It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 Terrifying True Facts About The Real Annabelle Doll

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: sled735
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Have you ever watched Haunted Collector on t.v.? He takes items that have spirit attachments from people's homes and stores them under glass cases. Apparently, there is something about glass containers that traps a spirit. I don't know how it works, but this is what the pros use.

Hey, if the pros use it......

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

There are other methods used to entrapping the souls in such objects, the glass and the box in this case are incidental and not doing the binding.

Probably the reason they don't share the containment methods outright is then those that know this art would be able to release it or unbind the objects. There are some people out there that pride themselves with servitude to demons and negative entities in the hopes of gaining powers from them. It's not like the movies or tv, even if there is a shade of truth behind it, often it ends bad for everyone involved.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
That made me laugh so hard(I could just picture the whole thing,especially the garbage truck with the smurf on top) Well seeing it's around 2am night in South Africa it's a good thing the rest of he family's asleep,or they might've been freaked out by me laughing in a dark house outa the blue:-))

I was scrolling down the recent posts on my BB just now+the ad for the movie Annabelle was sitting there like a fat spider you'd find in an unexpected place-and then I remembered my daughter told me of the movie coming out-we watched The Conjuring and that was creepy-so I guess me+her will be watching Annabelle too.Horrid things,those old porcelain dolls,.Anyway,thanks for the giggles, everytime I see a smurf from now on,I'm gonna be thinking of your story:-Da reply to: tadaman

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid
I know from my own experience that there is some truth that inanimate objects can be influenced by 'something', we can call it paranormal. But that's where it stops for me. I'm not a moralist; I don't believe in 'good/evil'. And I certainly entertain strong doubts about Jewish demonology or any form of theistic Satanism.

When people approach occultism and the paranormal with ancestral superstitions (almost hard not to, it's genetic, I believe), all sorts of religious/spiritual dogma and doctrine, subconscious primitive *fears* especially.... I believe that their paradigm colors the experience for them in a way that they actually influence the experience themselves and can sometimes experience fearful events. It's possible we create these 'spirits' ourselves as a sort of uncontrolled egregore or thought-form, and we tack on our subconscious fears and superstitions in the creation process. Not surprisingly, at least in my own experience, I observe that it largely seems to be the most fearful and those who are IMHO bogged down in spiritual dogma who always seem to be the ones having crazy spiritual and fearful experiences (look at any ouija thread right here on ATS, a perfect example this in action), and even possibly those dreaded 'possessions'.

I never have a fear of needing supernatural 'protection', and have been recklessly stirring up the hornets nest of occultism and demonism for some time, and I've never had anything I couldn't handle, and that has been few and far between. I pride myself in foolishly do all the things that all the spiritually-minded claim you should never do, such as evoking 'demons' as a total beginner, because that's how I roll, and I've been doing it like this for a long time. I've never been possessed, I'm fairly even-keeled, there's no spiritual chaos in my life whatsoever. I just don't base my beliefs in fear-based spiritual/religious dogma. Belief is everything, but challenging your subconscious fears and beliefs (or lack thereof), and even changing them to empower you and release limiting beliefs and fears, is power.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Dont forget robert.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I wonder if it's sometimes not the Object eg a doll,whether old porcelain or modern-style,but the surroundings.We were living in one of the suburbs of one of SA's main cities-and a lot of paranormal stuff went on in that house,the mildest of which were that my oldest daughter hearing shuffling footsteps at nigh in the kitchen.An old couple had the house before+the old gentleman moved out and to live with his daughter after his wife died of a heart attack in the house.I slept in that room,and her having died in there never bothered me,it was all the other stuff.

Anyway,so my kids each got a Nemo-fish along with some happymeal at some burger-place,and at first everything was fine.One went missing after a while,propably broken and discarded by one of the kids.There was a button on the fishes and then they would make some sound if you pressed it,I cannot even remember what exactly the sound was,but the sound was'nt the point.The remaining Nemo fish would suddenly start spontaneously making the sound at night,without anyone even touching it or pressing the button.

