PR spinsters.

The left is as corrupt as the right, the right is as corrupt as the left. The left is the same as the right. If there truly was a two party struggle in this country things would've changed for the better at least once. They never did, they get worse each election.

People aren't waking up, they're not informed. Even the Illuminati bull, is just that, bull. More distractions, more blaming the rich overseers who are puppets themselves.

No, waking up isn't buying into Snowden or voting for him or her. S + F and a big thumbs up

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well thank you, bud!! :-)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

True. It's a fact there are plenty of directions to point a finger. However, when a person sits and points at a particular group or party or organization or whatever and their "side" is doing things just as bad or worse but they do call their OWN side out, I just have to shake my head and laugh

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It's also nearly impossible to point out to those deep in the politician propaganda of this paradigm. People cling to their beliefs so strongly. I think the average person just can't stand uncertainty or the fact that they may be wrong.

Recently I talked about telegony at my work as something shown in humans and my boss called BS on me. Turns out it was proven in fruit flies not humans. I retracted my statements and admitted my wrongs. I could have cherry picked information to "prove" my point but my boss made a convincing argument and the spirit of it seemed true. That's not to say telegony in humans is impossible, just highly unlikely based on current knowledge.

It's a shame people want to be right all the time. Often there is no 100% answer to things. People still want to try though.

I think this is the great danger of the age of evidence based information. We get this idea that any verified information is a fact when many things still can't be proven. All of history is riddled with broken theories and ideologies and today people are just as sure about their personal beliefs as those who clung to the geocentric model. Oh well life goes on.
edit on 17-10-2014 by tavi45 because: auto correct mistake

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
"Vote all you want. The flight plan doesn't change."

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

There is no difference between "Republican" or "Democrat". They both lie, not "Mis-speak" but lie. Why can't we just call a lie a lie? I am so tired of hearing, "Well, that's politics" or "Well, I mis-spoke earlier". No...you lied! You lied and you got called on it. It really doesn't matter who gets elected. As I said in an earlier post...Those who would actually represent "The People" can't get elected because the Democrat or Republican "machine" will just run over them with all the funds they have in their respective "war chests".

edit on 10/17/2014 by mdl59 because: Spelling error

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

You're right. It seems that most folks chose a side and come out fighting at the drop of a suggestion that there may be a better way.

It's not just politics, but also religion, science, philosophy, and just about every subject under the sun. Divide and conquer has been in play for the last 2000 years.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: mdl59

Oh my goodness.... Lol. I couldn't have said it better myself!!
You are absolutely correct

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I don't know if I would call it naivete, but you are spot on in your point.

In my opinion, most people lack honesty. They are so wrapped up in the "ra ra, go team" mentality that they are unwilling to be honest with themselves when it's shown that their "team" is just as bad as the team they are belittling. Their mind just blocks it out and they continue to cheer for their team like good brainwashed minions.

It's really hard to discuss things with people like that because I am flexible and willing to acknowledge flaws in my ideology...but they are not.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

Yes, but people are vehemently that way in politics. So much so that some states are literally blocking FORTY TWO percent of the population from voting because that FORTY TWO percent will not associate themselves with either the Republicans or Democrats.
It's happening!! Look into it. You'll see.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Politics is reminiscent of religion™ or Your own opinion or Your own sphincter... Yours is the BEST! and everybody else's STINKS!

The whole purpose is to 'divide the division' like a cutting horse or a predator taking on a pack during a hunt... 500 in a big herd is just too much, but 10 herds of 50 is much easier to handle and because it is a GOVERNMENT entity, more jobs to fill and more folks to carry out the deeds and continue the cycle...

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
no matter how you vote the government always gets in

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: countingdown

Different wing, same bird.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

i know what naivete is.. i just prefer not to think about it

fwiw, i couldn't help but think of stuff like walking a mile in the other persons shoes
..it's just easier to point fingers until doing that

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

He, he, I agree, sadly I got the feeling that people in this nation are finally coming out of the "political" stupor and realizing that when it come to leadership in the nation we have none, nada, just a whole bunch of suit that all together can not raise their intellectual IQ beyond 50%

Is sad that what will take to wake up people will be something as horrible as ebola and perhaps will be too late do something about it.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: countingdown

Well, one of the biggest problems with our government is that it is bought by the corporations, banks and special interest groups. Until that is remedied, it's not going to get better because the politician's allegiance will never be to the CITIZENRY at this rate; it will always be to the corporations, banks and special interests.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Yeah, there are hints people are starting to "get it," but every time I think they have "got it" it's back to the same old garbage. I just don't know if they'll ever REALLY "get it" honestly.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Like you and another member said...they all lie. Maybe that 42 percent can start voting with their every day actions. Corporations and special interests rule this country, and we have every means of control when it comes to them in our lives. Don't spend your money with companies and people that do not have the long term best interests in mind for the rest of us. Stop cooperating with what you don't want in your life.

Strong community involvement gets way more done than trying to light fires under the arses of politicians.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join