It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the heat of the moment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Tugging at my strings, make me dance like your puppet again. You must hide a smiling face behind that stoic stare, proud of your cleverness in the presence of my despair. I cannot blame you for trying me, for putting me through the hoops. I just wish I was good enough to wander right out of your pits and make it to your loving arms, and I wish you would trust enough that these games could end.

Can we revert to a time when our love was pure enough to erase away all our flaws, leaving us in a meadow of possibility enrapt in each others' awe. You were the goddess of my dreams and I was your magpie, collecting all the sparkly things just to hear your laughter. How many times will we stumble, how many times will we fall? We are worth more than this, we should already be running along, delighted in the joy of this grand adventure.

Here I sit in this shattered realm, I know the way up, but I must dispell all this heartache I bear, all this resentment inside so that I can find hope, not another place to hide. In the love of our youth, in the tenderness of our innocence, we can soar above the eagles, to Jupiter and beyond, and as we stand united in a world of our poise, nothing can stop us, especially not noise.

I love you my darling. I'll make it in time. I hope you're still waiting at the end of this line.
edit on 10 15 2014 by Nechash because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Beautiful!

new topics

join