I was alone at night in those days,the husband was contract working in other African countries,or different parts of South Africa,for years.So I'd be watching tv in the lounge late at night,for instance,and the fricken Nemo-fish would start making that sound,if I recall correctly,it was a sort of laughing sound.Then I'd see it laying on the floor somewhere close,or in the hallway,or kitchen.Always it would happen at night.So one night that sheet just got old and I picked it up+hurled it out the window.Threw it in the garbage the next day.

There was a lot of paranormal stuff happening in that house,and the whole suburb was just "off".Lots of satanistic activity too,some one drew a demonic watchman sign in the road outside our house on one occasion.I went and painted over it,just covered it with paint.So with all that and other stuff going on,that Nemofish making a noise at night just seemed way more sinister than I guess it normally would've been+so I chucked it out.One less thing to freak me out,at the time.
edit on 17-10-2014 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-10-2014 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Wow! I opened the page only to drop a brick out of fright! A heads up would have been awesome haha. Annabelle, true or not, is one freaky doll.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Auricom

Sorry about that. its just a doll, lol.

You never had a Raggedy Ann when you were growing up?

Just pics…

Don't worry. theres only one Annebelle and she's locked up for the duration.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Never had a Raggedy Ann doll, but I did have a My Buddy as a kid in the 80's.

Still though, Annabelle is freaky. We need more good guy haunted dolls, you know, like Caroline.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Someone should bust out the doll and give it as a christmas present to people we don't like. MAYBE it will throw stones at them at night.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

These are um...facts?

Really?

Truly?

Absurd.

Peace

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Firstly, even the Warrens said demons do not possess objects. The "spirit" Annabelle was never human. It did not possess the doll. It merely attached itself to the doll.
There, waiting on it to perform any "antics," as some so eloquently called it, would have been in vain. The only reason it performed "antics" was because the entity which had attached itself to the doll fed off human energies which were "witnessing" the "antics." Some of you may be researchers of many things, but historical parapsychologists you are not, apparently. Heh.
edit on 17-10-2014 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Somebody please get the chucky doll out too. Two are better than one. Maybe the chucky doll is next to the annabelle doll.
If those two dolls get out of hand We'll have to break out the chuck norris doll and the G.I joe dolls and maybe mix in some clowns for more action. Then let loose the 5 monkey's and see what gives.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: cloaked4u
Oh my God! hahahaha!!!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
The only thing that bothers me is why Annabelle's case has the Devil tarot card attached to it. I'm always sighing passive-aggressively when people do this because anyone who has picked up tarot knows that the Devil card concerns temptations and being controlled by base pleasures. a reply to: intrptr

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TheToastmanCometh

…anyone who has picked up tarot knows that the Devil card concerns temptations and being controlled by base pleasures.

I didn't know that or why its there either. Is that all the card represents?

And what else do you make of it being there? Cause now my curious whiskers are up.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I guess we will never see evidence for those so called "facts".

Some museum owner telling some alleged stories to get some more (gullible?) paying visitors.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
Concerning the Devil card, i'm going off Eden Gray's interpretation, where she says the Devil represents temptation and obstacles...i'm sure there's excerpts online.

The reason why i dislike people using tarot cards in that way is it skews the true meanings...like for example there's a show called Deadly Devotion, and they had an episode on how this Gypsy woman scammed this old man. They showed tarot cards in cut scenes to go along with the theme...and off the top of my head, i remember the people behind the show used the Lovers card as a representation of how they had a passionate relationship, when in truth, the card represents choices/choosing between two loves. It's kind of a peeve of mine

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TheToastmanCometh

The reason why i dislike people using tarot cards in that way is it skews the true meanings…

I see. So your thinking is that placing the devil tarot card outside Annabelle's case is a misuse of the card, showing for instance the BS behind the scenes as it were, in this case.

Thanks for clarifying, I tend to agree with your assessment. To be fair, I don't know if the card is actually placed in reference to the case or is just one of the "haunted" objects on display in the room.

Thanks for enlightening me about that.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
While I do believe that there are many things that we do not understand about the paranormal, glass cases are really modal frequency receivers for otherwise inanimate objects. Now if some doll jumps out of the case and does a dance on top, and say's "What do you think about that?" ..... You have my undivided attention.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join